Is Forbidden West worth it?

the best way to describe would be if you played the first game, and the first game's expansion.

it was always a matter of, how much more can they improve based on what you immediately felt lacking from the first game.

Like there was some lacking in interactivity with the overworld. Did they improve that. Yes, but maybe not as much as I would've hoped for.

Towns and NPC characters are significantly improved. I would say that it feels a little better than Witcher 3's best towns, except that Witcher 3 was more interesting because they showed you a more harsher world, and therefore harsher looking NPCs that tell an interesting story.

The side missions are definitely more plentiful, and they give you a reason to explore the map more. Which is what I felt was the biggest letdown from the first game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the first few hours are just a tutorial lol.   and yeah, @Malakius, it's a great game!

@MalaXmaS you can decide whether you want these guys to derail your thread, again.   seems like all they do is cry about me, instead of actually talking about the game.

@FIREPOWER @-GD-X admittedly I want to like the game, you can tell the production values are high. I’ll give it another try and report back soon   none the less, I have more trophies than @

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

the best way to describe would be if you played the first game, and the first game's expansion.

it was always a matter of, how much more can they improve based on what you immediately felt lacking from the first game.

Like there was some lacking in interactivity with the overworld. Did they improve that. Yes, but maybe not as much as I would've hoped for.

Towns and NPC characters are significantly improved. I would say that it feels a little better than Witcher 3's best towns, except that Witcher 3 was more interesting because they showed you a more harsher world, and therefore harsher looking NPCs that tell an interesting story.

The side missions are definitely more plentiful, and they give you a reason to explore the map more. Which is what I felt was the biggest letdown from the first game.

The best way to describe this game is, dont listen to someone who’s barely played it

Xcc05zd.jpg

jerry HATES HFW :kaz:

• dead 1
21 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The best way to describe this game is, dont listen to someone who’s barely played it

Xcc05zd.jpg

jerry HATES HFW :kaz:

@MalaXmaS you can decide whether you want these guys to derail your thread, again.

seems like all they do is cry about me, instead of actually talking about the game.

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
8 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Is all you do

No, I play the game.

And we also laugh at you.

You don't even own the console. Since its your nephews.

Next time, ask your nephew for his  opinion, since he has more credibility than you do.:drake:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ghostz said:

It’s okay but nothing special. I played it for a few hours and haven’t went back… a shit ton of stupid cutscenes of the girl just pondering life :shaq2:

if you have a code, might as well use it, doubt you’d get much

Im a few hours in also and I agree it is a slog.  I'm sure the same great tactical combat from Zero Dawn is in there, but the game doesn't want to get to it.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ghostz said:

It’s okay but nothing special. I played it for a few hours and haven’t went back… a shit ton of stupid cutscenes of the girl just pondering life :shaq2:

if you have a code, might as well use it, doubt you’d get much

The first few hours are a tutorial you dumbass. You’ve seen nothing if you’re only a few hours in.

@MalaXmaS Yea, it’s definitely worth it. Game starts out quite slow trying to teach you how to play. It can be a bit boring at the start as it feels too much like HZD but then once you actually start heading West the game introduces new gameplay mechanics and abilities and starts becoming really good. Lots to explore and do on the really massive map. It improves over HZD in every way possible and then some. I highly recommend it.

Edited by FIREPOWER
4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

The first few hours are a tutorial you dumbass. You’ve seen nothing if you’re only a few hours in.

@MalaXmaS Yea, it’s definitely worth it. Game starts out quite slow trying to teach you how to play. It can be a bit boring at the start as it feels too much like HZD but then once you actually start heading West the game introduces new gameplay mechanics and abilities and starts becoming really good. Lots to explore and do on the really massive map. I highly recommend it.

The game is extremely simple and does not need a 4 hour tutorial. I beat Elden ring which Has a 3 minute tutorial and is infinitely times more complex LOL

maybe that’s  the problem for me, I came off ER and this game just doesn’t compete in anyway 

Edited by ghostz
21 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Im a few hours in also and I agree it is a slog.  I'm sure the same great tactical combat from Zero Dawn is in there, but the game doesn't want to get to it.

It’s not a bad game by any means it’s just slow. I never played the first one so I guess I wasn’t expecting the slow start (not sure If the first one was similar, but I would expect the long tutorial in the first one.. not the second)

and it doesn’t feel like a “tutorial” I mean it’s just open world gameplay with a few markers. I just assumed it was always that slow. Maybe I’ll go back to it at some point 

Edited by ghostz
Just now, ghostz said:

The game is extremely simply and does not need a 4 hour tutorial. I beat Elden ring which Has a 3 minute tutorial and is infinitely times more complex LOL

:drake: STFU you clown. I’ve played the game more than you have and I’m telling you that you haven’t seen jackshit from the game to be able to make an assessment. I have close to hundred hours in the game and I’m saying it’s a way better game than HZD was. Fuck outta here you retard and go give your nephew his PS5 back.

Just now, ghostz said:

It’s not a bad game by any means it’s just slow. I never played the first one so I guess I wasn’t expecting the slow start (not sure If the first one was similar, but I would expect the long tutorial in the first one.. not the second)

The first one also has a lengthy story intro, but it's generally much higher quality.  Too much of Forbidden West's intro is Aloy meeting friends and telling them to fuck off. Her character just comes across as arrogant and annoying.

• Thanks 1
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

:drake: STFU you clown. I’ve played the game more than you have and I’m telling you that you haven’t seen jackshit from the game to be able to make an assessment. I have close to hundred hours in the game and I’m saying it’s a way better game than HZD was. Fuck outta here you retard and go give your nephew his PS5 back.

Never played the first one, can’t comment. Like I said in another post, I’ll likely give it another try. But usually when you are HOURS in and it’s not fun, time to call it quits 

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Never played the first one, can’t comment. Like I said in another post, I’ll likely give it another try. But usually when you are HOURS in and it’s not fun, time to call it quits 

That’s a stupid way to approach games, no wonder you’re a clown. I’ve started out many games that weren’t fun at the start especially during tutorial sections then they open up and become amazing later. HFW is one of those games.

I was bored at the beginning ‘cos it reminded me too much of HZD but I kept playing and as soon as I left the tutorial section of the game and started heading towards the Forbidden West the game became a whole lot better than HZD. It’s an amazing game but dumbasses and quitters like you that are still stuck at the start are missing out on what the game has to offer. Your loss :mjgrin:

Edited by FIREPOWER
15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

That’s a stupid way to approach games, no wonder you’re a clown. I’ve started out many games that weren’t fun at the start especially during tutorial sections then they open up and become amazing later. HFW is one of those games.

I was bored at the beginning ‘cos it reminded me too much of HZD but I kept playing and as soon as I left the tutorial section of the game and started heading towards the Forbidden West the game became a whole lot better than HZD. It’s an amazing game but dumbasses and quitters like you that are still stuck at the start are missing out on what the game has to offer. Your loss :mjgrin:

You were bored because it reminded you of the first game, I was bored because it wasn’t fun. 

there’s a difference. 

13 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You were bored because it reminded you of the first game, I was bored because it wasn’t fun. 

there’s a difference. 

You also barely played the game so your opinion is pretty much worthless. OP is asking for opinions of people that have played the game and mine far outweighs your crappy uninformed opinion :mjpls:

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

@FIREPOWER @-GD-X admittedly I want to like the game, you can tell the production values are high. I’ll give it another try and report back soon :salute:

none the less, I have more trophies than @jehurey :drake: 

:smoke: Give it a go man. You may or may not like it when you’re done but it’s far better than judging the game based solely on the tutorial section.

• Thanks 1