Tactics Ogre reborn announced - Nov 11th. PS4/PS5, Steam and Switch.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

They really put such a minimal amount of effort into this. I just can't help but be disappointed.

They put probably just the right amount of effort into it. 

Anything more or less and SquareEnix royally fucks shit up usually.

I think it looks great. :glad: 

The price though :patrice: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

They put probably just the right amount of effort into it. 

Anything more or less and SquareEnix royally fucks shit up usually.

I think it looks great. :glad: 

The price though :patrice: 

So you wouldn't want revamped graphics and production values? They're just bringing back basically the same game after more than a decade. What's the point if they aren't going to put the work into trying to make it a more modern experience.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

So you wouldn't want revamped graphics and production values? They're just bringing back basically the same game after more than a decade. What's the point if they aren't going to put the work into trying to make it a more modern experience.

Nope.  They would fuck it up.  Guaranteed.

I'm perfectly happy with the visuals here.  Would be nice if the filter could be turned on or off for people who want the option, but I'm good either way.

I'm honestly terrified of what they might to do Final Fantasy Tactics.. keeping my fingers crossed :scared: 

• Upvote 1

Comparison of  PSP vs Reborn

tofullblownnjjsa.gif

The character and vegetation sprites in the PSP version seemingly already had been filtered, and they're awfully blurred.  The new version essentially keeps the same sprites but makes them far sharper/clearer.  I think it's a step up personally.

The backgrounds are the most affected by the filter they're using, and I can understand some people not liking it.  Again, the best thing would be a choice to turn it on or off.. but I doubt it will have it.

Regardless of all that, the voice acting is a great addition, and I honestly really like the UI.  They did a great job with it IMO.  It's nice and sharp, and the font look perfect.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's way too expensive but it has steam trading cards so I should be able to recoup 20-30$ maybe if I'm lucky. So day one.

idk how you manage to make so much money off of those cards. Every batch I sell when I buy a steam game gets me 40-50 cents at most. 

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

idk how you manage to make so much money off of those cards. Every batch I sell when I buy a steam game gets me 40-50 cents at most. 

Well, there's multiple ways but primarily you need to create cards (boosters packs) using gems, basically you need a game where gems cost less than what you'll get from selling the three cards you get out of a booster pack (pure speculation, no way to know in advance), and if you're lucky it might contain a rare foil worth a few bucks, if you produce packs you're bound to get a few but don't rely on luck, if the base cards aren't profitable, don't make the pack. You can only do this once every 24 hours per game and it's only profitable with recently released games that are least than a month old (most of the time anyway(, usually niche JRPGs with dedicated fanbases have a good return. Like I will buy all Persona games day one even though I don't want them, I got ridiculous returns out of Persona 5 Strikers and that was just the spin off. 

The few cards you get from just playing a game won't neat you anything. Sometime I just keep them to complete a set.

There are other ways, like making a huge buying orders for cards as soon as they appear on the market at the cheapest price possible and then selling them for a higher cost. There's always people who have no idea what they're doing or they don't care so they practically give out their shit. It's a time consuming process though.

Or crafting badges to get gems, tradable smileys and wallpapers but that's riskier and hardly worth the effort. Leveling up your steam account is supposed to increase your chances of gaining free booster packs but I'm level 90+ and I've gotten maybe 7-8 boosters in almost two years time... The system is busted. 

Anyway. TLDR: Buy gems, make booster pack for a game you own, sell the cards or the booster itself, profit?, repeat 24 hours later. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Well, there's multiple ways but primarily you need to create cards (boosters packs) using gems, basically you need a game where gems cost less than what you'll get from selling the three cards you get out of a booster pack (pure speculation, no way to know in advance), and if you're lucky it might contain a rare foil worth a few bucks, if you produce packs you're bound to get a few but don't rely on luck, if the base cards aren't profitable, don't make the pack. You can only do this once every 24 hours per game and it's only profitable with recently released games that are least than a month old (most of the time anyway(, usually niche JRPGs with dedicated fanbases have a good return. Like I will buy all Persona games day one even though I don't want them, I got ridiculous returns out of Persona 5 Strikers and that was just the spin off. 

The few cards you get from just playing a game won't neat you anything. Sometime I just keep them to complete a set.

There are other ways, like making a huge buying orders for cards as soon as they appear on the market at the cheapest price possible and then selling them for a higher cost. There's always people who have no idea what they're doing or they don't care so they practically give out their shit. It's a time consuming process though.

Or crafting badges to get gems, tradable smileys and wallpapers but that's riskier and hardly worth the effort. Leveling up your steam account is supposed to increase your chances of gaining free booster packs but I'm level 90+ and I've gotten maybe 7-8 boosters in almost two years time... The system is busted. 

Anyway. TLDR: Buy gems, make booster pack for a game you own, sell the cards or the booster itself, profit?, repeat 24 hours later. 

Yeah I definitely don't have the time or patience for this :D