• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TLOU 1 Remake going to be amazing

Nah TLOU2 has incredible gameplay

Those graphics are still impressive for being 2017. Those facial animations. There is nothing like this for Xbox...

15 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol Mala and his queer awakening, realizing that he's turning cow. 

Nah.

I still like my Xbox franchises.

While I enjoy GT7, I am waiting patiently for both Forza Motorsport 8 and WRC Generations.

Both consoles have show stoppers like Gears 5, Rosscharted 4, among others.

The reason why I never got into the Sony games last gen was because PS4 was criminally weak by the time the One X showed up.

Now that both are even powered consoles, I can enjoy them.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nah.

While I enjoy GT7, I am waiting patiently for both Forza Motorsport 8 and WRC Generations.

The reason why I never got into the Sony games last gen was because PS4 was criminally weak by the time the One X showed up.

This is too logical for systemwars. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nah.

One X showed up at the tail end of the gen, so Playstation was more powerful the Majority of the gen.

Yet you still got a base Xbox1 over a base PS4 :umad:

• dead 2
41 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

One X showed up at the tail end of the gen, so Playstation was more powerful the Majority of the gen.

Yet you still got a base Xbox1 over a base PS4 :umad:

I started with a PS4 by mid 2015, and by 2017 the One X showed up and stuck with it till the Series X.

The Pro came up before One X but it wasn't showing any significant support by Sony.

In fact, many games were still being released with the base model in mind and that made a lot of people question that mid-gen release.

Meanwhile, with the One X, MS released several upconverted versions of their game and their games were being released with base and One X model in mind.

MS handled the mid-gen release much better.

24 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I started with a PS4 by mid 2015, and by 2017 the One X showed up and stuck with it till the Series X.

The Pro came up before One X but it wasn't showing any significant support by Sony.

In fact, many games were still being released with the base model in mind and that made a lot of people question that mid-gen release.

Meanwhile, with the One X, MS released several upconverted versions of their game and their games were being released with base and One X model in mind.

Are you fucking kidding? Xbox was effectively abandoned by 2017.

What wete you playing? Crapdown 3? 5tate or decay? Grounded? Microsoft gave up and that was obvious to everyone.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

MS literally released ZERO games tailored to the One X.  How delusional are you? 

Not too late to stop and play something else.

Nah, real talk I think it was alright. Better than 3 but nowhere near 2 although TBF 2 sets a high bar. 4 just tends to drag a lot so it has issues holding momentum which is important for this type of game.

• Like 1
On 2022-08-07 at 9:20 AM, MalaXmaS said:

Nah.

PS4 was way more powerful than One, and PS4 Pro came out before One X :|

One X came out too late in the gen to benefit from its hardware advantage.

It really doesn't matter when MS would have released the One X.  They didn't have any games ready to take advantage of it until the damn thing was out already.  Outside of a few (at that time) studios, MS only really had The Coalition and Playground Games that push visuals.

• dead 1
4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

The shooting is very bad though.

Doesn't make sense, considering they fixed it in UC3.

Yeah, no idea why ND likes to make enemies tanky in their games. It's like they don't understand how that makes for terrible feedback when it comes to the gunplay. A headshot should always be fatal but in ND games motherfuckers have steel skulls. Watching a dude take three to the face and STILL not die makes for unsatisfying gunplay.

Uncharted 4 is pure fan service and probably one of the most amazing wrap ups to a game series story and character wise. But those are it's core priorities which means it heavily sacrifices the pacing and flow that previous titles had. Going into UC4 with no previous franchise and character connection would make it one of the worst UCs but if you are in it for the characters then it is arguably the best. Couldn't imagine playing it without playing 1-3 first though. 

the UC4 epilogue is truly fascinating, because I was thinking that Naughty Dog really appears like as if they're not going to go back to Nathan Drake again. As a central character.

i give them credit for them sorta closing the door on that character.

I played the first 3 hours last night (PS4 version on PS5), and it's so fucking good. Graphically there's only a handful of 3rd party games in the same league.  But ND also showcases new gameplay very early on. The first thing you do in the game is drive a boat, which I think is the first vehicle control in the series. Then the rope/grapple mechanic introduced in the flashback section is a huge addition.

One thing about ND games is the controls do what you want/expect a lot more than other games.  I've been playing Wind Waker lately, and climbing ladders is always awkward. Nate moves much more fluidly through irregular environments than any game I've played. It's immediately noticeable when you play Gears of War, and your character can't hurdle over a short railing coming down a staircase.

It's too bad the rest of the industry is so far behind Naughty Dog.

4 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I played the first 3 hours last night (PS4 version on PS5), and it's so fucking good. Graphically there's only a handful of 3rd party games in the same league.  But ND also showcases new gameplay very early on. The first thing you do in the game is drive a boat, which I think is the first vehicle control in the series. Then the rope/grapple mechanic introduced in the flashback section is a huge addition.

One thing about ND games is the controls do what you want/expect a lot more than other games.  I've been playing Wind Waker lately, and climbing ladders is always awkward. Nate moves much more fluidly through irregular environments than any game I've played. It's immediately noticeable when you play Gears of War, and your character can't hurdle over a short railing coming down a staircase.

lol

6 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

1 had jet skis, no?