UK Sales Week 31, 2022 (Aug 01 - Aug 07)​: Horizon: FW back on top/GT7 climbs again due to bundles, Xenoblade 3 tumbles 83% week-on-week falling from #1 to #10

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/horizon-forbidden-west-takes-no1-back-uk-boxed-charts

LW TW Title Age Rating Label
2 1 HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST PEGI 16+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
4 2 NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTS PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
3 3 LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
5 4 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
13 5 GRAN TURISMO 7 PEGI 3+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
7 6 MINECRAFT PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
6 7 F1 22 PEGI 3+ EA SPORTS
11 8 POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
9 9 ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
1 10 XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
12 11 FIFA 22 PEGI 3+ EA SPORTS
14 12 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
24 13 BATTLEFIELD 2042 PEGI 16+ EA GAMES
16 14 KIRBY AND THE FORGOTTEN LAND PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
25 15 WWE 2K22 PEGI 16+ 2K
15 16 MARIO STRIKERS: BATTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
17 17 MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARS PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
22 18 THE QUARRY PEGI 18+ 2K
21 19 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
  20 DEMON'S SOULS PEGI 18+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
19 21 SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
27 22 LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
  23 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES PEGI 16+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
18 24 LEGO JURASSIC WORLD PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
20 25 FAR CRY 6 PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
26 26 GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE TRILOGY - THE DEFINITIVE EDITION PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
28 27 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
8 28 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: SHREDDER'S REVENGE PEGI 12+ MERGE GAMES
  29 POKEMON SHINING PEARL PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
34 30 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
30 31 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
33 32 RING FIT ADVENTURE PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
35 33 MINECRAFT DUNGEONS PEGI 7+ MOJANG
29 34 POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
10 35 DIGIMON SURVIVE PEGI 12+ BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
31 36 ELDEN RING PEGI 16+ BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
37 37 LUIGI'S MANSION 3 PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
32 38 ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
39 39 SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
38 40 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

Pretty big fall for Xenoblade 3.  Sony bundles predictably cause first party games to raise up in the charts again.   Once again pretty sad for MS with no Xbox games, outside of Minecraft, and Minecraft Dungeons in the top 40.

• aitch 1
  • Remij changed the title to UK Sales Week 31, 2022 (Aug 01 - Aug 07)​: Horizon: FW back on top/GT7 climbs again due to bundles, Xenoblade 3 tumbles 83% week-on-week falling from #1 to #10

Once again, the only two companies that have great new AAA first party games out are the only companies dominating the charts. 

MS thought it was okay to release a console without first party support and they are paying the price. Sony’s games will continue to come back on the charts as more PS5s arrive and the chip shortages slowly subside. It’s gonna keep getting worse for MS the longer they have no worthwhile AAA first party games out. GamePass can only take them so far especially when they aren’t even releasing worthwhile new AAA games to make GP worth it for most people.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Once again, the only two companies that have great new AAA first party games out are the only companies dominating the charts. 

MS thought it was okay to release a console without first party support and they are paying the price. Sony’s games will continue to come back on the charts as more PS5s arrive and the chip shortages slowly subside. It’s gonna keep getting worse for MS the longer they have no worthwhile AAA first party games out. GamePass can only take them so far especially when they aren’t even releasing worthwhile new AAA games to make GP worth it for most people.

Not having any releases for this year is just stupid.  I still can't believe it.  How do you not have a single major release for an entire year?

They really needed Starfield for this year.  I could at least defend them a bit if they had THAT... because it will definitely be a big launch..  But once again they drop the ball when they really can't afford to...

Everything is next year now... and regardless of how good anything they could possibly release next year could possibly be... they're fucked because Breath of the Wild 2 is coming, and Sony's locked and loaded with FF16, Spider-Man 2, and probably a couple of other things I'm forgetting...

Oh well, see what happens I guess.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

There was a story about how an Xbox insider is saying that GamePass will not have any more day-one releases from third-party games for the rest of 2022.

giphy.gif

We know Plague Tale Requiem is one of them so that’s clearly not true

Another thing that sucks is that there was that rumor of a Gears of War collection, which I have to admit I got my hopes up and was kinda really looking forward to.  I would have loved to have seen 1-3 and Judgement come to PC with improved visuals and whatever else.

Even that would have satisfied me for the rest of the year... but it was all bullshit. :( 

9 hours ago, Remij said:

Another thing that sucks is that there was that rumor of a Gears of War collection, which I have to admit I got my hopes up and was kinda really looking forward to.  I would have loved to have seen 1-3 and Judgement come to PC with improved visuals and whatever else.

Even that would have satisfied me for the rest of the year... but it was all bullshit. :( 

Old ports would have been good enough for you for an ENTIRE YEAR? :holeup: