I got a PS5

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FF7R is great. Not playing the original might actually increase your enjoyment of it, because you won’t be thinking about all the things it does differently and end up becoming butthurt like remij

Cool, now you should try inserting a game in the slot in the front. That's how it works, I know it must be an alien concept for a Lemming but you'll get the hang of it.

Ive already used it more than you have 😆

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I also downloaded Ghosts , FFVII and Demon Souls. Ima go with TLOU2 next tho.

All great games, but I admit I couldn't get into Demon's Souls. I loved the original but the remake just felt too familiar to me.

You might like it if you skipped the original tho.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I disagree with you about the combat, but the repetitive nature of the enemies and certain things you have to do is a genuine issue with the game.  The trolls with the stone pillars aren't really supposed to be bosses, but since they had so much more life than average enemies they wanted to have health bars and their names on the screen to help players know that they're hurting them lol.

Kratos :lawd:

Interested in seeing what you think about TLOU2 :fblike: 

It was more so the lack of real, epic boss fights that bothered me. If there was repeated filler bosses in addition to epic boss fights, sure that would have been less of an annoyance. But it was always those same fuckers. I hope GOWR cleans up some of the repetitive nature of this game. Cause really i think this game could have easily been a 10/10 if the annoying shit was done better.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

All great games, but I admit I couldn't get into Demon's Souls. I loved the original but the remake just felt too familiar to me.

You might like it if you skipped the original tho.

I played the original for like an hour. Ill probably play the remake for about the same lmao. 

I think DS always looked fucking boring and awful. But i know some people think its great. Its not gonna be high on my list but ill try it eventually.

It was more so the lack of real, epic boss fights that bothered me. If there was repeated filler bosses in addition to epic boss fights, sure that would have been less of an annoyance. But it was always those same fuckers. I hope GOWR cleans up some of the repetitive nature of this game. Cause really i think this game could have easily been a 10/10 if the annoying shit was done better.

Yep, that's perfectly fair.  I hope the same thing.

I played the original for like an hour. Ill probably play the remake for about the same lmao. 

I think DS always looked fucking boring and awful. But i know some people think its great. Its not gonna be high on my list but ill try it eventually.

Its the same style of game as Elden Ring (just nowhere near as open or large) so you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep, that's perfectly fair.  I hope the same thing.

The last action game i  played was Elden Ring. So coming from something like that to GOW probably plays a part with my expectations not being met

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Its the same style of game as Elden Ring (just nowhere near as open or large) so you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

He might not like it because unlike Elden Ring in Demon's Souls if you're stuck, you don't have many options to go elsewhere and come back way overpowered.

IIRC Jon made Elden Ring easier for himself by over leveling.  It's not as easy to do in DS.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I did like me some Elden Ring. Ill bump it up on my list if i cant get into some of the other games.

Just now, Remij said:

He might not like it because unlike Elden Ring in Demon's Souls if you're stuck, you don't have many options to go elsewhere and come back way overpowered.

IIRC Jon made Elden Ring easier for himself by over leveling.  It's not as easy to do in DS.

Is DS hard? I doesnt seem like it would be that type of game. Look, without mimic , i would have not beaten ER lmao. I wouldnt say i over leveled, mimic made the game easy. Plus i basically played with a youtube vid on another screen 😆 But that shit was crack.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

You have a point, but all the main areas in Demon's Souls are available from the beginning. So you still have some choices.

• Like 1
Just now, JonbX said:

Is DS hard? I doesnt seem like it would be that type of game. Look, without mimic , i would have not beaten ER lmao. I wouldnt say i over leveled, mimic made the game easy. Plus i basically played with a youtube vid on another screen 😆 But that shit was crack.

It's difficult if you're not used to these types of games.  

Perhaps now that you've played Elden Ring and are at least more familiar with the general flow of things Demon's Souls might be more approachable to you now.. but there's really not any super obvious ways to cheese the game and be over powered.  It's more linear and forces you to approach obstacles head on without much room to do other things.

It's honestly really hard to say.  You'll just have to try it and find out.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

You have a point, but all the main areas in Demon's Souls are available from the beginning. So you still have some choices.

Oh yea, for sure.. but not quite like Elden Ring lol.

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

oh i was talking about Death Stranding, not Demon Souls. My bad with the DS

Oh well that changes things lol.

Honestly, you're kind of a hard person to judge.  I have a feeling that you wont like Death Stranding.  It all depends how you react to the pace that it forces you to play at in the beginning for quite some time.  It's very different to anything you've probably ever played before.  There's a LOTof story exposition and a lot of menu-ing.  

I'm not sure you'll like that.  It's a slow paced game for quite some time, but as you keep chugging through it, you might begin to see some of the brilliance in it.  You get some cool items and equipment to use and as it becomes available to you you get a strong sense of progression in the game.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Oh well that changes things lol.

Honestly, you're kind of a hard person to judge.  I have a feeling that you wont like Death Stranding.  It all depends how you react to the pace that it forces you to play at in the beginning for quite some time.  It's very different to anything you've probably ever played before.  There's a LOTof story exposition and a lot of menu-ing.  

I'm not sure you'll like that.  It's a slow paced game for quite some time, but as you keep chugging through it, you might begin to see some of the brilliance in it.  You get some cool items and equipment to use and as it becomes available to you you get a strong sense of progression in the game.

Its all free on PSPoorPass so no reason not to try these games.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

TLOU2 is godly :wow2:

Lol jonb isnt impressed with a sony game who could have guessed. I'm sorry it doesn't meet his lofty expectations like Crackdown 3, State of decay 2, Voodoo Vince and Sea of Thieves.