I got a PS5

56 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Man, it's been a while. It's not very long from what I remember if you don't tackle a lot of the side content. Like 12-14 hours or so? Hard to say. 

I remember the valkyrie optional boss fights being really challenging. I think I liked those but I'm still not sure, now that I think about it, I've forgotten most of the boss fights. Clearly not the moments I remember most fondly. 

And you're right than the enemies variety was lacking. I liked the combat though, it felt different, not perfect but it's fun. If I had a PS5 I'd buy GoW Ragnarok day one most likely. Despite all the nitpicks, it's still a pretty good game if you ask me, far better than the old GoW trash games. I could never get into those.

Oh thats not too long i was expecting like 30 hours or so. I do think its a good game so far , its just annoying that it feels so dated. Hoping GOWR fixes up some of those issues cause i am getting that day one for sure.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FF7R is great. Not playing the original might actually increase your enjoyment of it, because you won’t be thinking about all the things it does differently and end up becoming butthurt like remij

Cool, now you should try inserting a game in the slot in the front. That's how it works, I know it must be an alien concept for a Lemming but you'll get the hang of it.

Ive already used it more than you have 😆

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

OBJECTION. PROJECTION.

where am i projecting?

please, i would love to see a post of mines in which I make a long post bitching a game, in which I sneaked in the words "yeah so far its good" up front and then proceed to do three paragraphs of forced bitching.

Please, point out where I've done that.

55 minutes ago, Remij said:

Game is awesome.  Combat is awesome.  Enemy variety I give you though.

There's a lot of copy/paste bosses like the Valkyries and the troll bosses.  There's a couple of other "god" type fights which are different, and some dragons which are different.

I dont think the combat is awful, but its repetitive for sure. At least so far. Thats probably less the combats fault then the way you are presented combat. If that makes any sense.

Just now, jehurey said:

where am i projecting?

please, i would love to see a post of mines in which I make a long post bitching a game, in which I sneaked in the words "yeah so far its good" up front and then proceed to do three paragraphs of forced bitching.

Please, point out where I've done that.

You could have disputed some of my opinions, or spoke you own, like remij and david did. But here you are, as we all knew you would be you dumb fat idiot 🤣

14 minutes ago, JonbX said:

You could have disputed some of my opinions, or spoke you own, like remij and david did. But here you are, as we all knew you would be you dumb fat idiot 🤣

I did dispute some of your opinions:

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

And he thinks that God of War enemies, in previous games..............have looked like Silent Hill characters:drake:

This old guy has cataracts.

I love how you immediately fail.

22 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I dont think the combat is awful, but its repetitive for sure. At least so far. Thats probably less the combats fault then the way you are presented combat. If that makes any sense.

You'll get more moves which will make it more interesting.  The shit you can do is pretty cool.

I don't blame you for thinking the way you do though.  Maybe you're just expecting more from it than I did?  It's no Devil May Cry... but as a God of War game, it's pretty fucking awesome.  The best combat in any GoW game by far.

I say keep going.  The story and characters are great.  There's a lot of repetitive stuff that you can either choose to do, or ignore.  If you get bored with it, then just continue pushing through and see the story to the end.  It might not be your favorite, but you'll like it I'm sure.

Ragnarok is coming too so if you end up liking it, the adventure will continue very soon. :glad: 

7 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Some, as in one, and it doesnt even make sense?

LOL

[jonb]: you don't even dispute one thing

[few minutes later]

[jonb]: Oh Ok, so you dispute one thing...........so what?

:lawl:it really is hilarious watching him fail this badly.

And he is now pretending that my dispute doesn't make sense.

That he said that God of War enemies have always looked like Silent Hill characters

He doesn't understand why that would be disputed???????

Just now, Remij said:

You'll get more moves which will make it more interesting.  The shit you can do is pretty cool.

I don't blame you for thinking the way you do though.  Maybe you're just expecting more from it than I did?  It's no Devil May Cry... but as a God of War game, it's pretty fucking awesome.  The best combat in any GoW game by far.

I say keep going.  The story and characters are great.  There's a lot of repetitive stuff that you can either choose to do, or ignore.  If you get bored with it, then just continue pushing through and see the story to the end.  It might not be your favorite, but you'll like it I'm sure.

Ragnarok is coming too so if you end up liking it, the adventure will continue very soon. :glad: 

You really think its the best GOW combat? I wouldnt even consider it a comparison. Its so confined in comparison.  Im not gonna stop i really do like it . Just a lot of it feels so dated, and lazy. Kratos is a badass ( well maybe not as much in this game) and his character alone will make me finish the game. Its good.  The comic relief characters are annoying but i really like the Witch. And the head, he actually kinda funny sometimes.

Just now, JonbX said:

You really think its the best GOW combat? I wouldnt even consider it a comparison. Its so confined in comparison.  Im not gonna stop i really do like it . Just a lot of it feels so dated, and lazy. Kratos is a badass ( well maybe not as much in this game) and his character alone will make me finish the game. Its good.  The comic relief characters are annoying but i really like the Witch. And the head, he actually kinda funny sometimes.

I mean, yea I think so.  I love it. :wrists:

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I mean, yea I think so.  I love it. :wrists:

Honest question though, do you think you could most likely beat most enemy rooms with your eyes shut ? :beckham:

I just got to the part where it says my axe wont be useful anymore. Guess i get a new weapon now so thats good.  I got covid again so thats always a good excuse to do nothing but sit around and play video games 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonbX said:

I just got to the part where it says my axe wont be useful anymore. Guess i get a new weapon now so thats good.  I got covid again so thats always a good excuse to do nothing but sit around and play video games 🤣

Speaking of that, my throat has been sore today... feels like what it did when I first got covid.. wouldn't be surprised if I got it again.

And yea, might as well make the most of it lol.  That's what I did when I got covid the first time.  Had to isolate for 2 weeks lol.. no complaints from me :smilecry:

Feel better man

Edited by Remij
3 hours ago, JonbX said:

I got covid again so thats always a good excuse to do nothing but sit around and play video games 🤣

You are SO lucky you just got a PS5 because God knows the xbox wasn't going to cut it :lawl:

• Haha 1

Well i just finished GOW. Man, that was a rough one. 

The combat became a little more fun when you had to flip between fire and ice. They should not have made you wait like 8+ hours to get the 2nd weapon. But damn, this game is filled to the Sony brim with repetitive actions, repetitive, unnecessary backtracking, repeated, drab "puzzles" over and over and over. 

The enemy variety never really got any better. And i swear, the boss carrying the stone pillar?? I fought that same boss. At least 10 times. Same death animation and all. The only enemies i actually enjoyed where the Dark Souls guys. And of course, they were the least repeated of any enemies. Even the boy says, numerous times...... "havent we seen enough of these guys?" Yes, i have and you damn well know it to. FFS.

Really the best parts werent playing the game it was just watching the story play out. And that was good. Kratos is still one of the most enjoyable characters out there. The Witch was great. Head was great. The comic relief characters were MEH. Didnt even fit in with the tone of the game. Ballsder was ok too. The last fight with him was pretty awesome.

Overall, i would give this game a 7.0 out of 10 and thats only because Kratos is so cool. Without him it would be a certified stinker.

On to TLOU2 next 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, TLHBO said:

You are SO lucky you just got a PS5 because God knows the xbox wasn't going to cut it :lawl:

You're right. Pressing the Circle and Square button 10000 times prob kept my blood flowing pretty good.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

The combat became a little more fun when you had to flip between fire and ice. They should not have made you wait like 8+ hours to get the 2nd weapon. But damn, this game is filled to the Sony brim with repetitive actions, repetitive, unnecessary backtracking, repeated, drab "puzzles" over and over and over. 

The enemy variety never really got any better. And i swear, the boss carrying the stone pillar?? I fought that same boss. At least 10 times. Same death animation and all. The only enemies i actually enjoyed where the Dark Souls guys. And of course, they were the least repeated of any enemies. Even the boy says, numerous times...... "havent we seen enough of these guys?" Yes, i have and you damn well know it to. FFS.

Really the best parts werent playing the game it was just watching the story play out. And that was good. Kratos is still one of the most enjoyable characters out there. The Witch was great. Head was great. The comic relief characters were MEH. Didnt even fit in with the tone of the game. Ballsder was ok too. The last fight with him was pretty awesome.

Overall, i would give this game a 7.0 out of 10 and thats only because Kratos is so cool. Without him it would be a certified stinker.

On to TLOU2 next 😆

TLOU2 is godly :wow2:

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

On to TLOU2 next 😆

I disagree with you about the combat, but the repetitive nature of the enemies and certain things you have to do is a genuine issue with the game.  The trolls with the stone pillars aren't really supposed to be bosses, but since they had so much more life than average enemies they wanted to have health bars and their names on the screen to help players know that they're hurting them lol.

Kratos :lawd:

Interested in seeing what you think about TLOU2 :fblike: