July NPD Switch #1 Units, PS5 #2 in units and #1 in revenue

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The newer chipset from Nvidia will be more efficient so expect around the same battery life while also getting a generational increase in processing. 

The next Switch will be a another hybrid. (they laid out the road map for the next 10 years already)  they didn't consolidate the entire company on the development side to turn back on the Switch line now. 

My prediction is whatever "gimmicks"  they add will be in the controller and or dock. 

While the system itself will just be in a similar form factor of the OG Switch. 

Which is exactly what they did with OG Switch.    They were still able to do the gimmicky games (Labo,  1-2 Switch, that  Mario Kart RC  game,  Etc)  without having the entire system itself built around the gimmick like Wii, Wiiu and 3DS.

This gave them the flexibility to not be weighed down by the gimmick if it doesn't catch on (like Wiiu, and the 3D in 3Ds for example). 

Would you consider the Steam Deck a generational leap over the Switch?

Because if a new Switch releases next year, and it's based around Ampere... I'm not seeing how it's that much more efficient than RDNA2 already in the Deck.  They'd also want a more powerful CPU, which would require more power as well.  You're going to be power limited in portable mode if you want 5+ hours of gameplay.  I don't think there's any way around that.  Unless it's 2024 and is based on Lovelace and is on a smaller node.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dumb ass

this thread is entertaining af!

Posted Images

Just now, ghostz said:

Steam deck is without a doubt a gen ahead of switch. Can’t play Nintendo games tho, that’s why Nintendo systems sell. 

Ok.  So considering that the Switch punches above it's weight for power since it's a streamlined gaming device with tools and games built specifically for the hardware, we know that will remain true for the Switch 2.

What the Switch 2 lacks for having to conform to longer battery life, they can make up for with more efficient use of the hardware itself.  So in the end it comes around Steam Deck level?  A little bit better because of better reconstruction tech in DLSS?

I wonder what the goal of the hardware is for them.  Just more resolution, or go bigger on the CPU?

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ok.  So considering that the Switch punches above it's weight for power since it's a streamlined gaming device with tools and games built specifically for the hardware, we know that will remain true for the Switch 2.

What the Switch 2 lacks for having to conform to longer battery life, they can make up for with more efficient use of the hardware itself.  So in the end it comes around Steam Deck level?  A little bit better because of better reconstruction tech in DLSS?

I wonder what the goal of the hardware is for them.  Just more resolution, or go bigger on the CPU?

i hope so. But Nintendo isn’t necessarily bound by hardware like Sony and ms. No one cares with Nintendo, including me. Their style produces some of the best looking games imo. 

better hardware is never a bad thing though. 

Edited by ghostz
6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

i hope so. But Nintendo isn’t necessarily bound by hardware like Sony and ms. No one cares with Nintendo, including me. Their style produces some of the best looking games imo. 

better hardware is never a bad thing though. 

Oh for sure.  They could do awesome things with hardware the power of the Deck or better.  Especially with more memory.  Give them 16GBs of RAM and they could do sooo much more.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Oh for sure.  They could do awesome things with hardware the power of the Deck or better.  Especially with more memory.  Give them 16GBs of RAM and they could do sooo much more.

Imagine series X or ps5 (or assumingly better) with Nintendo design  

46 minutes ago, Remij said:

Slightly better than steam deck given that it will be streamlined device,  with custom Nvidia API for almost to the metal low level access amd games developed specifically for the hardware. 

The Raw on paper numbers might be at deck level but all those things mentioned above will push it over. 

Oh and definitely a better screen than the deck.. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Slightly better than steam deck given that it will be streamlined device,  with custom Nvidia API for almost to the metal low level access amd games developed specifically for the hardware. 

The Raw on paper numbers might be at deck level but all those things mentioned above will push it over. 

Oh and definitely a better screen than the deck.. 

That's fair.  We'll have to see.  I hope I'm wrong and it somehow demolishes the Deck, but I just can't see it.

It should easily have the better Docked experience though.  DLSS will help a lot.. FSR2 is good, but in fast motion it breaks down more than DLSS, especially at low resolutions like what these machines target.

Valve have a lot of work to do with the docked experience of the Deck.  

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

A Legend of Zelda game with a $200M budget on top end hardware :lawd:

Stupid crazy. Nintendo could take it all over if they wanted to. They play it safe, which is fine because imo they still produce the best games. But just imagine … 

that e3 bs demo of Zelda is what comes to mind. Obviously outdated now but at the time ..

Just now, Remij said:

That's fair.  We'll have to see.  I hope I'm wrong and it somehow demolishes the Deck, but I just can't see it.

It should easily have the better Docked experience though.  DLSS will help a lot.. FSR2 is good, but in fast motion it breaks down more than DLSS, especially at low resolutions like what these machines target.

Valve have a lot of work to do with the docked experience of the Deck.  

I don’t really see it being much if any stronger than steam deck either, but it should be. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ghostz said:

In the last 12 months, the Xbox Series X|S has outsold PlayStation 5 by 406,340 units. 

In what Universe?

Even with the shortages the PS5 has been destroying the Series L in worldwide sales.

In fact, the only place the Series L was beginning to catch up was US but the PS5 is still ahead in total sales for the year.

84F27FCA-23C9-446F-9179-F131D5337276.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

In what Universe?

Even with the shortages the PS5 has been destroying the Series L in worldwide sales.

In fact, the only place the Series L was beginning to catch up was US but the PS5 is still ahead in total sales for the year.

84F27FCA-23C9-446F-9179-F131D5337276.jpeg

No, it’s not. It’s literally in third. All of those articles are talking revenue, dummy. We’ve already been through this. 

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

No, it’s not. It’s literally in third. All of those articles are talking revenue, dummy. We’ve already been through this. 

Even with the gains your Xbox Series L made in the US in the chip shortage months for PS5, the Series L is still in last place.

We've been through this multiple times and the Xbox Series L is last place in every Universe no matter the mental gymnastics you do you fucking retard :mj:

:drake: There is no region in the world and no alternate Universe where the Xbox Series L has outsold the PS5. Winning some months in the US when the PS5 was impossible to find is still an L in the overall scheme especially now that Sony has started ramping up shipments. Instead of being a retard here damage controlling  for this gameless console, you should be begging Phil for more games. From here on out the PS5 will continue to outsell the Xbox Series L as there's significantly way more demand for it and it has games people want to play and not a shitty rental service for broke bums who don't wanna buy games.

We warned you this would happen as soon as Sony fixes their chip shortage but your retarded ass wouldn't listen :mroff:

The PS5 is still 471,000+ units ahead in the US according to this old VGchartz article from the start of this month. The Series L was only able to close the gap by 406,000 units during the PS5 shortage. Now that the chip shortage is starting to end for Sony their gap in sales continues to widen in the US. Elsewhere in the world the Series L is getting murdered :will2:

VGChartzCapture.thumb.JPG.d6821c3025de6b9c5f1e486c02a222e3.JPG

VGChartz2Capture.thumb.JPG.0ec009d9bc4b5f7a7af37e984a96498d.JPG

12 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Even with the gains your Xbox Series L made in the US in the chip shortage months for PS5, the Series L is still in last place.

We've been through this multiple times and the Xbox Series L is last place in every Universe no matter the mental gymnastics you do you fucking retard :mj:

:drake: There is no region in the world and no alternate Universe where the Xbox Series L has outsold the PS5. Winning some months in the US when the PS5 was impossible to find is still an L in the overall scheme especially now that Sony has started ramping up shipments. Instead of being a retard here damage controlling  for this gameless console, you should be begging Phil for more games. From here on out the PS5 will continue to outsell the Xbox Series L as there's significantly way more demand for it and it has games people want to play and not a shitty rental service for broke bums who don't wanna buy games.

We warned you this would happen as soon as Sony fixes their chip shortage but your retarded ass wouldn't listen :mroff:

The PS5 is still 471,000+ units ahead in the US according to this old VGchartz article from the start of this month. The Series L was only able to close the gap by 406,000 units during the PS5 shortage. Now that the chip shortage is starting to end for Sony their gap in sales continues to widen in the US. Elsewhere in the world the Series L is getting murdered :will2:

VGChartzCapture.thumb.JPG.d6821c3025de6b9c5f1e486c02a222e3.JPG

VGChartz2Capture.thumb.JPG.0ec009d9bc4b5f7a7af37e984a96498d.JPG

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/454434/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-sales-comparison-in-the-us-june-2022/

In the last 12 months, the Xbox Series X|S has outsold PlayStation 5 by 406,340 units. The PlayStation 5 is currently ahead by 471,464 units.

the ps5 is ahead, but not this year. 

49 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Exactly the point I've been making throughout this thread you retard.

The PS5 is still ahead even with the gains the Series L made during the PS5 chip shortage.

The Series L is still in last place in the US  :drake:.

:mj: Who gives a fuck if it outsold the PS5 for some months of the year when it's still last place overall in the US and has lost the last 2 months?!

El6IgsmVkAANlDg.jpg.593c0f67ba85093c5932b92589ae2a17.jpg

12 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Exactly the point I've been making throughout this thread you retard.

18 hours ago, ghostz said:

In the last 12 months, the Xbox Series X|S has outsold PlayStation 5 by 406,340 units. 

15 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

In what Universe?

:umad:

Edited by ghostz