During the Digital Foundry Weekly Podcast, they literally say that the state of PCVR is so bad, that "Since Half-Life Alyx...the market produces shovelware."

GODDAMN:tom:

@33:04 - The thing about VR right now it's kind of a shame - since half-life alux, ... it's tough to make money in large budget VR games. This is the platform that's been flooded with basically VR shovelware .... it's just not being taken seriously anymore...

This is coming straight from John Linneman.

And he's actually saying that the Quest having had most of the VR success is a "bad thing" because its causing crappier lower-spec games.

Dude, not even I had resorted to using the term "shovelware"

And they went there.

"it feels like the mobile game space" :banderoos:

Damn. When I'm right........I'm right.

Edited by jehurey
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GODDAMN       This is coming straight from John Linneman.   And he's actually saying that the Quest having had most of the VR success is a "bad thing" because

you don't understand.   the eye tracking foveated rendering results in roughly 3x performance efficiency. That is coming straight from the people behind the Unity Engine, who already gave a

This fucking hypocrite   

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

VR is awful in its current form. Arrived 10 years too early 

…but, straight from John you said? The one who… said Elden Ring is best on Xbox? 

The 6 month butthurt continues.

Except in this case, all of them agree.

AND, multiple places already know the state of PCVR sucks ass.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They all agreed then, and they all agree now. 

as do I. ER was best on Xbox, and VR sucks. They don’t miss :banderoos:

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except they literally state that Half Life Alyx is the best VR game ever made........ and it's not even close.

So LOL.... the state of PCVR... is that it exclusively has the best VR game ever made. LOL

Thanks for posting that... dumbass :lawl: 

12 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Real talk @jehurey do you still have your oculus? I returned within 60 days. N64 level graphics :puke:

PSVR may be okay but will likely be forgotten just like the last one. And it’s tethered :puke:

Tethered in 2022.. that makes it trash right out of the gate :mj: 

PSVR2 is doomed for failure. It will have maybe 10 million sales.. after 2 years. It will be too small for companies to spend money on

the video is DEAD on though. Oculus is the worst video game experience I’ve ever had. It’s atrocious. 

i do think that’s the case for all vr tho. PS5’s vr will look like ps4 at best, because vr will always  be behind. There’s no way for it to ever win 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Tethered in 2022.. that makes it trash right out of the gate :mj: 

It sounds like the wireless ones have terrible battery life tho. I was talking to someone at work who plays VR party games with friends sometimes (passing around the headset) and he was complaining a lot about how the battery doesn't last long enough.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It sounds like the wireless ones have terrible battery life tho. I was talking to someone at work who plays VR party games with friends sometimes (passing around the headset) and he was complaining a lot about how the battery doesn't last long enough.

I mean the ps CONTROLLER lasts like 5 hrs. Imagine the headset.  7 mins lol

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

If you're playing hours on end, then yea it would be an issue... but you can literally just connect the headset and charge it while you use it.

I wouldn't be playing a VR game for longer than 4 hours without taking a break.  You can charge them quickly if you have a fast charger.

Its not the state of PCVR, its the state of VR period. VR is dead. PSVR2 will not help that. It will be the same as PSVR1. Nobody wants that shit, it will always be niche and nobody is going to make games for it. Im surprised Sony is even bothering with it again.

They wont survive together, they surely wont survive alone.

3 hours ago, ghostz said:

They all agreed then, and they all agree now. 

as do I. ER was best on Xbox, and VR sucks. They don’t miss :banderoos:

they all agreed back then, that the best Elden Ring is played on Playstation.

Anyways, we're not derailing the topic. This is about the sorry state of PCVR, which anybody can clearly see.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Except they literally state that Half Life Alyx is the best VR game ever made........ and it's not even close.

So LOL.... the state of PCVR... is that it exclusively has the best VR game ever made. LOL

Thanks for posting that... dumbass :lawl: 

You think you are owning me by them saying that the best PCVR game................was two years ago.

And that its been shovelware ever since?

:hest:

Idiot actually thought he could turn this around on me.

3 hours ago, ghostz said:

Real talk @jehurey do you still have your oculus? I returned within 60 days. N64 level graphics :puke:

PSVR may be okay but will likely be forgotten just like the last one. And it’s tethered :puke:

I bought it for $180 on black friday, and I discovered how to upload games from a nifty program.

so, purely as a thing to bring out at a party about once every 3-4 months, its fine. And if I want to mess around with my existing Skyrim or Fallout or any other PC game, I'd use it for messing around.

PSVR2 will have REAL GAMES developed by REAL DEVELOPERS.

Its honestly shocking how bad and amateurish PCVR and Qeust VR games have fallen...........like its exceeded my worst expectations.

Just now, jehurey said:

You think you are owning me by them saying that the best PCVR game................was two years ago.

I didn't say best PCVR game sweetie... I said best VR game period.

And yes... considering it's been longer since any Sony VR game :mj: 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

they all agreed back then, that the best Elden Ring is played on Playstation.

Anyways, we're not derailing the topic. This is about the sorry state of PCVR, which anybody can clearly see.

And that its been shovelware ever since?

:hest:

Idiot actually thought he could turn this around on me.

I bought it for $180 on black friday, and I discovered how to upload games from a nifty program.

so, purely as a thing to bring out at a party about once every 3-4 months, its fine. And if I want to mess around with my existing Skyrim or Fallout or any other PC game, I'd use it for messing around.

PSVR2 will have REAL GAMES developed by REAL DEVELOPERS.

Its honestly shocking how bad and amateurish PCVR and Qeust VR games have fallen...........like its exceeded my worst expectations.

That’s how it was for me. Fun to play at parties and show people beat saber and fruit ninja. But man is it trash. Like absolute fucking trash. You got farther than me tho and connected it to your pc, was it ever more than PS2 graphics? 

also, the best vr2 will achieve is ps4 graphics. Still too far behind to be immersive 

Edited by ghostz
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

PSVR2 is doomed for failure. It will have maybe 10 million sales.. after 2 years. It will be too small for companies to spend money on

the video is DEAD on though. Oculus is the worst video game experience I’ve ever had. It’s atrocious. 

i do think that’s the case for all vr tho. PS5’s vr will look like ps4 at best, because vr will always  be behind. There’s no way for it to ever win 

you don't understand.

the eye tracking foveated rendering results in roughly 3x performance efficiency. That is coming straight from the people behind the Unity Engine, who already gave a conference regarding the PSVR2 and their dev tools.

PSVR2 will have games that will look PS5 or near-PS5 graphics quality, at the necessary framerate 90Hz, in the headset. Because the eye-tracking is going to make it efficient in rendering the specific spot you are looking at, and saving processing power on the parts of the screen you're NOT looking directly at.

Its no surprise that Capcom added a message that VR modes will be available for RE4 Remake and RE8, because they don't have to mess their graphics for the VR mode.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I didn't say best PCVR game sweetie... I said best VR game period.

And yes... considering it's been longer since any Sony VR game :mj: 

It didn't even win Digital Foundry's Best Game of 2020 :tom::tom::tom:

Half Life Alyx was even listed in ANY MEMBER'S 2020 Best Game.................for fucking PC Gamer

Not one member of the entire PC gamer staff

Staff Picks

Emma Matthews: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (opens in new tab)
Fraser Brown: Cloudpunk (opens in new tab)
Rachel Watts: If Found...
Chris Livingston: Blaseball (opens in new tab)
Phil Savage: A Monster's Expedition (opens in new tab)
Robin Valentine: Deep Rock Galactic (opens in new tab)
Tim Clark: Destiny 2: Beyond Light (opens in new tab)
Jacob Ridley: Townscaper (opens in new tab)
Jorge Jimenez: Yakuza: Like a Dragon (opens in new tab)
James Davenport: Post Void (opens in new tab)
Evan Lahti: Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War/Warzone (opens in new tab)
Tyler Wilde: Disc Room (opens in new tab)
Wes Fenlon: Risk of Rain 2 (opens in new tab)
Alan Dexter: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (opens in new tab)
Jody MacGregor: Fort Triumph (opens in new tab)
Harry Shepherd: Before I Forget (opens in new tab)
Andy Kelly: Black Mesa (opens in new tab)
Steven Messer: Genshin Impact

:hest: this idiot is trying to use the phrase "Best VR game, ever" like as if it means something.

it doesn't. Astrobot has more GoTY awards than Half Life Alyx

• Haha 1