During the Digital Foundry Weekly Podcast, they literally say that the state of PCVR is so bad, that "Since Half-Life Alyx...the market produces shovelware."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GODDAMN       This is coming straight from John Linneman.   And he's actually saying that the Quest having had most of the VR success is a "bad thing" because

you don't understand.   the eye tracking foveated rendering results in roughly 3x performance efficiency. That is coming straight from the people behind the Unity Engine, who already gave a

This fucking hypocrite   

24 minutes ago, ghostz said:

That video looks 100000000x better than ANYTHING I played on it. I’d imagine if you have a capable pc there are better headsets out there tho, right? You ever fuck around with them? The problem they have AND I think PSVR2 will have is the market is too small tho .. and it will never beat stand-alone hardware.  Doomed imo 

Hello No.

For my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung was working with Oculus to create a headset shell, and I didn't buy it.

About 6 months later, that thing dropped to like $29, so I finally bought it. My Note 5 plugs into it.

Messed around with it for like a couple of hours and didn't touch it again.

Like I said, the only reason why I have this Oculus Quest 2 is because Walmart was clearing out the 64Gb versions for $200, and I got that discounted even more to about $180.

Who gives a shit that I don't have 256GB of space, the biggest game is the Medal of Honor game at 32GB, and that game is a piece of shit that isn't worth playing.

I spent $60 buying a third party head piece, because that strap is terrible. And it comes with a backup battery, which works as a counterweight

61htD2cGyVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I'll probably end up buying a 16ft link cable from a 3rd party, so that might cost me $30.

Worst case scenario, all of this will cost me $270. And I'm not paying a dime for games, if you know what I mean.

That even includes Half Life Alyx and other PCVR games. There's a FANTASTIC subreddit that guides you into getting a terrific Windows app that gets you just about every game that's available.

54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Hello No.

For my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung was working with Oculus to create a headset shell, and I didn't buy it.

About 6 months later, that thing dropped to like $29, so I finally bought it. My Note 5 plugs into it.

Messed around with it for like a couple of hours and didn't touch it again.

Like I said, the only reason why I have this Oculus Quest 2 is because Walmart was clearing out the 64Gb versions for $200, and I got that discounted even more to about $180.

Who gives a shit that I don't have 256GB of space, the biggest game is the Medal of Honor game at 32GB, and that game is a piece of shit that isn't worth playing.

I spent $60 buying a third party head piece, because that strap is terrible. And it comes with a backup battery, which works as a counterweight

61htD2cGyVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I'll probably end up buying a 16ft link cable from a 3rd party, so that might cost me $30.

Worst case scenario, all of this will cost me $270. And I'm not paying a dime for games, if you know what I mean.

That even includes Half Life Alyx and other PCVR games. There's a FANTASTIC subreddit that guides you into getting a terrific Windows app that gets you just about every game that's available.

But I KNOW you don’t play those games oculus has outside of the fun party game. Dude. They ALL sucks. Like the worst of worst video games. What do you use it for game wise? I love the idea, a stand alone headset, but It fucking sucks Lmao. 

56 minutes ago, jehurey said:

This fucking hypocrite :rofl: :lawl: 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

But I KNOW you don’t play those games oculus has outside of the fun party game. Dude. They ALL sucks. Like the worst of worst video games. What do you use it for game wise? I love the idea, a stand alone headset, but It fucking sucks Lmao. 

Does Jerry look like he plays games to you :cosby2: 

• dead 1
30 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I've completed Tetris Effect, the Batman game, which is short.

I've been meaning to try Saints and Sinners, I played it for a bit on the Quest 2, and it just looked way too shitty. So I downloaded the PCVR version to help improve it a bit.

I don't really want to play RE4 VR on the Quest, I would rather play a modded version of RE4 PC with somebody modding it for VR, and including the new hi-res textures that they completed a few months ago.

31 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, I'm not a hypocrite.

VR developers don't deserve to get paid for that shit.

So i don't pay them. Especially PCVR devs.

31 minutes ago, Remij said:

Does Jerry look like he plays games to you :cosby2: 

Yeah, I clearly do.

Especially VR games, which is why I'm giving people the ACCURATE state of the PC VR industry......and you aren't

You're either stupid........or you don't know the games and how shitty they currently are.

OR..........your shitty second-class PC can't run them:drake:

5 hours ago, Remij said:

The guy who bitches about piracy all the time steals PC games without remorse :rofls:

Accuses people of saying things they didnt and holds them to it but doesnt think he should be held to account for things he actually said.

Cries when people focus on a speckfic word or minor detail in his argument but he focuses in on a typo and goes full grammar Nazi.

We should keep a list of all the hypocrite bullshit he does. Sad thing is he isn't even aware enough to understand what a massive hypocrite fgt he is.

Oh and he lies about things he has said or done in the past too. Like hyping up Manhunt 2 and Medal of honor heroes 2.

Edited by TLHBO
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

The guy who bitches about piracy all the time steals PC games without remorse :rofls:

Accuses people of saying things they didnt and holds them to it but doesnt think he should be held to account for things he actually said.

Cries when people focus on a speckfic word or minor detail in his argument but he focuses in on a typo and goes full grammar Nazi.

We should keep a list of all the hypocrite bullshit he does. Sad thing is he isn't even aware enough to understand what a massive hypocrite fgt he is.

Oh and he lies about things he has said or done in the past too. Like hyping up Manhunt 2 and Medal of honor heroes 2.

Like I've said man... he's the BIGGEST fucking hypocrite that's ever been on this forum.

Brags about how good Playstation games are over PC or Xbox... yet his PS5 sits unused for months while games like Demon's Souls, GT7, Returnal and other PS exclusives like FF7R and TLOU2 go unplayed

Talks shit about the games other people are playing..... while he's playing Vampire Survivors, RE4HD mod, and fucking Xbox Cloud games on his smartphone

Claims Jon only bought a PS5 so he could trash it on here while attempting to have credibility....... and yet it's 110% obvious to everyone that he's literally done the same thing with the Quest 2, his new PC, and having a PS5 is so that he could attempt to speak with authority about how much better it is than PC...

Claims other people are pirates and talks shit about them.... meanwhile he's bragging about pirating PC and PCVR/Quest games...

That's just a tiny fraction of his bullshit too.  He cries about me constantly picking on him and calling him out with his profile... yet he was constantly hounding me about an old PSN account I have... and at one time he even demanded I give him my daughters Xbox Profile to prove that she was going to be playing Xbox games on Series X that I was going to buy for her. JFC... :tom:  He always demands other people's profiles to prove anything... and you know damn well that he's just butthurt because he doesn't have access to any of my gaming profiles because he'd be posting anything he possibly could if he did.  And I proved that by purposefully giving him my twitter account knowing full well that he's scour it looking for anything he could use against me.  And boy oh boy did he jump on that! :rofl: 

He's a massive clown and people are starting to call him out on his bullshit finally.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Like I've said man... he's the BIGGEST fucking hypocrite that's ever been on this forum.

Brags about how good Playstation games are over PC or Xbox... yet his PS5 sits unused for months while games like Demon's Souls, GT7, Returnal and other PS exclusives like FF7R and TLOU2 go unplayed

Talks shit about the games other people are playing..... while he's playing Vampire Survivors, RE4HD mod, and fucking Xbox Cloud games on his smartphone

Claims Jon only bought a PS5 so he could trash it on here while attempting to have credibility....... and yet it's 110% obvious to everyone that he's literally done the same thing with the Quest 2, his new PC, and having a PS5 is so that he could attempt to speak with authority about how much better it is than PC...

Claims other people are pirates and talks shit about them.... meanwhile he's bragging about pirating PC and PCVR/Quest games...

That's just a tiny fraction of his bullshit too.  He cries about me constantly picking on him and calling him out with his profile... yet he was constantly hounding me about an old PSN account I have... and at one time he even demanded I give him my daughters Xbox Profile to prove that she was going to be playing Xbox games on Series X that I was going to buy for her. JFC... :tom:  He always demands other people's profiles to prove anything... and you know damn well that he's just butthurt because he doesn't have access to any of my gaming profiles because he'd be posting anything he possibly could if he did.  And I proved that by purposefully giving him my twitter account knowing full well that he's scour it looking for anything he could use against me.  And boy oh boy did he jump on that! :rofl: 

He's a massive clown and people are starting to call him out on his bullshit finally.

Everybody knows all about his bullshit but nobody bothers to say anything because they can't be bothered riding the jerry-go-round for 40 pages.

That's another bullet point of hypocrisy we can add to the list, he rages about jonb getting personal (which is true) but then I've seen him stalk your Twitter and other peoples profiles too. Asking for someones daughters profile is downright creepy :cosby2: who the fuck does that?  this is how I know he's an autist IRL when he's getting so invested he's asking to stalk young girls profiles just to make sure they're playing what they're meant to be playing under his watch.

DF is 100% right. It's Facebook that is fucking up tbh. Oculus used to have a pretty respectable publishing operation. Known devs like Insomniac and Ready At Dawn made Oculus exclusives.

But with Quest 2 going standalone, they've done jack shit. The standalone Oculus games basically are mobile games, there's been no effort to get (as with a handheld console) real devs making games for the limit spec.

To make it even worse, Meta has completely neglected the PC tethered experience. The PC Oculus app is buggy and badly designed. In a lot of cases, the standalone and PC versions are separate purchases. And pass thru to Steam is also too messy for non-geek users. It's too annoying for me most of the time, and the main reason I haven't finished Alyx.

Pretty soon Valve is going to show a standalone PC VR headset using a similar AMD chip as the Deck. That could set VR back on track. I think PSVR2 will be good, but I'm not excited about a tethered system in 2023.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, jehurey said:

I've completed Tetris Effect, the Batman game, which is short.

I've been meaning to try Saints and Sinners, I played it for a bit on the Quest 2, and it just looked way too shitty. So I downloaded the PCVR version to help improve it a bit.

I don't really want to play RE4 VR on the Quest, I would rather play a modded version of RE4 PC with somebody modding it for VR, and including the new hi-res textures that they completed a few months ago.

Saints and Sinners is a must play VR game, you really need to play it more. Do it on PC and max out the visuals, you might not like the art style and the cell shaded textures though but it's a really great game with a full fledged campaign that deserves your attention. It's the ultimate zombie experience, once you start getting into the rhythm of things, you'll know what I mean. 

RE4 on Quest looks surprisingly good, very sharp image quality. It's totally playable. Also the gameplay transition into VR was smart, the weapons handling and everything was way better than I ever expected. A modded RE4 is never going to be as good unless they spend years on the controls and weapons. 

Holy shit look at the butthurt over here

On 2022-08-20 at 5:16 AM, TLHBO said:

I'm stealing from Zuckerberg.

You should be thanking me.

PC gamers however WHINE ABOUT NOT GETTING GAMES. And especially high quality AAA production games.

...........and then they pirate them.

I assure..................these games that I am pirating will NEVER be mistaken for professional quality games. These are fucking a step above a mod.

Like I said...........you should be thanking me.

On 2022-08-20 at 7:26 AM, Remij said:

Look at this fakeboy crying so badly over the weekend.

He's basically admitting that he does own a PS5 and is fakeboying again.

Talk about three years of all your arguments flying out the window:hest:

I never once asked about your daughter's XBox profile. Ever.

Show me the post.

On 2022-08-20 at 8:48 AM, TLHBO said:

Everybody knows all about his bullshit but nobody bothers to say anything because they can't be bothered riding the jerry-go-round for 40 pages.

That's another bullet point of hypocrisy we can add to the list, he rages about jonb getting personal (which is true) but then I've seen him stalk your Twitter and other peoples profiles too. Asking for someones daughters profile is downright creepy :cosby2: who the fuck does that?  this is how I know he's an autist IRL when he's getting so invested he's asking to stalk young girls profiles just to make sure they're playing what they're meant to be playing under his watch.

SO much butthurt you two made over the weekend.

LOL this guy just bought a lie from Lemij.......and is running with it.

On 2022-08-20 at 11:50 AM, sugarhigh said:

Pretty soon Valve is going to show a standalone PC VR headset using a similar AMD chip as the Deck. 

Day one. I'd sell my Quest 2.

On 2022-08-20 at 10:50 AM, sugarhigh said:

DF is 100% right. It's Facebook that is fucking up tbh. Oculus used to have a pretty respectable publishing operation. Known devs like Insomniac and Ready At Dawn made Oculus exclusives.

But with Quest 2 going standalone, they've done jack shit. The standalone Oculus games basically are mobile games, there's been no effort to get (as with a handheld console) real devs making games for the limit spec.

To make it even worse, Meta has completely neglected the PC tethered experience. The PC Oculus app is buggy and badly designed. In a lot of cases, the standalone and PC versions are separate purchases. And pass thru to Steam is also too messy for non-geek users. It's too annoying for me most of the time, and the main reason I haven't finished Alyx.

Pretty soon Valve is going to show a standalone PC VR headset using a similar AMD chip as the Deck. That could set VR back on track. I think PSVR2 will be good, but I'm not excited about a tethered system in 2023.

I don't know if I even trust Valve with putting Steam Deck level hardware.

I don't think they're going to want to allow the hardware to get that hot near your face, AND they'd have to put a fan, AND it would have to include a battery.

A handheld can get warm, low risk of anything bad happening to the user because you're holding it 3 feet away.

I don't think they want a warm processor near your face.

But this is Valve's fault as well. Meta at least BROKERS DEALS for people to develop games.

Valve just released their own game to serve as a demo...............and like everything else they've done, they did nothing afterwards.

March 2020, dude. Let that sink in. That's 2.5 years. PC VR games coming out now are absolute dogshit.

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Day one. I'd sell my Quest 2.

I don't think Valve sells any hardware at a loss

Then again, I don't think Facebook will sell the Oculus Quest 3 at such a loss as they did with the Oculus Quest 2.

So in other words, you'll probably be getting a $700 Valve headset that has mid-range mobile phone processing in it. And a cord to connect it to your PC, since that will be their BACKUP EXCUSE.

But as Digital Foundry said.............this is bad news for the PC VR space, Valve is basically saying "don't expect real AAA production VR games anytime soon."

Edited by jehurey
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

I don't know if I even trust Valve with putting Steam Deck level hardware.

I don't think they're going to want to allow the hardware to get that hot near your face, AND they'd have to put a fan, AND it would have to include a battery.

A handheld can get warm, low risk of anything bad happening to the user because you're holding it 3 feet away.

I don't think they want a warm processor near your face.

But this is Valve's fault as well. Meta at least BROKERS DEALS for people to develop games.

Valve just released their own game to serve as a demo...............and like everything else they've done, they did nothing afterwards.

anytime soon."

The leaks indicate most of the heat-producing parts will be behind the head, not in your face.

The Deckard is reportedly designed to play Alyx in standalone.