We NEED that apple console

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Apple would never make a proper game console. At best they would make a little box or Fire stick equivalent that lets you play iOS games on a TV. thats it.

Apple would make higher quality hardware than Sony, ms or Nintendo could ever dream of. It would all be developed in house and run on synchronized software. 

it’s just.. do they want to. That answer is sadly no

Edited by ghostz
53 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Apple would make higher quality hardware than Sony, ms or Nintendo could ever dream of. It would all be developed in house and run on synchronized software. 

it’s just.. do they want to. That answer is sadly no

Synchronised with what?

An apple console with an m2 (or m3) max chip :whew: but Apple isn’t great when it comes to games. Look at the App Store :dead:  

I think they have something solid with their Apple Arcade. It works well with the Apple TV +, music, arcade, and extra cloud storage bundle ($15 is a great price). 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

An apple console with an m2 (or m3) max chip :whew: but Apple isn’t great when it comes to games. Look at the App Store :dead:  

I think they have something solid with their Apple Arcade. It works well with the Apple TV +, music, arcade, and extra cloud storage bundle ($15 is a great price). 

I just don’t think they say the profit it in it so they don’t go after it aggressively 

I think Apple’s current position in the gaming market is sufficient enough to where they aren’t concerned with creating a traditional gaming console. They are making enough off gaming as it is so what’s the point?

With that said I wouldn’t mind seeing what they’d come up hardware wise. I believe it’d be expensive unless they toned down the quality to make it competitive, but at the end of the day Apple doesn’t make games so it’d be DOA in my opinion.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

I think Apple’s current position in the gaming market is sufficient enough to where they aren’t concerned with creating a traditional gaming console. They are making enough off gaming as it is so what’s the point?

With that said I wouldn’t mind seeing what they’d come up hardware wise. I believe it’d be expensive unless they toned down the quality to make it competitive, but at the end of the day Apple doesn’t make games so it’d be DOA in my opinion.

I agree, but they also didn’t make tv shows 5 years ago 

6 hours ago, ghostz said:

I agree, but they also didn’t make tv shows 5 years ago 

True, but these days it almost seems like video games, at least AAA, have bigger budgets than shows. Don't quote me on that, lol, because honestly I have no idea. Either way, it doesn't seem like Apple has any investment in video game development? I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, lynux3 said:

True, but these days it almost seems like video games, at least AAA, have bigger budgets than shows. Don't quote me on that, lol, because honestly I have no idea. Either way, it doesn't seem like Apple has any investment in video game development? I could be wrong.

Apple + shows cost more. For All Mankind averages 150 million a season, whereas God of War (2018) was 40 million.