The Last of Us Part 1(PS5) vs The Last of Us Remastered(PS4) comparison

Unbelievable improvement.  If anyone says there's barely any difference, they're blind. :umad: 

And I double checked, and yes the PS4 Remastered cutscenes are pre-rendered video... compared to PS5 real-time.  They re-rendered them all from scratch at 1080p 60fps

"Our cinematics are now running at 1080p and 60 fps, and that involved rendering them all from scratch," he said. "It's interesting that now [instead of a technical bottleneck], the bottleneck is 'can we fit all this on the disc?'"

Going to be so godly to experience this masterpiece again on PC in Ultrawide.  I never replayed the PS4 version to completion.  Gonna feel like a brand new experience :wow2: 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The review embargo ended in 2013. And again in 2014.

Unbelievable improvement.  If anyone says there's barely any difference, they're blind.     And I double checked, and yes the PS4 Remastered cutscenes are pre-rendered video... compared to P

Same homie  I finna let Sony milk me. 

oh wow, henry's face definitely looks like they reworked the entire thing, and its now a much more realistic performance. Very Harold Perrineau from Lost type of facial expression

The women look better in their facial expressions. And in one of those scenes, they really did make Joel age in a better way. He even has a little big of face sag that older people get.

LOL if ultrawide is anything like it is in Spiderman, it actually looks less cinematic.

If scenes are directed like a movie, they perform stage "blocking" for a reason, because its designed for a specific camera framing. Expect to see some characters standing at the edges in odd, unnatural ways during cutscenes.

Edited by jehurey

So from what I read initially is that the gameplay didn't improve, but I've seen that being contradicted by Naughty Dog a few times. I assume the gameplay was, at the very least, partially improved just not TLOU Part 2 level of improved?

19 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So from what I read initially is that the gameplay didn't improve, but I've seen that being contradicted by Naughty Dog a few times. I assume the gameplay was, at the very least, partially improved just not TLOU Part 2 level of improved?

i hope it doesn't have the odd thing that we saw videos back in 2013, where enemies just run past you, and then try to shot, and then they break off running again.

Remember those gifs?

And also, I remember criticizing the game back then because I felt that there was no satisfying final fight against clickers. It was just one final stretch of street and I believe a short sewer walkway, and there were just a few clickers there that weren't much trouble, and that level ended, and you were indoors in the final level against humans.

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Cows are so desperate for games they’re willing to replay a game with 2013 gameplay :whoa:

As if Mario has evolved since 2007 lol. Also rehash kart…a fucking wiiu Port :D  Lastly, the Switch is overclocked 2005 tech that can barely sustain 720p undocked. Sub 720 in 2022 :D  

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

As if Mario has evolved since 2007 lol. Also rehash kart…a fucking wiiu Port :D  Lastly, the Switch is overclocked 2005 tech that can barely sustain 720p undocked. Sub 720 in 2022 :D  

Say what you want, but Mario Odyssey compared to super Mario Galaxy

are completely different. This is a remaster, with identical (and outdated) gameplay as the original. Why would you ever play this over the second one, which has at least more modern gameplay. 

you won’t really ever find me hyping a remake. Would you watch a remake of avatar 1… or any movie that was released in the last 10 years? 

Edited by ghostz
8 hours ago, jehurey said:

oh wow, henry's face definitely looks like they reworked the entire thing, and its now a much more realistic performance. Very Harold Perrineau from Lost type of facial expression

The women look better in their facial expressions. And in one of those scenes, they really did make Joel age in a better way. He even has a little big of face sag that older people get.

LOL if ultrawide is anything like it is in Spiderman, it actually looks less cinematic.

If scenes are directed like a movie, they perform stage "blocking" for a reason, because its designed for a specific camera framing. Expect to see some characters standing at the edges in odd, unnatural ways during cutscenes.

No.  LOL.

Spider-man is MUCH better and more cinematic in ultrawide lmfao who the fuck you think you're kidding.  Not like you'd know anyway :drake:

It's not a hack implementation... they adjust FOV and alter camera angles.... and no... there's no random character standing where they shouldn't be...  its hilarious seeing you try to damage control your lack of ultrawide in your shitty gaming setup that you don't use LOL :tom:

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Say what you want, but Mario Odyssey compared to super Mario Galaxy

are completely different. This is a remaster, with identical (and outdated) gameplay as the original. Why would you ever play this over the second one, which has at least more modern gameplay. 

you won’t really ever find me hyping a remake. Would you watch a remake of avatar 1… or any movie that was released in the last 10 years? 

buh buh :cry:  odyssey was a dumbed down mario 64 with a bit of galaxy. i still enjoyed it, even though it was easy af.

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you nikkaz bought switch versions of your wiiu games. sit the fuck down :D

Which Switch remaster of Wiiu games did I purchase? :umad:

The Switch version of Wiiu games would be more akin to the PS4 remaster of last of us. 

This game (the PS5 version) is like if Switch 2 had a remaster of Switch games that were remasters of Wiiu games.

This is a remaster of a remaster. 

And for the record not sure why ghostz is quoting me as if we're saying the samething. 

I'll get this when it's on sale for 20 dollars down the road. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Which Switch remaster of Wiiu games did I purchase? :umad:

The Switch version of Wiiu games would be more akin to the PS4 remaster of last of us. 

This game (the PS5 version) is like if Switch 2 had a remaster of Switch games that were remasters of Wiiu games.

This is a remaster of a remaster. 

And for the record not sure why ghostz is quoting me as if we're saying the samething. 

I'll get this when it's on sale for 20 dollars down the road. 

not saying you in particular. i know a bunch of sheep who bought the switch versions of games they had purchased just a few years before. it's all good. many of us are guilty of double, even triple, dipping.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

No.  LOL.

Spider-man is MUCH better and more cinematic in ultrawide lmfao who the fuck you think you're kidding.  Not like you'd know anyway :drake:

It's not a hack implementation... they adjust FOV and alter camera angles.... and no... there's no random character standing where they shouldn't be...  its hilarious seeing you try to damage control your lack of ultrawide in your shitty gaming setup that you don't use LOL :tom:

LOL the fov is literally pulling the camera away, and results in a ridiculous stretching at the sides.

its not better, and definitely not more cinematic.