The Last of Us Part 1(PS5) vs The Last of Us Remastered(PS4) comparison

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL the fov is literally pulling the camera away, and results in a ridiculous stretching at the sides.

its not better, and definitely not more cinematic.

No, it's not LOL... they don't pull the camera away.. they adjust the FOV so that the camera remains where it needs to be to frame the image the same way, while providing all the extra view on the sides.  If they didn't adjust the FOV, then it would stretch the sides. :drake: 

LOL Jerky proving that he doesn't know shit :geese: 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The review embargo ended in 2013. And again in 2014.

Unbelievable improvement.  If anyone says there's barely any difference, they're blind.     And I double checked, and yes the PS4 Remastered cutscenes are pre-rendered video... compared to P

Same homie  I finna let Sony milk me. 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

No, it's not LOL... they don't pull the camera away.

yes it does.

dude you literally see the character get smaller in the middle of the screen.

you're the one who doesn't know shit.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

yes it does.

dude you literally see the character get smaller in the middle of the screen.

you're the one who doesn't know shit.

You're dumb as fuck :drake: 

Edited by Remij
4 hours ago, Remij said:

You're dumb as fuck :drake: 

No, I've actually messed seen what happens on screen when you change the fov slider.

and you would know this, as well (unless you lied about playing that game)

6 minutes ago, JonbX said:

It looks better but not 70 dollars better. Not PS5 better. No RT or anything?

It's one of my favorite PS games, so for me personally, this game with those visuals.. is worth the price.

But the only reason I'll be buying it again is because it's coming to PC.  It's not worth buying a PS5 for, unless you've never ever played the game in your life.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It's one of my favorite PS games, so for me personally, this game with those visuals.. is worth the price.

But the only reason I'll be buying it again is because it's coming to PC.  It's not worth buying a PS5 for, unless you've never ever played the game in your life.

I already played the 1st remaster. I dont think its the kind of game that warrants another play through. If they went full ps5 i might have but this does look pretty similar to the first remaster imo. Also im about 20 hours into TLOU2 rn.

Just now, JonbX said:

I already played the 1st remaster. I dont think its the kind of game that warrants another play through. If they went full ps5 i might have but this does look pretty similar to the first remaster imo. Also im about 20 hours into TLOU2 rn.

I feel like a complete remake would have likely messed up certain aspects of it.  It's always a risk when you do those types of things.  For me personally, a visual overhaul is perfect, not messing with any scenes or big changes/additions.

This is a side team project.. so it also helps them get their hands wet with the console, before taking on a new project.  If it had been the main Naughty Dog team themselves, then they probably would have done more with it.   But anyway, nobody is being forced to buy it lol.

What do you think of TLOU2 so far?

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I feel like a complete remake would have likely messed up certain aspects of it.  It's always a risk when you do those types of things.  For me personally, a visual overhaul is perfect, not messing with any scenes or big changes/additions.

This is a side team project.. so it also helps them get their hands wet with the console, before taking on a new project.  If it had been the main Naughty Dog team themselves, then they probably would have done more with it.   But anyway, nobody is being forced to buy it lol.

What do you think of TLOU2 so far?

They could have done more with the gameplay graphics, added RT, added a 120 mode, etc.

TLOU2, amazing so far. Only part i didnt like it where i am rn where they added like some 30 minute movie with Abby and her boyfriend in the aquarium. Her part kills the pacing a little bit. Outside of that its fantastic.

• Like 1
Just now, JonbX said:

They could have done more with the gameplay graphics, added RT, added a 120 mode, etc.

TLOU2, amazing so far. Only part i didnt like it where i am rn where they added like some 30 minute movie with Abby and her boyfriend in the aquarium. Her part kills the pacing a little bit. Outside of that its fantastic.

yeah, the shift to abby was jarring af. it was a boring hour, which was a stark contrast to the crazy events leading up to it. her section gets insanely good later on, though. the building section :wow2:

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

That's cool.  There's some good parts for sure, and I like the gameplay.. but a lot of story decisions rub me the wrong way.

Just now, -GD-X said:

yeah, the shift to abby was jarring af. it was a boring hour, which was a stark contrast to the crazy events leading up to it. her section gets insanely good later on, though. the building section :wow2:

Yeah it was jarring for sure. I think im almost done with that part though.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's cool.  There's some good parts for sure, and I like the gameplay.. but a lot of story decisions rub me the wrong way.

Im usually not to miffed about video game stories as i never expect to much from them, nor do i really remember much of them either. The game is pretty intense tho, and can be brutal AF at points. Thats what im enjoying about it so far. The gameplay is pretty good too. Luckily not too many planks of wood to move around .

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JonbX said:

Im usually not to miffed about video game stories as i never expect to much from them, nor do i really remember much of them either. The game is pretty intense tho, and can be brutal AF at points. Thats what im enjoying about it so far. The gameplay is pretty good too. Luckily not too many planks of wood to move around .

Yeah, the combat was definitely improved big time! I like how each character has their own style, based on weight, agility and strength. 

An awesome accessibility thing that I never even thought about is that with the Dualsense's haptic feedback, they play character dialog through the haptics along with the subtitles, which allows deaf players to feel the emphasis of the spoken words and how they're delivered.

FbFwxHCX0AAni4H?format=jpg&name=medium

That is SO fucking cool.  What a great use of that technology!

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1