Denuvo launching Switch emulation protection

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah because PC doesn't get drastically more games than the Switch every month.    Fucking sheep talking about games like they actually have them. But guys this year we got a new entry about

PC beggars     

Just now, Goukosan said:

So like I said..... Waiting :umad:

Next you're going to continue to beg for SMTV. 

And finally hope that Bayonetta 3 gets ported somehow. 

I'm playing a far better SRPG right now, so no. 

I'm getting a new SMT game tomorrow. Why would I beg for another one? Granted I would play SMTV over Soul Hacker 2 but I still want to try both so it's hardly an issue for me. I'm also probably gonna pick up P3 Portable and P5 Royal for PC by the end of the year too. I wouldn't mind at all if SMTV on PC come out late next-year. I'm quite loaded on the Atlus front at it is.

I've never said that. I'm aware Bayo 3 is gonna stay exclusive like it's predecessor. I'm not counting on that to happen at all and I don't give a shit about the game to boot at the moment. 

I literally wouldn't have time or intereste to play any of your shit even if I could get them.

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Someone tell the Sheep how DRM actually works :tom: There are countless examples where the paying customer ends up sod out of luck while pirates end up being the ones with the least problems.

It's going to be hilarious to see this fall flat. :hest: 

Someone tell Nintendo the best way to not have your console emulated is to make a powerful one that can't be emulated worth a damn :tom: 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I'm playing a far better SRPG right now, so no. 

I'm getting a new SMT game tomorrow. Why would I beg for another one? Granted I would play SMTV over Soul Hacker 2 but I still want to try both so it's hardly an issue for me. I'm also probably gonna pick up P3 Portable and P5 Royal for PC by the end of the year too. I wouldn't mind at all if SMTV on PC come out late next-year. I'm quite loaded on the Atlus front at it is.

I've never said that. I'm aware Bayo 3 is gonna stay exclusive like it's predecessor. I'm not counting on that to happen at all and I don't give a shit about the game to boot at the moment. 

I literally wouldn't have time or intereste to play any of your shit even if I could get them.

What better SRPG are you playing? :jonb:

Soul Hackers 2 is a cute spinoff. 

You're well aware NOW that Bayonetta 3 is Nintendo exclusive,  but before it was announced you were pretty sure it was going to be multi.... Now those hopes and dreams are crushed :feelsbadman:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

What better SRPG are you playing? :jonb:

Soul Hackers 2 is a cute spinoff. 

You're well aware NOW that Bayonetta 3 is Nintendo exclusive,  but before it was announced you were pretty sure it was going to be multi.... Now those hopes and dreams are crushed :feelsbadman:

Expeditions: Rome. I know, I know but trust me it's quite the surprisingly awesome game. I'm 38 hours in and haven't been this hooked on a SRPG in a very long time. I think it's only on PC for now. I wouldn't know for certain though.

I don't care that it's a spin off. As long as it's turn based I'll be there. To me an actual spin off that feels completely different and doesn't hold the same appeal would be Persona 5 Strikers. I'll see soon enough how Soul Hackers 2 stacked up to other SMT games.

I don't remember that at all but I do believe you. :D Wonderful 101 did become multiplat a gen later though which I never expected to see. I guess that one didn't have the same kind of obligations than Bayo 2 and Astral Chain. Maybe they bought back the rights to self publish it though. 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Expeditions: Rome. I know, I know but trust me it's quite the surprisingly awesome game. I'm 38 hours in and haven't been this hooked on a SRPG in a very long time. I think it's only on PC for now. I wouldn't know for certain though.

I don't care that it's a spin off. As long as it's turn based I'll be there. To me an actual spin off that feels completely different and doesn't hold the same appeal would be Persona 5 Strikers. I'll see soon enough how Soul Hackers 2 stacked up to other SMT games.

I don't remember that at all but I do believe you. :D Wonderful 101 did become multiplat a gen later though which I never expected to see. I guess that one didn't have the same kind of obligations than Bayo 2 and Astral Chain. Maybe they bought back the rights to self publish it though. 

Bayonetta ultimately belongs to Sega.   After the Nintendo partnership ends who knows where the future games go. 

Astral Chain is a Nintendo IP.   It's up to Nintendo if they want to sell it back to platinum like they did with W101. 

But I doubt they will give up the Astral Chain IP as the first game was successful unlike W101 that bombed at retail. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Bayonetta ultimately belongs to Sega.   After the Nintendo partnership ends who knows where the future games go. 

Astral Chain is a Nintendo IP.   It's up to Nintendo if they want to sell it back to platinum like they did with W101. 

But I doubt they will give up the Astral Chain IP as the first game was successful unlike W101 that bombed at retail. 

I thought Nintendo bought the rights from Sega. I had no idea they were still holding on to anything. 

Wait, so W101 was a Nintendo license but they willingly sold it back to PG? That's awesome. 

Yeah, Astral Chain sold quite well for what it was. PG probably couldn't even afford it even if they wanted to. I imagine they let go of W101 for very little. Not like they had people lining up to buy the IP from them.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

The games will still work on Switch, 

I hope you're right, Denuvo has caused issues in the past with stability and performance. 

I think this will do more harm than good for Nintendo players. And I doubt PC emulation is costing them that many Switch sales.

Just now, Substatic said:

I hope you're right, Denuvo has caused issues in the past with stability and performance. 

I think this will do more harm than good for Nintendo players. And I doubt PC emulation is costing them that many Switch sales.

Nintendo is not the one implementing this.   This is Middleware for 3rd party devs that chose to use it. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Nintendo is not the one implementing this.   This is Middleware for 3rd party devs that chose to use it. 

Yeah.

I wonder if Nintendo will make use of it though, if it's proven effective.

The biggest thing for them is that an entire generation of Switch hardware was easily hack-able, and you have tons of pirates downloading those games to play them on their consoles... and not only that of course, but the games are now emulated day 1 on PC.. for the most part.

There's no longer a lead time of months or years... this can be affecting sales from Day 1.  So if Denuvo can buy them some time like it does on PC... then they'll probably be happy with that.  But make no mistake... they will continue to be emulated on PC and pirated on console.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah.

I wonder if Nintendo will make use of it though, if it's proven effective.

The biggest thing for them is that an entire generation of Switch hardware was easily hack-able, and you have tons of pirates downloading those games to play them on their consoles... and not only that of course, but the games are now emulated day 1 on PC.. for the most part.

There's no longer a lead time of months or years... this can be affecting sales from Day 1.  So if Denuvo can buy them some time like it does on PC... then they'll probably be happy with that.  But make no mistake... they will continue to be emulated on PC and pirated on console.

The OG Switch only got hacked because of an Nvidia leak..

Switch 2 will be fine. 

Holy shit............are seeing the people who hide behind PC performing the most textbook example "The Lady Doth Protest Too Much" I've seen on this forum.

The moment you tell them that they won't get Switch games.......

one of these losers is basically telling us "Oh YEAH............Don't underestimate the DESPERATION OF HERMITS TO HACK TO GET GAMES!!!!!!!"

:hest:Like he said it as if he was boasting.

while another is trying to trash Switch games way too much.

And he's also the person who was excited for getting a port of a 4.0 scoring NMH3:tom::tom::tom:

• NPC 1
1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

Anyone cheering this on is psychotic.

Literally cheering for added DRM to come to their console, so a few hermit pirates don't post videos of their games running at 4K 60fps :kaz: