Immortality GS review - 8.0 (official thread)

Just now, Twinblade said:

the game got me good

Reveal hidden contents

when the glimpse of that woman in black and white just suddenly pops up on the screen while you're rewinding a scene :D i can start to see where the horror elements come into play

same :D pretty clever stuff! they have other neat touches too.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got that plat. I had screwed up on one of the subverted clips that had like three or four secrets clips within. It was the damn talk show one. Anyhow, my OCD got the best of me lol. I’m glad I was abl

Really cool to read your convos as you were playing! The way the game's story unravels and at the same time just remains so mysterious is truly so so cool. At first you're just like 'what am I even do

This game is out there! It’s like David Lynch: The Game. I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on lol, but I get these glimpses of darkness that Just keep me going. I wish I could play more

On 2022-08-30 at 11:23 AM, Ramza said:

Who the fuck wants to play a FMV game in 2022? You guys started smoking crack or something? 

hint, hint: because its day-one on gamepass.

these same lemmings..........the same exact people, were making fun of me for playing the PREVIOUS game from the same exact guy who made this game, earlier this year.

but now since his new game is day-one on gamepass, they're hyped for it.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Immortality GS review - 8.0 (official thread)
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

BTW, this game is coming to netflix's iOS game library soon. So anyone with a netflix sub will be able to play it.

Damn, go Netflix. This is so much better than that black mirror experiment. I’m still finding so many unusual clues. One clip was fucking brilliant. When I put it in reverse, it gave me legit chills. It was an effect I hadn’t seen before. These devs love the art of cinema and fucking with the viewer/player. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Apparently, there’s a second ending, which is tougher to get. I imagine that will explain more. I have about 60% of the achievements. I can’t imagine it taking more than a few more hours to unlock it all.

interesting. i wonder if its like zero escape where you have to go through different smaller endings before unlocking the main one.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

interesting. i wonder if its like zero escape where you have to go through different smaller endings before unlocking the main one.

Yeah, the main one involves

Spoiler

The mysterious woman you see when you rewind. 

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, the main one involves

Reveal hidden contents

The mysterious woman you see when you rewind. 

Damn I just realized

Spoiler

When you hear that ominous musical note, if you rewind/fast forward you get an altered scene that includes that creepy lady

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Damn I just realized

Hide contents

When you hear that ominous musical note, if you rewind/fast forward you get an altered scene that includes that creepy lady

yup! that was one of the cool surprises i was talking about. it gave me chills. very well done!

• Like 1

I think I’m at the point of diminishing returns. I can’t seem to find the last few pieces for two of the three films (collecting each one nets an achievement). Also, it looks like the original ending is the main ending. The death of one of the actors was one of the major mysteries I wanted solved, and I did so as a separate achievement. As for the “horror” element, I just can’t seem to solve it. I don’t want to start dreading having to play/rewind clips I’ve already seen to find it. I give the game an 8/10. It’s brilliant and original, however, I would have liked it to be a little easier (or have more focus) to uncover the game’s supernatural mystery. 

edit: I ended up with 20/27 achievements. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I think I’m at the point of diminishing returns. I can’t seem to find the last few pieces for two of the three films (collecting each one nets an achievement). Also, it looks like the original ending is the main ending. The death of one of the actors was one of the major mysteries I wanted solved, and I did so as a separate achievement. As for the “horror” element, I just can’t seem to solve it. I don’t want to start dreading having to play/rewind clips I’ve already seen to find it. I give the game an 8/10. It’s brilliant and original, however, I would have liked it to be a little easier (or have more focus) to uncover the game’s supernatural mystery. 

edit: I ended up with 20/27 achievements. 

yeah i see what you mean. im starting to get to the point where im rewatching a lot of the same clips to try and discover new ones.

I said the same thing with The Quarry but its also applicable to this game, and thats the need for a Zero Escape/Somnium Files style flowchart that organizes all the scenes and plot threads to give you an idea of what you missed and where to go next. That should be mandatory when designing this kind of game.

• Like 1
On 2022-08-31 at 9:21 PM, -GD-X said:

Damn, go Netflix. This is so much better than that black mirror experiment. I’m still finding so many unusual clues. One clip was fucking brilliant. When I put it in reverse, it gave me legit chills. It was an effect I hadn’t seen before. These devs love the art of cinema and fucking with the viewer/player. 

I still do not know why there wasn't a bigger into FMV interactive games after this big noise that Japanese game made on the Wii way back in 2008.

428 Shibuya Scramble.

Sam Barlow is getting better with each one of his releases.

Netflix could absolutely finance alot of these, and they would actually get more replayability  for years.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

I still do not know why there wasn't a bigger into FMV interactive games after this big noise that Japanese game made on the Wii way back in 2008.

428 Shibuya Scramble.

Sam Barlow is getting better with each one of his releases.

Netflix could absolutely finance alot of these, and they would actually get more replayability  for years.

Yeah, this was a very ambitious title. It had a neat spin on an old formula, and the writing/acting/atmosphere felt like a love letter to the cinephile. I’m definitely looking forward to his next project! 

Spoiler

I dont know if Alec Baldwin plays video games, but if he does he might want to skip this one :mjpls: that scene was satisfying as it answered a few questions I had

I've been playing for a while but I only have 12 achievements so I think I still have a ways to go.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I dont know if Alec Baldwin plays video games, but if he does he might want to skip this one :mjpls: that scene was satisfying as it answered a few questions I had

I've been playing for a while but I only have 12 achievements so I think I still have a ways to go.

LMFAO!!!!! that was one of the mysteries i wanted solved. i thought the same thing when i watched the scene unfold :D

• Haha 1