Immortality GS review - 8.0 (official thread)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got that plat. I had screwed up on one of the subverted clips that had like three or four secrets clips within. It was the damn talk show one. Anyhow, my OCD got the best of me lol. I’m glad I was abl

Really cool to read your convos as you were playing! The way the game's story unravels and at the same time just remains so mysterious is truly so so cool. At first you're just like 'what am I even do

This game is out there! It’s like David Lynch: The Game. I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on lol, but I get these glimpses of darkness that Just keep me going. I wish I could play more

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

people on resetera are seeing credits after less than 150 scenes. I've seen nearly 200 scenes and still no credits. This game's progression is a real head scratcher.

Yeah, the credits came on during the most random time. This game would be a perfect 10 if it had a flow chart and a way to let the player know when a mystery remains unsolved in a particular clip. 

I unlocked all of the hidden scenes (some are kubrick/shining level of haunting imagery), but the achievement is apparently broken. Still, they fleshed out the story in fantastic ways. My score for the game is now a 8.75. I would have rated it higher, except the game needs a better flowchart. Also, too many repeats with the hidden scenes. On a narrative level, though, this game is unlike anything else I’ve experienced. I can’t wait for Sam’s next title! 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I unlocked all of the hidden scenes (some are kubrick/shining level of haunting imagery), but the achievement is apparently broken. Still, they fleshed out the story in fantastic ways. My score for the game is now a 8.75. I would have rated it higher, except the game needs a better flowchart. Also, too many repeats with the hidden scenes. On a narrative level, though, this game is unlike anything else I’ve experienced. I can’t wait for Sam’s next title! 

Its a 8 for me. I have like 3 or 4 scenes left but im too annoyed to try and find them. Im just gonna watch what I missed on youtube.

• Upvote 1

Really cool to read your convos as you were playing! The way the game's story unravels and at the same time just remains so mysterious is truly so so cool. At first you're just like 'what am I even doing' then you get your first little moments of 'wtf was that' and then a major 'WTF'. Some truly creepy scenes, 

I started and rolled credits within 2 play sessions and I was still fairly confused when I got credits. Had to go and read some people's story run down on reddit. It is truly one of the most unique ways to tell a story I have ever seen in a game. 

Think I'll have another sesh of going back and finding more stuff but will prob use a guide. Thanks for the scene hints GD, I'll check em out.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Really cool to read your convos as you were playing! The way the game's story unravels and at the same time just remains so mysterious is truly so so cool. At first you're just like 'what am I even doing' then you get your first little moments of 'wtf was that' and then a major 'WTF'. Some truly creepy scenes, 

I started and rolled credits within 2 play sessions and I was still fairly confused when I got credits. Had to go and read some people's story run down on reddit. It is truly one of the most unique ways to tell a story I have ever seen in a game. 

Think I'll have another sesh of going back and finding more stuff but will prob use a guide. Thanks for the scene hints GD, I'll check em out.

Anytime, homie! I found unlocking the achievements gave me a better understanding of the main story and every side arc. But yeah, it was fun chatting with tb about the experience as it all unfolded. 

• Like 1

So they patched the alternative reality achievement. It’s cool that they got rid of all of the repetitive scenes too (would have shaved a good hour of two from hunting for the subverted clips) . I need an updated guide, though. Apparently, a new scene was added (should have been there at launch), but I can’t find it.