TLOU remake flops at GS

there needs to be some kind of unwritten rule amongst editorial sites where full priced graphical uplifts of older games should not be scored as high as the original releases. It just seems unfair for this game to get AAA scores all over again and end up taking up slots on the highest scoring game lists (like on MC) drawing attention away from new games that were built from the ground up.

i agree 100% with the review. i was under the impression that the gameplay would be tweaked to feel more like the second game. then again, 2's excellent level design was a key factor (much like how f.e.a.r.'s level design elevated its gameplay). all valid criticisms. i'll check this out when it inevitably drops on psn(insert name by then).

bottom line: TCHBR!

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

there needs to be some kind of unwritten rule amongst editorial sites where full priced graphical uplifts of older games should not be scored as high as the original releases. It just seems unfair for this game to get AAA scores all over again and end up taking up slots on the highest scoring game lists (like on MC) drawing attention away from new games that were built from the ground up.

They even raised the price :tom:

• dead 1

This is out already? Lol, I really don't give a fuck, personally. Great game but this is the type of game I play once, finish and never touch again. 

I'm starting to think this remake only exist because they wanted to bring the first game to PC but thought the PS3 graphics wouldn't impress PC gamers. It's actually the only logical reason why we're getting a remake so soon. I expect TLOU2 to follow on PC a year after or something. 

I know it's not out on PC yet. Which makes me think that we won't see day-to-day one releases on Playstation console and PC anytime soon. They could have easily released this on PC day one but they chose to play the timed exclusive card instead, even if it was announced to be coming to PC from the get go. They say the PC version is still in development but I don't buy it, unless it's outsourced to another studio. 

19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This is out already? Lol, I really don't give a fuck, personally. Great game but this is the type of game I play once, finish and never touch again. 

I'm starting to think this remake only exist because they wanted to bring the first game to PC but thought the PS3 graphics wouldn't impress PC gamers. It's actually the only logical reason why we're getting a remake so soon. I expect TLOU2 to follow on PC a year after or something. 

I know it's not out on PC yet. Which makes me think that we won't see day-to-day one releases on Playstation console and PC anytime soon. They could have easily released this on PC day one but they chose to play the timed exclusive card instead, even if it was announced to be coming to PC from the get go. They say the PC version is still in development but I don't buy it, unless it's outsourced to another studio. 

There's lots of reasons why they're doing it.  There's the TV series coming shortly, which they expect to expand the audience of the franchise and have some of those people buy and play the games.  They probably felt the original PS3 version of the first game was too dated looking to get people really interested.. and having a brand new PS5 title for $70 that they can sell to people instead of a cheap old PS4 remaster copy makes them more money.  Then of course there's the fact that the game is also coming out on PC.. a brand new platform for the series.  Again, having a better, new and fresh, version of the game would likely help sales.  TLOU P2 will follow at some point of course....

And then all of that works towards the goal of driving interest in the multiplayer TLOU Factions game which is coming shortly as well.  This game has a higher chance to release on both PS5 and PC simultaneously, and could have a battle royale aspect to the game, which could drive massive numbers.

• Upvote 1

I feel like GS is sticking to an 8 just because of the controversy the first time and realize it would look dumb to give the same game anything higher. I feel like if it released for the first time today it would definitely be a 9/10 for GS just on the woke points alone.