Holy shit, it's been 17 years that I've "known" you guys.

Fuck all of you. :|

Nah, j/k I think it's incredible that I've known some of you for so long. You are like that dysfunctional family.

We have that guy that likes trannys like Aza.

The guy that has sucked cock before like Kokujin

The suave rico guy that now collects bodies in his apartment like *censored* :disco:

Some other guys have gone and done their own things, and sadly some others have passed away.

I am surprised this place is still online too.

• aitch 2
26 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I joined in 2006, I was in my early 20s then. I turned 39 today and I'm still here.

WTF...

We joined the same year. I never posted anywhere else except sidescrollers.net, systemwars2.com and Gamespot original SW forum (only for a short time).

I dunno but other forums are just shit, there's no freedom of expression or it's just a hivemind echo chamber like Neogaf back in the days. Here I can trash anything I want and it's normal, almost expected. 

Systemwars is freedom. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

We joined the same year. I never posted anywhere else except sidescrollers.net, systemwars2.com and Gamespot original SW forum (only for a short time).

I dunno but other forums are just shit, there's no freedom of expression or it's just a hivemind echo chamber like Neogaf back in the days. Here I can trash anything I want and it's normal, almost expected. 

Systemwars is freedom. 

I was on GameFAQs before I found out about SystemWars.  I knew about the original SW Gamespot forum, but didn't really post there.  Hell I knew about this forum and just lurked for a while before ever posting.

I posted on and do continue to post on many forums though.  Sometimes it's hard and you have to bite your tongue lol.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I was on GameFAQs before I found out about SystemWars.  I knew about the original SW Gamespot forum, but didn't really post there.  Hell I knew about this forum and just lurked for a while before ever posting.

I posted on and do continue to post on many forums though.  Sometimes it's hard and you have to bite your tongue lol.

I don't remember the year you came in. Must have been pretty late. You probably missed when this forum was an absolute slaughter house, I swear this pace was very active and people talked way more trash backed then. E3 2006 was so fucking fun. Lmfao, 599$ US dollars, TCHBFR.

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't remember the year you came in. Must have been pretty late. You probably missed when this forum was an absolute slaughter house, I swear this pace was very active and people talked way more trash backed then. E3 2006 was so fucking fun. Lmfao, 599$ US dollars, TCHBFR.

I came in 2007 lol.  I was here in 2006 already... just lurking though, I never made an account until after.  I knew what I was getting into lol

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

E3 06 was an absolute riot on GS SW. I can't imagine how crazy it must have been here :D 

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

E3 06 was an absolute riot on GS SW. I can't imagine how crazy it must have been here :D 

It was wild. Way more active users. Threads were getting made constantly, a thread would get made and within like 5 minutes that thread would be gone from the front page and buried deep on the second or third page. Shit talking was overflowing all over the place. Dudes would be arguing with each other within like 12 different threads all at once. You basically had to use multiple tabs to even keep up with it all, it was like the goddamn Wild West up in this place.

My favorite thing though is the memes from that year. I still remember all the gifs, I always chuckle when I think about the Arnold one. It was the gif shitting on the PS3. It showed Tekken then Arnold would smile. It showed another game and Arnold would smile. Another game, another smile. Each game would build Arnold's excitement until finally the PS3 price was shown. Arnold completely fuckin' stone faces the $599 price tag. 

• Haha 2

I joined in 2004, I remember everyone playing about GTA San Andreas but it wasn't released in Europe until a few days later I think but the hype was unreal so the short wait was excrutiating.

Social media killed forums for sure I remember checking out gs sw and even thats dead now. A lot of the internet kind of died and now its all centered around twittee, reddit, facebook etc theres only the odd forum that flourishes like Resetera and but thats astroturded to hell.

I think the most epic time of systemwars has to be Zelda TP. That hype was insane. I still remember randomly waking up in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep, and I turn on the computer (back when you had to go on a PC to go online) and I saw the score and I had to do a double take thinking it was a glitch :D I come onto systemwars and there was nothing, this must have literally just gone up. So I got to see the whole roast and I've never seen this place melt down like that fuck it was furious :deadest: Sheep couldn't catch a break.

• Haha 1

This place has so much history that it buried within the archive.

I think I joined in late 2005, when the PSP had just launched and people were shifting into handhelds.

Before that, I was on gamefaqs, and also participated in Gamespot's Lithium forums, with their systemwars sub-forum.

That place was absolutely ruthless, people were getting into arguments about anything and I think the whole faction thing started over there.

Then Javier created a new forum and several GSers moved over here.

There were so many moments here, like Eternity getting owned, Shailmankad's posts, diplomat creating his Chad alias, jonb's Saint Rows vs threads, the 8.8 fiasco and the sheep's meltdown, Halo 2 getting GOTY over Half Life 2 and the hermits exploding over this, MGS3 flopping at GS, the first Killzone flopping and the memes that appeared from that, that fat poster who was drunk one day and posted a picture of himself drinking with his sister and his huge pet rat, someone leaking Cellan's pepperoni tits, Xelle's huge nose, the romance between jammz and rpgfreak I think.

24 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

This place has so much history that it buried within the archive.

I think I joined in late 2005, when the PSP had just launched and people were shifting into handhelds.

Before that, I was on gamefaqs, and also participated in Gamespot's Lithium forums, with their systemwars sub-forum.

That place was absolutely ruthless, people were getting into arguments about anything and I think the whole faction thing started over there.

Then Javier created a new forum and several GSers moved over here.

There were so many moments here, like Eternity getting owned, Shailmankad's posts, diplomat creating his Chad alias, jonb's Saint Rows vs threads, the 8.8 fiasco and the sheep's meltdown, Halo 2 getting GOTY over Half Life 2 and the hermits exploding over this, MGS3 flopping at GS, the first Killzone flopping and the memes that appeared from that, that fat poster who was drunk one day and posted a picture of himself drinking with his sister and his huge pet rat, someone leaking Cellan's pepperoni tits, Xelle's huge nose, the romance between jammz and rpgfreak I think.

Let me correct you there lemshit :rub:

Halo 2 did not beat Half-Life 2 for GOTY. World of Warcraft won GOTY that year and in fact Halo 2 was nominated for "biggest disappointment". Halo 2 couldn't even win Xflop GOTY - that went to Burnout 3.

I remember when they leaked the score early and it was a 9.1 and after an uproar it disappeared and came back later as a 9.4. Halo 2 was a flop.

Edited by TLHBO