Plague Tale Requiem (PC) is $41 @ GMG

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Plague Tale Requiem (PC) is $41 @ GMG

Some sites previewed the game recently and their impressions left me a bit worried. It seems that there’s some jankiness and bugs with the combat/stealth. I personally don’t mind too much as the core gameplay is the least important part of the game for me, but I think it might get lower than expected scores which will limit its sales potential.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Some sites previewed the game recently and their impressions left me a bit worried. It seems that there’s some jankiness and bugs with the combat/stealth. I personally don’t mind too much as the core gameplay is the least important part of the game for me, but I think it might get lower than expected scores which will limit its sales potential.

They have one job - give us more of the same, but prettier. Let’s hope the previews are exaggerating.

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

They have one job - give us more of the same, but prettier. Let’s hope the previews are exaggerating.

The game went gold last month which is 2 months before launch. Im guessing they're now working on a sizeable day 1 patch that will hopefully fix a lot of the issues.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The game went gold last month which is 2 months before launch. Im guessing they're now working on a sizeable day 1 patch that will hopefully fix a lot of the issues.

I have read numerous glowing previews and one questionable one (eurogamer). I’m hoping the chapters they demo’d (6/7 I believe)  play much better once you’ve adapted to the gameplay loop. The first title had a few “eh” parts too. So, I still have high hopes. 

52 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I have read numerous glowing previews and one questionable one (eurogamer). I’m hoping the chapters they demo’d (6/7 I believe)  play much better once you’ve adapted to the gameplay loop. The first title had a few “eh” parts too. So, I still have high hopes. 

The Gamespot preview was probably the most negative one. The guy ran into numerous progress halting bugs that forced him to restart sections multiple times.

• dead 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The Gamespot preview was probably the most negative one. The guy ran into numerous progress halting bugs that forced him to restart sections multiple times.

fuck....

well, there will always be patches. i'm willing to wait if the bugs truly fuck up the experience.

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

fuck....

well, there will always be patches. i'm willing to wait if the bugs truly fuck up the experience.

it’s weird, I’ve been looking at other previews and they don’t mention issues like what the GS dude mentioned. Maybe he just got unlucky and the game will be stable for the majority of players.

Just now, Twinblade said:

it’s weird, I’ve been looking at other previews and they don’t mention issues like what the GS dude mentioned. Maybe he just got unlucky and the game will be stable for the majority of players.

yeah, ign and windows central loved it.

• Like 1