Social media is destroying children's lives

6 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

As someone who knows quite a few "theys" and is lazy, it's not as dramatic as bigots make it out to be. In fact youll realize you probably wont be addressing someone by their pronouns anyway and most people aren't offended by it as an accident. Most times its only an issue when someone is purposely using pronouns for a reaction. 

I don't care, I'm not doing it. ''They'' means multiple people and I'm not going to use it as a singular to please someone's else weak mental sensitivities. You can fuck off. I'll try not to misgender a trans (sometime it's not that obvious) but that's where I draw the line, if your pronoun is anything but he or she you can fuck right off, I'm not going to encourage this charade further in any way and I don't care about your feelings.

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

I hope your kid is trans and wants to chop off their genitals and you are suuuuuuper supportive of their wishes instead of actually getting them some therapy for their body dysmorphia. 

I'm sure that's usually the first step and people don't run out to get their kids a life altering surgery on a whim. I'll wager these people care more about their kids than you pretend to just so you can complain about trans people while feeling like a good and reasonable person about it. 

You and Ramza keep talking about common sense while only assuming the worst about people and making exaggerates claims. The video you linked noted that the LGBTQ population has been doubling since WW2. Is it all tik tok and twitter to blame for that? 

16 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm sure that's usually the first step and people don't run out to get their kids a life altering surgery on a whim. I'll wager these people care more about their kids than you pretend to just so you can complain about trans people while feeling like a good and reasonable person about it. 

You and Ramza keep talking about common sense while only assuming the worst about people and making exaggerates claims. The video you linked noted that the LGBTQ population has been doubling since WW2. Is it all tik tok and twitter to blame for that? 

There's a big difference between doubling 1% to 2% and 10% to 20%.

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

When numbers continually double, eventually that's what happens. It's math. 1%-2%-4%-8%-16%-32%. It's simple ass math. Also society has changed a bit between 1945 and 2020. Also LGBTQ is a spectrum in which straight is an extreme. 

Aren't you supposedly gay irl?

Unless you have just been pretending since people in here were continually calling you gay because they didn't like you and you were so desperate for attention you just decided to "come out." 

That sounds ridiculous but at the same time that's pretty much what you're accusing masses of other people of, so maybe it's projection? I mean you complain about queer people more than anyone else here. Then again you could just be the self hating gay guy people have been calling you for years now. None of these options are a good look. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Aren't you gay? :fag:

If being gay is natural and you're born gay as then those people were gay to begin with before social media just like yourself. 

Or are you implying that social media led to the increase in the LGBTQ community.. Which would imply that's its a lifestyle choice

You anti gay, gay man you :umad:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Aren't you gay? :fag:

If being gay is natural and you're born gay as then those people were gay to begin with before social media just like yourself. 

Or are you implying that social media led to the increase in the LGBTQ community.. Which would imply that's its a lifestyle choice

You anti gay, gay man you :umad:

I think there's naturally gay and nurtured gay. It's probably a spectrum. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Stupid person who keeps making stupid points has a stupid opinion. 

You're not very bright are ya Remy?

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2010/nature-vs-nurture-the-biology-of-sexuality/

It's not so black and white. If it were purely genetic then if one identical sibling is gay the other should also be gay. Not just 52% of the time. 

Edited by Cooke
On 2022-09-17 at 9:43 AM, Cooke said:

You're not very bright are ya Remy?

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2010/nature-vs-nurture-the-biology-of-sexuality/

It's not so black and white. If it were purely genetic then if one identical sibling is gay the other should also be gay. Not just 52% of the time. 

lol You dont get to insult my intelligence until you either prove me wrong on something, or I call someone out and I post a link as proof and it actually contradicts what I'm saying. That's the "not very bright" standard we use around here.

• Pillard and Bailey examined identical and fraternal twin brothers—as well as nonrelated brothers who had been adopted—in an effort to see if there was a genetic explanation for homosexuality. They found that if one identical twin was gay, 52 percent of the time the other was also; the figure was 22 percent for fraternal twins, and only 5 percent for nonrelated adopted brothers.

• I dont see why in every situation both twins would be gay, but also twins have a ridiculously high percentage in comparison to other sibling types. (as much as 10x) More than half of the time. Once again context works against you guys. Funny how the more information you parse, the more wrong you guys wind up being. 

BU Today: Has your research found that sexual orientation is biologically determined?

Pillard: I think so. But nobody knows for sure what causes a person to be either gay or straight. It’s one of the great mysteries of science, at least of biological science.

Is there evidence that life experiences play a role in sexual orientation?
It’s a hard question to answer, because by “experience,” we’re talking about when kids are in the very first years of their life. If you’re going to do research about it, you’re doing research on people 20 or 30 years later, so it’s really hard to look back with certainty on what happened to them in those early years.

But a lot of people have tried, and have said things like, ‘Well, it depends on the fact that your mother was overprotective or that your father was distant or absent.’ You have to reconstruct those theories from events of long ago. And how do you know the mother really was overprotective—you have to depend on what the subject in your study is remembering about his early years. And that could be easily falsified.

The running theme of this article seems to be that this is much more nature than nurture, and that is putting it mildly as they dont actually provide any evidence of "nurture". Obviously nothing is 100% all of the time, and the researcher in mention concedes there is still so much that is unknown about sexual attraction, but you posting this article as some defense while it contradicts what you said officially makes you "not very bright". Not to mention, you're blaming tik tok and twitter doesn't really constitute the nurture method for a number of reasons. Least of all to cause this incredible spike you guys seem so worried about. 

Would you like a do-over as your article actually disproves your point?

Edited by Mr. Impossible
On 2022-09-16 at 7:48 PM, Cooke said:

I think there's naturally gay and nurtured gay. It's probably a spectrum. 

So if there's a thing such as naturally gay does that means a child can be gay?   Or better yet, gay at birth gay? 

If gay is natural, how can you be groomed to be gay? If it's natural you're either gay or not.   Can you be groomed to be strait as well? 

:cmpunk1: