Sony has given access to PSVR2 to press outlets, preview videos are being released.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG   It's a few mins space shooter.       You're a complete moron.

It is very cool.  It's also massive in size.  120GB+ because it's got great production values and high res (for VR) textures.  It looks really great maxed out  

Jederpey should try and monetize getting owned he'd already be a millionaire by now

Honestly them not coming locked and loaded with Alyx already puts a bad taste in my mouth.  The bulkiness and the lack of built in audio is also disappointing. Horizon looks good, but I'm not convinced it'll be a good game.

No way I'm getting this at launch.

Road to VR

https://www.roadtovr.com/horizon-call-mountain-psvr-2-hands-on-demo-preview/

Graphically, Horizon Call of the Mountain is steps beyond anything we’ve seen to date on the original PSVR. It’s not just the far higher resolution on PSVR 2, but the power of PS5 is clearly being tapped to create lush and detailed environments, which I’d say are approaching Half-Life: Alyx in terms of quality.

The best remains the best :trump: 

:aitch: This game is gonna be hella impressive when it launches.

I'm seeing locations I recognize from Forbidden West and it's using foveated rendering already to only render in max res the areas your eyes are focused on, wow.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

High chances it will be the second best looking thing in VR from the little I've seen. 

Yea, it looks great visually no doubt.  I saw previews of the gameplay though, and I'm like... yea looks like the same stuff.

14 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

This also looks like it's definitely gonna be fun to play in VR for me as a huge Star Wars fan  :aitch:

It's kind of a simplistic run and gun game from what I've seen from the Quest 2 version. I wouldn't get too excited for the game design but it might be a cool experience, it was pretty well received on Quest and the community described it as one of the best looking game on the system with great production values, for what it's worth. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:aitch: This game is gonna be hella impressive when it launches.

I'm seeing locations I recognize from Forbidden West and it's using foveated rendering already to only render in max res the areas your eyes are focused on, wow.

if this doesn't give me motion sickness like the first psvr did, i may look into this. pretty wild vid!

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea, it looks great visually no doubt.  I saw previews of the gameplay though, and I'm like... yea looks like the same stuff.

I saw like 7 seconds of footage and it was just the environment. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

if this doesn't give me motion sickness like the first psvr did, i may look into this. pretty wild vid!

It'd be cool if you could finally get into VR. There's quite a few innovative and brilliant puzzle/adventure games in VR that I think you'd like. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ramza said:

It'd be cool if you could finally get into VR. There's quite a few innovative and brilliant puzzle/adventure games in VR that I think you'd like. 

i would love to be able to get into it, as well! i had the same issue with FPSs back in the day, until i was able to run them at good framerates. so, here's to hoping i can into this.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

I wonder what the price is going to be.  I'm guessing $499.  I feel like if the price was going to be $399 they would have announced it already.

shiiii i'll wait if that's the price. $399 with a showcase title would seal the deal for me!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

shiiii i'll wait if that's the price. $399 with a showcase title would seal the deal for me!

Yea, I mean I dunno, I could be wrong, but I feel like $399 would be a price point you would boast about, considering the tech specs of the headset.  PC headsets with similar specs are way more expensive than that.  Of course Sony can sell at a loss and make up that difference through software.. but if you look at what Sony's been doing, they've been raising prices in many of their markets.. as well as reducing the BOM to produce them..  So they're not about losing money on hardware at the moment it seems.

Essentially they'll charge what they think it's worth... but if it's $499... It'll be a tough sell for people, and it's not going to sell massively different from the PSVR1 IMO.  At $399, they'll see good movement, at least initially.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Yea, I mean I dunno, I could be wrong, but I feel like $399 would be a price point you would boast about, considering the tech specs of the headset.  PC headsets with similar specs are way more expensive than that.  Of course Sony can sell at a loss and make up that difference through software.. but if you look at what Sony's been doing, they've been raising prices in many of their markets.. as well as reducing the BOM to produce them..  So they're not about losing money on hardware at the moment it seems.

Essentially they'll charge what they think it's worth... but if it's $499... It'll be a tough sell for people, and it's not going to sell massively different from the PSVR1 IMO.  At $399, they'll see good movement, at least initially.

💯

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Road to VR

https://www.roadtovr.com/horizon-call-mountain-psvr-2-hands-on-demo-preview/

The best remains the best :trump: 

The Eurogamer guy already says that RE8 VR already exceeds anything in the PC VR space.

LOL please..............please be stupid enough to declare that Half Life Alyx looks better than Horizon Call of the Mountain.

I'll have a field day with that one. :drake: