Steam Deck going hard in Japan at TGS

Putting up Deck kiosks beside Switch kiosks at various booths

Right now there's a special presentation of Forspoken on Steam Deck

Steam Deck also has a massive booth there

Valve want a piece of that Japanese portable market :tom5: 

Never thought we'd see this type of push regarding 3rd parties and the Deck.

It looks like Japanese developers are embracing the Deck as a way of advertising their PC games in Japan. 

The Judgement Collection runs very well on Deck as well.

If it can solidify Japanese support for PC then I'm all for it. 

And here I thought all those Japanese games were coming to PC because they heard I turned hermit. ''David has started playing on STEAM, port everything we have, NOW!'' 

• Like 1

Apparently lots of interest in Japan, the Steam Deck booth has been busy

God damn I'm glad I got this device.  This TGS has been almost overwhelming with how much awesome shit is announced and coming to PC and Steam Deck.  :wow2: 

• aitch 1

If they really want to penetrate the market then they should try to work out some kind of deal with Riot Games over Valorant. Like a special perk or something like that (the Deck gets like a 2 month exclusive for stuff like new maps or characters).

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

If they really want to penetrate the market then they should try to work out some kind of deal with Riot Games over Valorant. Like a special perk or something like that (the Deck gets like a 2 month exclusive for stuff like new maps or characters).

Probably not ever going to happen due to the invasive anti-cheat.

I'm just honestly surprised that Valve had as much of a presence as they did there.  I honestly never expected them to have their own booth like that at ANY show.. let alone TGS.  Same goes for developers using it as a form of marketing and being quite vocal about the device and being Deck verified.  I always assumed that indie developers would do that, but not AA and AAA developers.

36 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

This MFer needs to get Guns of the Patriots and Peacewalker on it.

MGS4 really needs some ''HD remaster'' loving on PC. Peacewalker... meh, I enjoyed the game, but it would seem pretty weak after MGSV. I mean, a lot of MGSV ideas actually came from that game when you think about it, the capturing of soldiers and the base building elements. It's just a worst MGSV, I think it would need a proper remake. And man, the cutscenes were just slightly animated comic book style images. And it also kinda sucked, all I remember is Big Boss was perving on a 16 year old blonde virgin and worked as a cuck mercenary in South America for ''peace''. 

Peacewalker is possibly the worse MGS game. Unless you consider weird spin offs like virtual mission on PS1 or Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 on PSP as legit MGS games. lol

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

MGS4 really needs some ''HD remaster'' loving on PC. Peacewalker... meh, I enjoyed the game, but it would seem pretty weak after MGSV. I mean, a lot of MGSV ideas actually came from that game when you think about it, the capturing of soldiers and the base building elements. It's just a worst MGSV, I think it would need a proper remake. And man, the cutscenes were just slightly animated comic book style images. And it also kinda sucked, all I remember is Big Boss was perving on a 16 year old blonde virgin and worked as a cuck mercenary in South America for ''peace''. 

Peacewalker is possibly the worse MGS game. Unless you consider weird spin offs like virtual mission on PS1 or Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 on PSP as legit MGS games. lol

I basically agree with you, but it's still a lot of canon story, probably more than MGS5. And the best edition of the game with right stick control is PS3/360. So it's got similar accessibility problems as GotP if you wanted to play the entire MGS saga.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I basically agree with you, but it's still a lot of canon story, probably more than MGS5. And the best edition of the game with right stick control is PS3/360. So it's got similar accessibility problems as GotP if you wanted to play the entire MGS saga.

I played both versions but mostly the PSP one. 

12 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Me too, and the shit controls comprised the experience. I think the 360 version in bc would feel a lot less dated than MGS1/2.

I wouldn't mind going back to mgs1 with cleaned out visuals. Came close to buying it on PC on gog.com but I hate buying games outside of STEAM.

Nothing would make me go back to MGS2 except a complete remake. That's the dated one.

MGS3 Subsistence aged like fine wine.