Valkyrie Elysium Demo

This shit screams tight budget. Linear and bland areas with zero exploration, an absolutely standard and run of the mill combat system with minimal depth, uninteresting enemy design with simple AI. Basically anything you think of when you hear "tight budget" is present in this game.

SE once again trying to sell their budget titles at full price because they have no shame. This game ain't worth 30 bucks let alone 60.

Id buy anything from the Valkyrie Profile series, including a pile of dog shit. There's no way I'm not supporting this, I'm just hoping if it sells decent it might lead to an actual VP game. 

Does the story seems any good?

Story is pretty nonexistent actually. Most of it seems to come from these blue flowers you inspect in the field and they tend to only give you a small sense of what happened. It's all just very "Ehh, whatever".

I wouldn't waste my money on this but you do what you want. I accepted a long time ago that VP was just a One Hit Wonder, I don't need any more especially if it's just going to be more of... this.

33 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Story is pretty nonexistent actually. Most of it seems to come from these blue flowers you inspect in the field and they tend to only give you a small sense of what happened. It's all just very "Ehh, whatever".

I wouldn't waste my money on this but you do what you want. I accepted a long time ago that VP was just a One Hit Wonder, I don't need any more especially if it's just going to be more of... this.

That sounds really bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting my hopes up. Still gonna support this. Same thing for Star Ocean and DioField Chronicles. I don't even look at SE games before buying them these days. I'll watch one trailer and that's it. All those games have demos and I'm not touching any of them, going in blind. Really don't care.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Id buy anything from the Valkyrie Profile series, including a pile of dog shit. There's no way I'm not supporting this, I'm just hoping if it sells decent it might lead to an actual VP game. 

Does the story seems any good?

Ha same. As a huge VP fan a new VP has to convince me not to buy it. The first 2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Delita said:

Ha same. As a huge VP fan a new VP has to convince me not to buy it. The first 2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

Remember when I used to trash VP2? :D It seems so good now. :( 

Just now, Ramza said:

Remember when I used to trash VP2? :D It seems so good now. :( 

LMAO. How could I forgot. I honestly thought you lost your mind.

Anyway my thoughts of the demo is that it’s solid from what I experienced. Even though the game introduces several different gameplay mechanics I felt like it wasn’t anywhere near enough time in what was like  an hour and a half to fully get a grasp of the gameplay but what was there I enjoyed enough.

The problem Like for example in the beginning of the demo you’re give  einherjar, then they’re completely taken away for the rest of the demo and instead introduces you new things in the combat. I really didn’t understand that. I’d like to see it all together 

Also I have to say that the artists for VP have to be the best at Square and that’s saying a lot. VP1, 2 and now Elisyum always blow me away from an art design perspective 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Delita said:

Also am I the only one who thinks her “Naruto run” animation looks absolutely ridiculous? 

Nah, first thing I noticed about the game actually. It's hard not to notice LOL. The run looks awkward because she seems like she's trying to run with a stick up her ass.