Star Ocean 6 TGS trailer

The shit dialogue is par for the course for this series TBH. This series has always been second rate though. Yes, even SO2, don't @ me. The series completely under delivers on its premise.

But TBF, this latest trailer does show that the game is in better shape than the last time I saw footage of it. The flying in particular looks a lot smoother. That shit looked janky last time I saw it.

• Like 1

Early impressions from people who played the demo early are emerging online and... it ain't looking good.

Combat is a consistent complaint, it sounds bad and poorly executed. Still gonna try the demo just to see for myself but man, the combat was like the only thing that looked decent from the trailers. So if it's as bad as it sounds then fuuuuck... this might end up being the worst game in the series. And that says A LOT because this series has a few shit entries LOL. 

5 hours ago, Sabo said:

Early impressions from people who played the demo early are emerging online and... it ain't looking good.

Combat is a consistent complaint, it sounds bad and poorly executed. Still gonna try the demo just to see for myself but man, the combat was like the only thing that looked decent from the trailers. So if it's as bad as it sounds then fuuuuck... this might end up being the worst game in the series. And that says A LOT because this series has a few shit entries LOL. 

Surely they didnt fuck up the combat. Thats the one thing the series does well even when everything else is lackluster.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Surely they didnt fuck up the combat. Thats the one thing the series does well even when everything else is lackluster.

There's two meters. One meter charges up as you attack and the other meter is the AP one. Apparently the AP meter is the main culprit that is slogging down the combat. Actions burn through AP fast and the attacks you are doing don't charge the other meter fast enough. So combat routinely falls into a situation where you can't do anything because you have no AP and the other meter isn't charged so you're just standing around doing nothing. Combat flow just sounds completely fucked. It seems like the AP meter is also doubling as a "stamina" bar for some dumb reason.

28 minutes ago, Sabo said:

There's two meters. One meter charges up as you attack and the other meter is the AP one. Apparently the AP meter is the main culprit that is slogging down the combat. Actions burn through AP fast and the attacks you are doing don't charge the other meter fast enough. So combat routinely falls into a situation where you can't do anything because you have no AP and the other meter isn't charged so you're just standing around doing nothing. Combat flow just sounds completely fucked. It seems like the AP meter is also doubling as a "stamina" bar for some dumb reason.

That sounds dumb, but I wonder if its an early game restriction and it'll get better as you level up your characters and improve them.