Is the Switch Pro Controller good?

Its good, but I believe I bought mines for like $50.

Yeah, I'd want more from the controller for $70.

Actually, I just quickly checked my emails, I bought it back in 2018 for $40 because of some black friday deal. I believe that was also right when they did a small update to the hardware.

Edited by jehurey

It's a great controller, provided you do the d-pad mod.  It has a perfect form and shape IMO, but the d-pad issues are the major knock against it.

That considered, the best controller you can get for your Switch is the Gulikit KingKong 2 Pro controller.

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

It has electromagnetic analog sticks which will never drift, and is great all around.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

It's a great controller, provided you do the d-pad mod.  It has a perfect form and shape IMO, but the d-pad issues are the major knock against it.

That considered, the best controller you can get for your Switch is the Gulikit KingKong 2 Pro controller.

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

It has electromagnetic analog sticks which will never drift, and is great all around.

How do you fucking buy it???

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Awesome thank you.  Going to buy the white one.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just got it. Im glad I had a giftcard and only payed $45 or else I would have felt ripped off. This thing has the worst triggers I've seen on a modern controller.

Its still an improvement over the grip + joycons but thats not saying much. 

Yeah, the joycons are terrible. 

Just now, Cooke said:

I have 4 of them. Yeah I'm crazy but they are the most comfortable controllers. I often have friends over for mario kart drink nights. No one wants to use fucking joylesscons

"joylesscons" :D i'm dead. spot on!

Just now, Cooke said:

Suck it nintendo. They should never have made them detachable. Oh but look at all the colour combinations!!! :lemming:

i mean, i get what they were going for. however, the execution was terrible. i have never experienced drift and button issues with any of my other controllers.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The tech in the Joycons is still pretty impressive especially when you play games that really make use of them (like Ring Fit or 1 2 Switch) but it sucks for regular games and the drift is just unforgivable.

I've actually never had drift with mine and I have a launch day switch :smugd:

20 minutes ago, Cooke said:

I've actually never had drift with mine and I have a launch day switch :smugd:

Shiii I have had 3 issues now. It would have been more, but I’ve been too lazy to return the joycons. Mind you, I have never had the rrod or yellow light of death, or any controller breaking.