Suikoden 1+2 Remastered announced at TGS [Steam/PS4/XO/Switch]

FcwcgI1acAM7Xu3?format=jpg&name=large

FcwdhqKXoAEYlAa?format=jpg&name=large

FcwdtXTXEAAOnLW?format=jpg&name=large

The Story of Suikoden I
A once renowned hero turns into a violent tyrant, and an empire falls into decline.
A Liberation Army is rising up in an act of rebellion against an oppressive rule.
One by one the 108 stars of Destiny gather to shape the course of history.

The Story of Suikoden II
Our story's hero and his friend Jowy are members of the Unicorn Youth Brigade, which participated in a drawn-out border dispute between the Highland Kingdom and the City-States of Jowstown .

A few months earlier, a truth agreement was signed between the two forces, both of which were happy to see an end to the fighting.
However, hidden under the momentary peace the fires of a new war continued to smolder…

Features of Suikoden I & Suikoden II HD
・All background illustrations have been upgraded to HD
・Updated effects breathe new life into the pixel art animation
・New environmental sounds effects to immerse yourself in this fantasy world
・Battle SFX are also now HD and add a new level of realism
・Newly added auto-save
・Battle Fast Forward
・Conversation Log

Steam page up

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1932640/Suikoden_III_HD_Remaster_Gate_Rune_and_Dunan_Unification_Wars/

ss_37ce697066c55cc5b721408ae28d4d413b608

ss_21bb0f10b6b3420adf588fd4e2d8a7847d2a7

ss_048c555c11b38ea674492ac9939c1b63bdfd3

Comparison to the original

FcwgEZjakAIi05f?format=jpg&name=large

Ugh, they went and fucked with the background and made them "high res" while changing a bunch of shit :meh: 

Looking at the trailer, it actually doesn't look too bad.  I actually like some of the changes.  Shit I bet there'll be mods that "pixelate" the backgrounds on PC anyway :juggle: 

Fuck yea I'm just happy right now!  This is one of the series that convinced me to get a Playstation in the first place. :love: 

• Remij changed the title to Suikoden 1+2 Remastered announced at TGS [Steam/PS4/XO/Switch]
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

That's some... sus timing there, Konami. Eiyuden also happens to be releasing next year. Hmm, how convenient. Surely Konami wouldn't be trying to capitalize on that.

Yeah they're definitely trying to synergize and taking advantage of it.  It can be mutually beneficial to both.  Hell, Junko Kawano was at both conferences (Konami and 505 Games) promoting both games.  That was awesome to see.

10 hours ago, Remij said:

Honestly, I'm just happy as fuck they're bringing them over :wow2: 

Here's the trailer.

Background during combat hasn't changed though, just upres texture? Same sprites. I dunno, it's okay but not impressive in any way. I'll still buy it, I sold Suikoden II for 375$ on Ebay last year so it's fine. Hehe.