Massive Steam Deck menu overhaul update out now

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Barely followed any news on the Sheep Decked, how good is this little thing really? :interesting:

Can it play something like Vanquish if I have it on my Steam library?

It's fucking sick, and probably will revolutionize PC gaming. Pretty much other than games blocked by anticheat, you can play every PC game. The UI is very Steam-centric, but you can pretty easily install old style CD-ROM games (from an iso, obv) or 3rd party launchers like Battle.net. Its powerful enough to play Cyberpunk in the 30-40 fps range on medium settings at 800p.

A big standout with the Steam Deck is Steam itself. Most people probably use external services like Discord to game, but the way Steam's features are presented in SteamOS are much closer to the PlayStation or Xbox experience.

• aitch 1
3 hours ago, bhytre said:

Barely followed any news on the Sheep Decked, how good is this little thing really? :interesting:

Can it play something like Vanquish if I have it on my Steam library?

Oh yea easily.

Thing is though, there's still a lot of games which don't have support yet, so I'd just warn that if you're planning on getting one, check that the games you want to play are compatible. 

You can check here

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?deck_compatibility=3%2C2

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Oh yea easily.

Thing is though, there's still a lot of games which don't have support yet, so I'd just warn that if you're planning on getting one, check that the games you want to play are compatible. 

You can check here

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?deck_compatibility=3%2C2

The best way is to look for the Deck page on the store and then theres a link which breaks down the verified, playable and unsupport games from your own library.

Some of the unsupported games probably will work with some tinkering.

Holy SHIT.. the amount of people in line to check out the Steam Deck booth is crazy

That entire booth is for Steam Deck, and you can see towards the very end of the video people sitting down all over with Steam Decks.

Holy shit I can't believe they had that much of a presence there.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Holy SHIT.. the amount of people in line to check out the Steam Deck booth is crazy

That entire booth is for Steam Deck, and you can see towards the very end of the video people sitting down all over with Steam Decks.

Holy shit I can't believe they had that much of a presence there.

Is it happening? A western system will finally find some level of commercial success in Japan, and it turned out to be a PC handheld? xD 

Considering the Switch crowd over there, it migh just sell with those who desire better graphics and different software. Let's face it, Switch doesn't get all the high profile Japanese and western games because the hardware is too weak. Deck can come in and fix that. I don't think it will be too mainstream, but it should sell if they can market it right.