EVGA ceases ALL relationship with Nvidia on grounds of disrespectful treatment - Will NOT be manufacturing any more GPUs

That's INSANE.  EVGA has always been the biggest 3rd party Nvidia branded GPU partner.  I haven't watched the video yet, but have been reading a bit that they have no plans to work with AMD or Intel either, effectively meaning they are getting out of the GPU business altogether.

Man... clearly Nvidia was fucking them over, and it was all too obvious that Nvidia wants to sell their own Founders GPUs which would give them the ability to mark up their prices. Damn.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I riding on the Remi-go-round

Seems the relationship Nvidia has with these AIBs is extremely strained just like the rumors suggested. Nvidia got greedy AF stuffing the channels with these 30 series cards and selling them at crazy

Exactly.  I've said this exact same thing elsewhere.  Nvidia is greedy as fuck.  Once they started making their own Founders Edition cards, the writing was pretty much on the wall.

Posted Images

• Remij changed the title to EVGA ceases ALL relationship with Nvidia on grounds of disrespectful treatment - Will NOT be manufacturing any more GPUs

Seems the relationship Nvidia has with these AIBs is extremely strained just like the rumors suggested. Nvidia got greedy AF stuffing the channels with these 30 series cards and selling them at crazy prices. Now with the mining crash everything is falling apart and these AIBs are stuck with cards that they can’t sell. On top of that, Nvidia is announcing new cards next week which will make it even harder for these AIBs to clear their stock. 

A little sad to see EVGA go since I usually buy their cards but fuck Nvidia. They deserve all the shit coming to them for their greed these past few years.

• Upvote 1

Wonder what this is going to do about the pricing and availability for the upcoming 40 series.

There's one less competitor, and there's also one less manufacturer, and I don't how big eVGA is compared to the other video card manufacturer's, but it seems like eVGA churned out as much product as anybody.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wonder what this is going to do about the pricing and availability for the upcoming 40 series.

There's one less competitor, and there's also one less manufacturer, and I don't how big eVGA is compared to the other video card manufacturer's, but it seems like eVGA churned out as much product as anybody.

They were by far Nvidia's biggest partner.  They were to Nvidia what Sapphire basically was to AMD for a while there.

14 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Seems the relationship Nvidia has with these AIBs is extremely strained just like the rumors suggested. Nvidia got greedy AF stuffing the channels with these 30 series cards and selling them at crazy prices. Now with the mining crash everything is falling apart and these AIBs are stuck with cards that they can’t sell. On top of that, Nvidia is announcing new cards next week which will make it even harder for these AIBs to clear their stock. 

A little sad to see EVGA go since I usually buy their cards but fuck Nvidia. They deserve all the shit coming to them for their greed these past few years.

Exactly.  I've said this exact same thing elsewhere.  Nvidia is greedy as fuck.  Once they started making their own Founders Edition cards, the writing was pretty much on the wall.

• Like 1

I genuinely believe those upcoming 4090's, nVidia is just going to brashly say that they cost $2500 or more.

Some of these board partners may be thinking that the GPU chip is gonna so expensive, and the profit margins are just not going to be big enough for it to be worth it.

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Maybe they’ll support the competition :smoke:

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I imagine they already have some kind of deal worked out with AMD.

They're done with graphics cards altogether:

The news is even bigger than that, though: Speaking to Gamers Nexus (opens in new tab), EVGA CEO Andrew Han said that the California-based company isn't just skipping the next generation of Nvidia chips, but will "completely stop" making graphics cards going forward.

EVGA has been making graphics cards since it was founded in 1999, going all the way back to Nvidia's RIVA TNT2 chips, but Han "wouldn't even entertain the idea of working with Intel or AMD" to continue producing cards, says Gamers Nexus.

https://www.pcgamer.com/evga-ends-nvidia-video-card/

It helps when you're given full articles to read, remember the good old days when the internet was about sharing articles and not tweets? :trump2: Fuck Twitter. Lets please stop posting them because my browser blocks them and it's a pain to then have to view embedded tweets :lul:

11 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

They're done with graphics cards altogether:

The news is even bigger than that, though: Speaking to Gamers Nexus (opens in new tab), EVGA CEO Andrew Han said that the California-based company isn't just skipping the next generation of Nvidia chips, but will "completely stop" making graphics cards going forward.

EVGA has been making graphics cards since it was founded in 1999, going all the way back to Nvidia's RIVA TNT2 chips, but Han "wouldn't even entertain the idea of working with Intel or AMD" to continue producing cards, says Gamers Nexus.

https://www.pcgamer.com/evga-ends-nvidia-video-card/

It helps when you're given full articles to read, remember the good old days when the internet was about sharing articles and not tweets? :trump2: Fuck Twitter. Lets please stop posting them because my browser blocks them and it's a pain to then have to view embedded tweets :lul:

I put it right in the OP... where I literally mention they have no intention of working with AMD and Intel... lol

Margins are way too low... Nvidia fucked them... and the others would too.

Hopefully they can build and grow their power supply and motherboard businesses and continue to find success that way.

Edited by Remij
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

I put it right in the OP... where I literally mention they have no intention of working with AMD and Intel... lol

Margins are way too low... Nvidia fucked them... and the others would too.

Hopefully they can build and grow their power supply and motherboard businesses and continue to find success that way.

I've slept since then :trump2:

Quote the article for facts and input your thoughts and opinions in your own paragraphs, this is how forums have been.

Embedding tweets and then adding more facts to the story in your own text is some zoomer way of doing things. Might as well put the info in tik tok form :facep: