Who else got that iPhone 14?

Just now, Goukosan said:

The base iPhone 14 is literally just iPhone 13 re-released as a 14...no bait...anyone going from a 13 to a base 14 is in for a surprise that they bought the same phone as last year... 

The Pro is actually the new phone. 

Yeah I totally agree. Haven’t had a base model since they started making multiple phones each year.. I’m not sure why anyone would get them this year tho. I got $800 for my 13 pro max from Best Buy, used some rewards, and got the 14 pro max for about $250 (vs 1300) so not too shabby. Rinse and repeat next year for the 15

It just me or what this launch kind of low key?

I didn't really see anything about this (mind you I'm not looking at phone related stuff anyway)... whereas other years I remember quite a big deal being made about them.

I guess phones have reached that point where there's not much difference between generations and if you have anything that's relatively recent there's no need to upgrade.

Does Apple finally have 120hz on all their phones now at least?

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I didn't really see anything about this (mind you I'm not looking at phone related stuff anyway)... whereas other years I remember quite a big deal being made about them.

I guess phones have reached that point where there's not much difference between generations and if you have anything that's relatively recent there's no need to upgrade.

Its low key because the base iPhone 14 is literally a repacked iPhone 13 with the same SOC that they're selling as a new model.

This better not be a new industry trend moving forward.

Yea I think the pro iPhones have an adaptive screen that goes up to 120hz.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Remij said:

theyre already in high demand, I got lucky but I know several others who have had their preorders already slip to November. The pros have refresh rates from 1 to 120hz. I don’t think the non pros do but honestly I don’t even look into those. 

8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m skipping 14 pro for the 15 pro. Aside from the stabilizer with action mode, I don’t see any reason to upgrade from my 13 pro. 

for me it was mainly longer battery life and it was a fairly cheap upgrade. Dynamic island is pretty cool though, can’t wait to see where they go with it. 

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

for me it was mainly longer battery life and it was a fairly cheap upgrade. Dynamic island is pretty cool though, can’t wait to see where they go with it. 

Eh, battery life is already pretty good. I would have gotten the phone for action mode, but warp stabilization in adobe after effects already stabilizes shaky video. 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Ah I need to give that a try tomorrow, completely forgot about that feature. 

It’s amazing if you film extreme sports or want to do hand cam stuff for tv/movies. 13/14 pro offer the  pro res codec, so you can use the footage even in Netflix-approved films (they have the strictest video streaming guidelines). 

6 hours ago, ghostz said:

I’ve had my last 3 or 4 purchased outright, owned for listening to SW retards :tom:

Apple in some ways is worse than Microsoft and their sogrware policies suck. If you want one and you're happy with it good for you but you seem to be brainwashed by marketing Ghostz.