Return to Monkey Island releases tomorrow, anyone picking it up? (Official Thread)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it.   I LOVED it!  Seriously.. The ending did kinda throw me for a loop until I started thinking about it and reflecting on it a bit.  I think the ending I got perfectly reflects th

brooo...i'm having a blast, between the humor and the fun puzzles. they have done a great job of modernizing classic-style puzzles. some of the solutions are pretty funny lol.

Yeah, I couldn’t decide whether to rate it a 7.5 or an 8. I gave it an 8, in the end, due to the hint system and because some of the puzzles were pretty awesome. I do prefer games with isolated puzzle

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought I didn't mind it at first but the more I see it the more I realize I just don't like the artstyle at all.

Understandable.  A lot of people just don't like it.

I've progressed the opposite way.  The more I see of it, the more I like it.

Went through the same thing with the Suikoden 1 and 2 Remaster just this past week.  At first I didn't like that they redid the backgrounds... but the more I watch the trailer, I think it actually looks really great.

• Upvote 1

"solving puzzles is as satisfying a dopamine hit as ever, and the 2022 iteration of Monkey Island has learned to avoid the infamously obtuse “adventure game logic” that so often made people bounce off of the originals back in the day. "

the reviews are pretty epic!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

"solving puzzles is as satisfying a dopamine hit as ever, and the 2022 iteration of Monkey Island has learned to avoid the infamously obtuse “adventure game logic” that so often made people bounce off of the originals back in the day. "

the reviews are pretty epic!

I haven't been reading them because I want to go in as blind as possible.  That's great to hear though :wow2: 

Gonna have some supper here soon and then jump in :love: 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

I haven't been reading them because I want to go in as blind as possible.  That's great to hear though :wow2: 

Gonna have some supper here soon and then jump in :love: 

i only read about the puzzles, which seem to be amazing. i don't really remember the story, so i'll need a recap. but for $25, this sounds like a no-brainer.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i only read about the puzzles, which seem to be amazing. i don't really remember the story, so i'll need a recap. but for $25, this sounds like a no-brainer.

The game is supposed to have a "scrap book" recap feature which explains what happens in the first two games.  You could always just watch a quick youtube recap video as well, I'd imagine.

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Remij how is it?

Loving it!  The puzzles are really good, and it's just a great endearing Monkey Island story.  It's not rewriting the book on point and click adventure games, but it's just really solid in every aspect.

I think the visuals are really great too.  I've come to really like the artstyle.  They do a lot of "Ren and Stimpy" style cuts to characters faces close up, you can see more detail and the animation is great!  The game also supports ultrawide too.

The music and voice acting is awesome.  I really love it. :love: 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Loving it!  The puzzles are really good, and it's just a great endearing Monkey Island story.  It's not rewriting the book on point and click adventure games, but it's just really solid in every aspect.

I think the visuals are really great too.  I've come to really like the artstyle.  They do a lot of "Ren and Stimpy" style cuts to characters faces close up, you can see more detail and the animation is great!  The game also supports ultrawide too.

The music and voice acting is awesome.  I really love it. :love: 

badass! i'll be playing it tonight on my switch! :smoke:

• Like 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to Return to Monkey Island releases tomorrow, anyone picking it up? (Official Thread)