Return to Monkey Island releases tomorrow, anyone picking it up? (Official Thread)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished it.   I LOVED it!  Seriously.. The ending did kinda throw me for a loop until I started thinking about it and reflecting on it a bit.  I think the ending I got perfectly reflects th

brooo...i'm having a blast, between the humor and the fun puzzles. they have done a great job of modernizing classic-style puzzles. some of the solutions are pretty funny lol.

Yeah, I couldn’t decide whether to rate it a 7.5 or an 8. I gave it an 8, in the end, due to the hint system and because some of the puzzles were pretty awesome. I do prefer games with isolated puzzle

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

how are the puzzles so far?

I haven’t gotten terribly far. I’m supposed to assemble a mop, but I’ve just been having fun exploring the different locations. I picked hard more, so I’ll let you know once I get to some good puzzles. Have you started it? 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I haven’t gotten terribly far. I’m supposed to assemble a mop, but I’ve just been having fun exploring the different locations. I picked hard more, so I’ll let you know once I get to some good puzzles. Have you started it? 

I’m probably gonna hold off for now, have a lot on my plate and there are other games and I’m trying to focus on (like The Pedestrian) maybe closer to the end of the year I’ll get it.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m probably gonna hold off for now, have a lot on my plate and there are other games and I’m trying to focus on (like The Pedestrian) maybe closer to the end of the year I’ll get it.

You are going to love Pedestrian! 

• Like 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

damn I might just buy it. I’m already bored of splatoon 3’s mp anyway

brooo...i'm having a blast, between the humor and the fun puzzles. they have done a great job of modernizing classic-style puzzles. some of the solutions are pretty funny lol.

• Upvote 2
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to Return to Monkey Island releases tomorrow, anyone picking it up? (Official Thread)
8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Remij how far are you? i'm at the beginning of chapter 2. i lol'd at the first main puzzle :D

Reveal hidden contents

it's the one where you grease up the exit, so you can squeeze through.

Currently in part 2 haha.  Yea, that was good. I smiled when

Spoiler

you open the chest and Murray was inside and he's the spy for Madison.  I love Murray :love: 

I love the game so far!  It's classic Monkey Island through and through.  It's weird how being back in this world makes me feel.  I love the idea of the trivia cards to collect and answer as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I almost done with Part 1. I enjoy the puzzles and adventure game elements but I admit im not really a fan of this style of humor, that aspect is not really clicking for me.

Don’t worry. The puzzles get so elaborate by part 4. Holy fuck, this section is pretty damn involved! The humor is more charming than funny imo. It nicely holds each set piece together. (well, set pieces later on). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Don’t worry. The puzzles get so elaborate by part 4. Holy fuck, this section is pretty damn involved! The humor is more charming than funny imo. It nicely holds each set piece together. (well, set pieces later on). 

Sounds good. And yeah charming is exactly how I would describe it.

• Upvote 1