Half-Life 2 VR mod officially now on steam.

7 hours ago, bhytre said:

Can't believe this used to be the state of the art PosC game, looks like shit :tom:

Yet graphically still better than anything on the Nintodler Ditch :kaz: 

TSHBR :will:

At the time it was.

I was sort of expecting a HL: Alyx mod that recreates HL2, not a HL2 mod that adapts the mechanics of HL: Alyx. I was hoping for the latter. But the good news is that this can at least run for people without adequet specs. Even run on the Quest 2.

7 hours ago, bhytre said:

Can't believe this used to be the state of the art PosC game, looks like shit :tom:

Yet graphically still better than anything on the Nintodler Ditch :kaz: 

TSHBR :will:

The disrespect to one of the GOATs :( 

Nintoddler that's a good one:lawl: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

no surprise. they have nothing, so they take what they learned from HL Alyx and are now applying it to previous games.

And Valve is a lazy-ass studio who couldn't be bothered to go back and update their own games, themselves.

Go cry somewhere else :cosby2: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Go cry somewhere else :cosby2: 

No, that's what you're doing because I am pointing out the obvious.

I made two observations:

-there's nothing else on the PC VR marketplace ever since HLA, so modders went back to older HL games to make them like HLA

-Valve couldn't be bothered to do it themselves

Both statement factually true, and informative.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, that's what you're doing because I am pointing out the obvious.

I made two observations:

-there's nothing else on the PC VR marketplace ever since HLA, so modders went back to older HL games to make them like HLA

-Valve couldn't be bothered to do it themselves

Both statement factually true, and informative.

Yes there was...  There was Lone Echo 2 last year.   You wouldn't know that though... because you're not into playing games...let alone VR games. (11 hours LOLOL)

There's been nothing on your PSVR since 2018 :lawl: 

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

no surprise. they have nothing, so they take what they learned from HL Alyx and are now applying it to previous games.

And Valve is a lazy-ass studio who couldn't be bothered to go back and update their own games, themselves.

It's not even made by Valve, dumbo. Just a fan made mod that got recognized by Valve and put on the store. 

edit: sorry I misread your post. 

Edited by Ramza
Just now, jehurey said:

Imagine if I were defending the Nintendo Switch, and the first thing out of my mouth was "there was this game LAST YEAR"

jesus:drake:

Imagine if you actually played games :drake: 

You haven't touched your PSVR since 2018... so imagine bragging about PSVR2.. when you didn't play anything worth a damn on the first one :drake: 

Just now, Ramza said:

It's not even made by Valve, dumbo. Just a fan made mod that got recognized by Valve and put on the store. 

Notice what he's trying to go... hate on Valve because they didn't go back and update HL2 for VR.... themselves... 

That's his angle for this Jerry-go-round.  Valve is lazy.. they can't even do it themselves :tear2: 

He's so fucking butthurt :geese: 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Did you fail to read my post properly?

Read it again, looks like you misunderstood.

And the fact that this is the most noteworthy PC VR news should tell you something.

Imagine if you actually played games :drake: 

He's now so butthurt that's he's derailing his own thread to try and talk about me.

All because he got angry that I was talking about the VERY SUBJECT of his own thread :lawl::lawl:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere comes his butthurt with his tag-team partner

Notice what he's trying to go... hate on Valve because they didn't go back and update HL2 for VR.... themselves... 

That's his angle for this Jerry-go-round.  Valve is lazy.. they can't even do it themselves :tear2: 

He's angry because I pointed out...............a fact.

Oh, this is the other major PC VR game, according to him.

jcQVvvV.png

What a powerhouse game.

The metacritic score isn't even the funniest part.................its the fact that there's only 13 critic reviews.

And that's with most of them being nothing more than blog websites.

Just now, jehurey said:

Did you fail to read my post properly?

Read it again, looks like you misunderstood.

And the fact that this is the most noteworthy PC VR news should tell you something.

He's now so butthurt that's he's derailing his own thread to try and talk about me.

All because he got angry that I was talking about the VERY SUBJECT of his own thread :lawl::lawl:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere comes his butthurt with his tag-team partner

He's angry because I pointed out...............a fact.

Oh, this is the other major PC VR game, according to him.

jcQVvvV.png

What a powerhouse game.

The metacritic score isn't even the funniest part.................its the fact that there's only 13 critic reviews.

And that's with most of them being nothing more than blog websites.

It is a powerhouse game.  Better than any VR game you've played on PSVR :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

He's so fucking butthurt :geese: 

To be fair I always wondered why they didn't update all their source engine games into VR. HL2, HL2 ep 1-2, L4D 1-2, TF2, Portal 1-2. 

It's easy money or make them free and attract more people to play VR on steam. I see no good reason not to other than not wanting to overshadow other games. Who cares though, it's not like the VR software market is saturated, let's be honest. There's just no reason not to. 

Just now, Remij said:

It is a powerhouse game.  Better than any VR game you've played on PSVR :tom: 

No, PSVR had two games that had gotten GoTY nominations and even GOTY awards.

And probably had better metacritic scores, as well.

Looks like you're wrong there.

Just now, Ramza said:

To be fair I always wondered why they didn't update all their source engine games into VR. HL2, HL2 ep 1-2, L4D 1-2, TF2, Portal 1-2. 

It's easy money or make them free and attract more people to play VR on steam. I see no good reason not to other than not wanting to overshadow other games. Who cares though, it's not like the VR software market is saturated, let's be honest. There's just no reason not to. 

:lawl:ol' rubberdub, over there, is literally mad at me because I JUST SAID THE SAME EXACT THING

that's the point............he doesn't like me being honest. LOL