Half-Life 2 VR mod officially now on steam.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, PSVR had two games that had gotten GoTY nominations and even GOTY awards.

And probably had better metacritic scores, as well.

Looks like you're wrong there.

No.. PSVR didn't win any VR awards in 2021. :tom: 

And there was NO PSVR game you've played that was ever nominated for GOTY awards :lawl: 

There's an observable fact here... and that's the fact that you HAVEN'T PLAYED the PSVR games that you brag about. 

You're fake as fuck :mj: 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did you fail to read my post properly?

Read it again, looks like you misunderstood.

And the fact that this is the most noteworthy PC VR news should tell you something.

He's now so butthurt that's he's derailing his own thread to try and talk about me.

All because he got angry that I was talking about the VERY SUBJECT of his own thread :lawl::lawl:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere comes his butthurt with his tag-team partner

He's angry because I pointed out...............a fact.

Oh, this is the other major PC VR game, according to him.

jcQVvvV.png

What a powerhouse game.

The metacritic score isn't even the funniest part.................its the fact that there's only 13 critic reviews.

And that's with most of them being nothing more than blog websites.

Lone Echo II requires a top-of-the-line PC and was exclusive to Oculus Rift for the longest time (I think it still is?). It's not surprising not that many people played it.

I only heard good things about it though. 

Not sure what you expect out of the VR market. PSVR2 isn't going to set the world on fire either.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No.. PSVR didn't win any VR awards in 2021. :tom: 

Nope, you didn't make the year part of any condition.

PSVR has had more games win that award.

That's the challenged you made...........and it was answered.

And you lost.

Thanks for losing (again).

I almost connected my PSVR again the other day to play the 3 VR mission in Ace Combat 7 (exclusive to PS4 version) but it's not worth the hassle. Connecting that thing is just ridiculous. The cables drive me mad.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Lone Echo II requires a top-of-the-line PC and was exclusive to Oculus Rift for the longest time (I think it still is?). It's not surprising not that many people played it.

I only heard good things about it though. 

Not sure what you expect out of the VR market. PSVR2 isn't going to set the world on fire either.

PSVR2 already got RE4 remake in VR, and got RE8 VR announced for it.

Have you seen any such announced on any such games of that caliber from any studio or publisher on the level of Capcom, from the PC VR market?

Of course you haven't.

You're not understanding that Sony has made it much easier for those middle-tier third party developers who were ALREADY making a PS5 game, to add a VR mode to their game without having to worry about re-configuring graphics and performance issues.

Even that crying rubberdub, over there, knows that if he gets a port of a VR game from a real major third-party publisher, its because its a PSVR2 port in the next following years.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Nope, you didn't make the year part of any condition.

PSVR has had more games win that award.

That's the challenged you made...........and it was answered.

And you lost.

Thanks for losing (again).

Doesn't matter what year we pick.  Half Life Alyx is the best VR game ever made, and will remain that was, until lazy Valve makes one that's better :tom: 

And the last time you played your PSVR was 2018 :lawl:  Drunken Bar Fight! LOL :mj: 

Where's Astro bot?  Where's RE7?  Where's Moss 1 and 2?  Where's Beat Saber?  Where's Wipeout?  Where's Gran Turismo VR?

You talk a lot of BULLSHIT... you ain't played shit... and it's going to be hilarious watching you buy a PSVR2, and force yourself to play through Horizon Call of the Mountain so you can brag about it LOL :ovolol: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij said:

Doesn't matter what year we pick

because you still lose.

yes I know.:tom:

PC Gamer, all 18 of their staff members gave their own personal game of the year.

Half Life Alyx was named by NO ONE on the staff.

............of PC Gamer.com:lawl:

Just now, jehurey said:

yes I know.

:reg: 

You KNOW HL:A is the best VR game out.

And there you are again bragging about a mode in RE4 Remake, and RE8 VR.... except you never played RE7 VR... at all.  You didn't even play RE8 the original... LOL

You're expecting me to be jealous of games you're not even playing yourself? :drake: 

This idiot doesn't fucking get it:lawl: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

:reg: 

You KNOW HL:A is the best VR game out.

No, according to the people of PC Gamer.com....................it wasn't even notable enough to be named as ANY of their 18 staff member's best game of 2020.

And that's from an actual website of PAID journalists, and not a blog.

Oh man..........look how you are whittling down your own argument, I can literally track your desperation to get SOMETHING, ANYTHING, out of this.:tom:

Just now, jehurey said:

PSVR2 already got RE4 remake in VR, and got RE8 VR announced for it.

Have you seen any such announced on any such games of that caliber from any studio or publisher on the level of Capcom, from the PC VR market?

Of course you haven't.

You're not understanding that Sony has made it much easier for those middle-tier third party developers who were ALREADY making a PS5 game, to add a VR mode to their game without having to worry about re-configuring graphics and performance issues.

Even that crying rubberdub, over there, knows that if he gets a port of a VR game from a real major third-party publisher, its because its a PSVR2 port in the next following years.

I have no idea where you're going with that. Re-configuring graphics and performance is going to be harder with limited hardware capabilities of a console. 

If Capcom is supporting PSVR2 is because they want to make money from a new hot platform, expending their business and there's probably some incentive from Sony as well. Wouldn't be their first collab.

Capcom made RE4 exclusive on Metaquest and RE7 exclusive on PSVR before and it's certainly not because it was easier to port those game. So, this is nothing new.

Just now, Ramza said:

I have no idea where you're going with that. Re-configuring graphics and performance is going to be harder with limited hardware capabilities of a console. 

No.

Once they finalize how their game runs on the PS5 on regular flatscreen television, the PSVR2's eye-tracking foveated rendering is a guaranteed 2.8x-3.6x performance increase. This is coming straight from Unity's own press conference regarding the PSVR2 earlier this summer.

Are you understanding me what that actually means?

Lets say a game that run 30fps at or near 4K resolution, a traditional third party game. They can get it running on the PSVR2 to match the 90Hz of the headset, without having to tweak anything regarding graphics and performance.

specifically because of the baked-in eye-tracking foveated rendering, that Sony is implementing in the dev tools that go with the PS5.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LMFAO look at him make up some bullshit right here :lawl: 

The funny thing is... even if that was true he's just admitting that Sony will be accepting "VR modes" for games that weren't developed with it in mind... after he was bragging that developers would be making "from the ground up" games for PSVR2 :lawl: 

He's going to get a couple of Sony games... a couple of "VR side modes" and the rest is going to be PCVR and Quest 2 ports :mj: 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

Once they finalize how their game runs on the PS5 on regular flatscreen television, the PSVR2's eye-tracking foveated rendering is a guaranteed 2.8x-3.6x performance increase. This is coming straight from Unity's own press conference regarding the PSVR2 earlier this summer.

Lets say a game that run 30fps at or near 4K resolution, a traditional third party game. They can get it running on the PSVR2 to match the 90Hz of the headset, without having to tweak anything regarding graphics and performance.

specifically because of the baked-in eye-tracking foveated rendering, that Sony is implementing in the dev tools that go with the PS5.

Jesus fucking CHRIST this IDIOT :cruise: 

I've already heard some previewers complain that the PSVR2 was clearly doubling 60hz to 120hz and that it was juddery :lawl: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

Ok cool, I'm sure that means Capcom based their business choice entirely on that. 🙄

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Ok cool, I'm sure that means Capcom based their business choice entirely on that. 🙄

bubu UNITY was able to get their 30fps scenes to render at 60fps using foveated rendering + eyetracking!!!! :cries: 

This was one of the demos

Standard Stereo = 33.2ms (30fps)

Foveated rendering = 15.8ms (~63fps)

Foveated rendering + Eye Tracking 14.3ms (~66fps)

:lawl: 

Edited by Remij
12 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO look at him make up some bullshit right here :lawl: 

The funny thing is... even if that was true he's just admitting that Sony will be accepting "VR modes" for games that weren't developed with it in mind...

...which would still be head and shoulders better than what you're getting right now in the PC VR market.

I like how I'm "admitting" this................when that's the first thing I said whenever I talked about that Unity presentation months ago.

:tom:Poor guy, he really is trying to "find" something against me.

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Jesus fucking CHRIST this IDIOT :cruise: 

I've already heard some previewers complain that the PSVR2 was clearly doubling 60hz to 120hz and that it was juddery :lawl: 

he's literally screaming at his computer :hest:he's so angry and butthurt

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The only other possible explanation would be................they favor Sony and the Playstation platform, and simply consider the Playstation userbase to be a higher priority

That's an even worst-case scenario for PC VR losers hoping to second-hand scraps.

The fact that adding VR mode to a traditional flat-screen game EASILY, means that its not expensive in dev cost, and is therefore an easy business decision.

For those third-parties who sell $70 games that end up becoming $15 bargain bin games three months later, doing something like this will definitely help their game maintain more value.