Holy fuck it's huge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow it really is huge, but in a good way. It's like phone vs tablet, it's not as portable but its much more comfy to hold and navigate.   Also I can't get over how sharp the picture is. The

Microsoft shoulf have done the same it might have given them more luck in Japan.   I found the perfect mascot for the xbox brand      

pleasently surprised because I didn't expect it to arrive this soon, but I just got this bad boy in the mail   

Posted Images

Valve is ramping up Steam Deck production, Q4 shipments being processed.

https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-beats-its-steam-deck-production-estimates-as-q4-reservation-emails-go-out-today/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com

They're ramping up as they prepare for launch in Asian countries.  If Steam Deck takes off in Asia, that would be incredible.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Valve is ramping up Steam Deck production, Q4 shipments being processed.

https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-beats-its-steam-deck-production-estimates-as-q4-reservation-emails-go-out-today/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com

They're ramping up as they prepare for launch in Asian countries.  If Steam Deck takes off in Asia, that would be incredible.

lol yep, but if it doesn't, Steam Deck will still get 90% of Japanese games running perfectly.

4 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

lol yep, but if it doesn't, Steam Deck will still get 90% of Japanese games running perfectly.

For sure haha.

I will say though, they're definitely trying.  They're not going to have the production capability to fully penetrate the market and compete with Nintendo any time soon, but if they can establish a presence and get Japanese developers marketing their product... they could get there.

Just now, Remij said:

For sure haha.

I will say though, they're definitely trying.  They're not going to have the production capability to fully penetrate the market and compete with Nintendo any time soon, but if they can establish a presence and get Japanese developers marketing their product... they could get there.

yeah, and it would be better if the Deck had a large asian audience.  Genshin Impact could come to Steam, or at least get anticheat support. Games like FF7R2 could get a Deck-optimized mode.  In general more developers actually testing their games on the Deck will be important for the longevity of the system.

Just now, sugarhigh said:

yeah, and it would be better if the Deck had a large asian audience.  Genshin Impact could come to Steam, or at least get anticheat support. Games like FF7R2 could get a Deck-optimized mode.  In general more developers actually testing their games on the Deck will be important for the longevity of the system.

Yea, PC already gets 90% of shit from Japan, but Steam Deck taking off in Asian countries would essentially cement PC support.

Valve have already stated there will be future iterations, so a future smaller sized, more powerful Steam Deck would be perfect for Japan.

I mean, these motherfuckers even created this little mascot to appeal to Japanese gamers.. haha

steampal.png

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yea, PC already gets 90% of shit from Japan, but Steam Deck taking off in Asian countries would essentially cement PC support.

Valve have already stated there will be future iterations, so a future smaller sized, more powerful Steam Deck would be perfect for Japan.

I mean, these motherfuckers even created this little mascot to appeal to Japanese gamers.. haha

steampal.png

Microsoft shoulf have done the same it might have given them more luck in Japan.

I found the perfect mascot for the xbox brand :tom:

cute-poop-mascot-character-design-illust

• Geese 2
  • dead 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow it really is huge, but in a good way. It's like phone vs tablet, it's not as portable but its much more comfy to hold and navigate.

Also I can't get over how sharp the picture is. The screen is underrated as fuck, its not OLED but its extremely crisp and clear, looks way sharper than an 800p display would suggest.

• Upvote 2
  • aitch 2
2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Wow it really is huge, but in a good way. It's like phone vs tablet, it's not as portable but its much more comfy to hold and navigate.

Also I can't get over how sharp the picture is. The screen is underrated as fuck, its not OLED but its extremely crisp and clear, looks way sharper than an 800p display would suggest.

Jerry pwned again. Yes the screen is good. There's obvious places they could shrink the Deck. The bezel is pretty fat, the area around the speakers seems like it could be trimmed. But also it fits my hands perfectly and anything smaller is probably going to be less comfortable. Could def be lighter tho.

I still can't believe how sharp the display is. I had the chance to compare it to a Switch directly, with the switch you can tell your looking at a glass display, with the deck it looks so sharp it feels like you could reach your hand through. Its also far brighter and more vibrant on Deck. The games themselves are night and day, double the framerate and a much cleaner image on deck with higher settings.

I know you're gonna say "bu bu what about the oled" and sure maybe that would fix up the display of switch somewhat but you're still left with a blurry low res image. That requires buying a new switch though, the Decks display runs circles around the og Switch.

Basically, Jerry is full of shit :D

Edited by TLHBO
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

I still can't believe how sharp the display is. I had the chance to compare it to a Switch directly, with the switch you can tell your looking at a glass display, with the deck it looks so sharp it feels like you could reach your hand through. Its also far brighter and more vibrant on Deck. The games themselves are night and day, double the framerate and a much cleaner image on deck with higher settings.

I know you're gonna say "bu bu what about the oled" and sure maybe that would fix up the display of switch somewhat but you're still left with a blurry low res image. That requires buying a new switch though, the Decks display runs circles around the og Switch.

Basically, Jerry is full of shit :D

Are you comparing better looking native 800p game to non native game and using that to say the screen is better? Lol    of course better looking games will look better on the same class of screen. 

Obviously if your playing a non native game in portable its going to not look sharp.  But if you're playing a native 720p game on Switch in portable it will be sharp on the display, not much difference than a 800p native screen. 

The deck and the OG Switch display are literally in the same class of display despite the OG Switch being almost 6 years old. 

The knock against the deck screen is not that it's shit, because as you can see yourself it's perfectly fine.... it's that 6 years later they could have sourced a much better screen than that... It didn't necessarily have to be OLED.