GeForce Beyond: A Special Broadcast 9/20/2022 (Live Soon)

Nothing in that presser indicates a direction that would make sense for a new Switch. The DNA of the Tegra platform is in the embedded driverless car board, which is probably not reusable as a game console.

The 2nd half of the show is all about the "omniverse" and corporate applications for "mirroring" the real world. The big ideas were robotics, AI training, warehouse logistics, 5g tower coverage etc.

It doesn't seem like Nvidia is super interested in mainstream consumer 3D or low TDP apps. They're all about 3-slot, bleeding edge workstation hardware, cloud 3d and accelerating AI.

That 12GB "4080" is such a fucking embarrassment.. lmao.  That's their "we need a GPU under $1000.. let's bottleneck the fuck out of it" bullshit.. :tom: 

The other cards look good though.  That RC demo was pretty fucking awesome.

Interested in seeing what AMD has to offer.  I think they might be able to beat Nvidia in raster performance... but severely doubt they'll come anywhere close in RT performance.

DLSS3 seems pretty fucking awesome too.  Nvidia's pulling some trickery though.  REAL performance will be about 25-30% faster than previous gen depending on workload... but DLSS3 should greatly improve perceived fluidity beyond that, due to the generation of interpolated frames.

We all knew the prices were going to go up.  They've got 30 series rotting in warehouses they need to get rid of.. and they're not going to do that unless they price most people out of these GPUs...

1 hour ago, Remij said:

That 12GB "4080" is such a fucking embarrassment.. lmao.  That's their "we need a GPU under $1000.. let's bottleneck the fuck out of it" bullshit.. :tom: 

The other cards look good though.  That RC demo was pretty fucking awesome.

Interested in seeing what AMD has to offer.  I think they might be able to beat Nvidia in raster performance... but severely doubt they'll come anywhere close in RT performance.

DLSS3 seems pretty fucking awesome too.  Nvidia's pulling some trickery though.  REAL performance will be about 25-30% faster than previous gen depending on workload... but DLSS3 should greatly improve perceived fluidity beyond that, due to the generation of interpolated frames.

We all knew the prices were going to go up.  They've got 30 series rotting in warehouses they need to get rid of.. and they're not going to do that unless they price most people out of these GPUs...

They are on drugs if they think they’ll get someone like me to drop money on their 30 series cards. Going for that 4080 and if AMD offers better rasterization performance for cheaper I’ll jump ship :smoke: 

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

They are on drugs if they think they’ll get someone like me to drop money on their 30 series cards. Going for that 4080 and if AMD offers better rasterization performance for cheaper I’ll jump ship :smoke: 

Yea, just make sure you get the 16GB version.. please for the love of god.  That 12GB card is a joke.

• Upvote 1