Spider-Man Remastered was the #3 best selling game of August

https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-mans-steam-release-slings-it-to-third-best-selling-game-in-august?utm_source=twitter

Placed above Elden Ring and Multiversus

According to NPD analyst Mat Piscatella, Spider-Man was also the month's best-selling game across all tracked Steam titles, and was a key reason why the total market's PC content segment is up year-over year. This is also possibly for gamers hoping Sony might deliver more exclusives onto PC at some point in the future:

"Sony's PC ports have been strong performers," Piscatella says. "Looking at some recent history, God of War jumped from #146 on the December 2021 chart to #5 in January 2022 with the launch of its PC version, while Days Gone also had a big spike with its PC release, climbing to #20 on the May 2021 charts after ranking at #247 in April of that year. PC has been a fantastic platform for Sony not only in sales of the PC releases themselves, but also in how these releases have had a positive halo effect on the properties involved. Wins all around, really."

Seems like Sony's PC releases are having a positive effect on their IP overall.  Sony had a sale last week and all of their games jumped into the top 10.  God of War sold the most.. and you could even see the effect that the God of War: Ragnarok trailer had on PC sales of the first game.  Sony very obviously did that on purpose.. putting it on sale after the buildup of hype for the sequel.

They will do the exact same thing with The Last of Us Part 1 as well... capitalizing off the hype and interest in the show.. same with the upcoming Factions game, which could be multiplat right from the start.

They have Uncharted coming in October, presumably Miles Morales in November, and maybe Sackboy or Returnal in December... then TLOU Part 1 in the first quarter of 2023 I imagine.  They're going to have a very steady stream of PC content coming up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the entire buying power of the PC community.............. cares less about Sony exclusives than a shitty Saints Row release on consoles.   

Getting DLSS3     Nixxes said they're working on some other features as well.  Perhaps even higher RT settings.  

Why did you lie Jerry?      

So the entire buying power of the PC community...................is less than a shitty Saints Row release on consoles.

Aw well, at least we know that Jim Ryan clearly sees that he can charge $60 for ports and there will be people on the PC that will pay it.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So the entire buying power of the PC community...................is less than a shitty Saints Row release on consoles.

Aw well, at least we know that Jim Ryan clearly sees that he can charge $60 for ports and there will be people on the PC that will pay it.

So the entire buying power of the PC community.............. cares less about Sony exclusives than a shitty Saints Row release on consoles.  :tom: 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

So the entire buying power of the PC community.............. cares less about Sony exclusives than a shitty Saints Row release on consoles.  :tom: 

You just tried to use "buying power"..........which is an ability, to try and prove "caring".

Your own lame response doesn't even make sense.

But thanks for acknowledge and then re-confirming what I said about the "buying power" part.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You just tried to use "buying power"..........which is an ability, to try and prove "caring".

Your own lame response doesn't even make sense.

But thanks for acknowledge and then re-confirming what I said about the "buying power" part.

No... because the majority of people buying PC games aren't buying Sony games, idiot... and they don't care... like I said :drake: 

OMG that had to be explained to you :lawl: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

No... because the majority of people buying PC games aren't buying Sony games, idiot

Then what was the majority game that they bought on the PC for the month of August?

Looks at NPD list:

Oh, either Madden (highly unlikely), or Saints Row, which utterly defeats your own response :hest:

Imagine how much of a field day I'm going to have when he response "the games people buy on PC don't show up on the NPD list, IDIOT!":lemming:

Just now, jehurey said:

Then what was the majority game that they bought on the PC for the month of August?

Looks at NPD list:

Oh, either Madden (highly unlikely), or Saints Row, which utterly defeats your own response :hest:

Imagine how much of a field day I'm going to have when he response "the games people buy on PC don't show up on the NPD list, IDIOT!":lemming:

^ look at him trying to change his argument  :lawl: 

The majority of PC gamers don't give a shit about PS exclusives... and you hilariously got caught proving as much by trying to make a joke about it :tom: 

Oh and PLEASE act like Spider-Man is the best selling PC game this year :drake: 

^ look at him trying to change his argument  :lawl: 

The majority of PC gamers don't give a shit about PS exclusives..

then what game did they buy, that ACCORDING TO YOU, they bought in GREATER NUMBERS than Spiderman

Go ahead, and take a look at the NPD list, and then tell me which game on there it was.

I'll wait.

(LOL, his attempt to try and say that I'm trying to change the subject failed almost immediately)

Just now, jehurey said:

then what game did they buy, that ACCORDING TO YOU, they bought in GREATER NUMBERS than Spiderman

Go ahead, and take a look at the NPD list, and then tell me which game on there it was.

I'll wait.

(LOL, his attempt to try and say that I'm trying to change the subject failed almost immediately)

Hmmm, Elden Ring... for one :drake: 

Hmmm, Elden Ring... for one :drake: 

No, I said that NPD list..............that one right there for the month of august.

Did you see your OWN TOPIC headline?:hest:

I've literally got this guy running away from his own thread subject.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, I said that NPD list..............that one right there for the month of august.

Did you see your OWN TOPIC headline?:hest:

I've literally got this guy running away from his own thread subject.

You're a pretty big idiot aren't you? :drake: 

You said the "entire buying power of PC"....  I don't need to point to any game on any list.  It's a simple fact that PC gamers spent more money on other games than they did Spider-Man the month of August :danylol: 

Just now, Remij said:

You're a pretty big idiot aren't you? :drake: 

He's getting angry that I caught him, and have BITCHSLAPPED HIM to the point where he's running away from his own thread.

I'll ask once again...............let's see if you RUN AWAY AGAIN

You say that PC gamers are buying something in greater quantities than Spider-Man on the PC.

Okay, show it to me in that August NPD numbers.

I'll wait.

He's getting angry that I caught him, and have BITCHSLAPPED HIM to the point where he's running away from his own thread.

I'll ask once again...............let's see if you RUN AWAY AGAIN

You say that PC gamers are buying something in greater quantities than Spider-Man on the PC.

Okay, show it to me in that August NPD numbers.

I'll wait.

You're not changing what was said sweetie :reg: 

Sony's best games are selling 1-2 million on PC.... Other games have sold far more than that bub...  So CLEARLY it's not the "entire buying power of the PC community" :lemming: 

Edited by Remij
32 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're not changing what was said sweetie :reg:

SO in other words, you can't name me another game in August.

I love how I have you talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Spiderman is a big thing on PC......but at the same time, you're saying PC gamers don't really care much about it.

Its hilarious how I'm bitchslapping you like Faye Dunaway in Chinatown, you changing your answer with every slap.

:hest:

SO in other words, you can't name me another game in August.

I love how I have you talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Spiderman is a big thing on PC......but at the same time, you're saying PC gamers don't really care much about it.

Its hilarious how I'm bitchslapping you like Faye Dunaway in Chinatown, you changing your answer with every slap.

:hest:

No...  I said it's doing well for Sony...

You said PC gamers don't really care much about it :drake: 

Just now, Remij said:

No...  I said it's doing well for Sony...

actually, compared to previous sales of Spider-man, its doing below average.

Don't worry about Sony, they're used to their games selling better on their own console.

You tried to boast about its sales performance, as a boast about the PC market

Its too late for you to try and backtrack.  No point in you trying to lie out of this one.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

actually, compared to previous sales of Spider-man, its doing below average.

Don't worry about Sony, they're used to their games selling better on their own console.

You tried to boast about its sales performance, as a boast about the PC market

Its too late for you to try and backtrack.  No point in you trying to lie out of this one.

^ look at this idiot blathering about nothing :tom: 

^ look at this idiot blathering about nothing :tom: 

No, its pretty straightforward.

And you know that I caught you, and the entire point of your thread.

You're not making this thread to talk about how you feel about Sony.

You made this thread to try and boast about Spider-man, as it relates to the PC market.

And you know it.

And I made you backtrack and run away with my first post.:drake:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its pretty straightforward.

And you know that I caught you, and the entire point of your thread.

You're not making this thread to talk about how you feel about Sony.

You made this thread to try and boast about Spider-man, as it relates to the PC market.

And you know it.

And I made you backtrack and run away with my first post.:drake:

I am boasting about Spider-Man PC.  It's doing good for Sony.

What I'm NOT doing... is making stupidly retarded comments like "the entire buying power of the PC community" to describe it :drake: 

Idiot... you're getting just completely outclassed... try a new angle sweetie :tom: 

I am boasting about Spider-Man PC.  It's doing good for Sony.

actually it isn't

Like I said, Saints Row sold more.

And you literally said that PC gamers don't really care for it.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.............again

I love it when you are absolutely failing, while you attempt everything.:ben: