The Diofield Chronicle GS review - 5.0

It's not too bad so far. The combat system shows potential.

The dialogue delivery is really weird though I find.

It also looks like a PS3 game, is this on Switch because I see no reason why it wouldn't be? 

Two hours in, this game is fucking excellent. Really cool combat system. It almost plays like a classic top-down view RPG on PC but it still very much is a JRPG... if that makes any sense. At least the way you move the characters, skills usage have cooldowns and the ability to pause the real time combat at any time gives me vibes of WRPGs. Takes some time to learn the controls but once it clicks it's pretty satisfying. A bit too easy so far but I'm so early it's not worth mentioning yet.

Story, world, universe and characters... Everything here is pretty boring. Like I don't mind it because the pacing has been perfectr. No long winded cutscenes here. Straight to the fucking point, just how I like it, but the story overall package could have been better. Maybe I'll warm up to it, but I doubt that will happen. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Two hours in, this game is fucking excellent. Really cool combat system. It almost plays like a classic top-down view RPG on PC but it still very much is a JRPG... if that makes any sense. At least the way you move the characters, skills usage have cooldowns and the ability to pause the real time combat at any time gives me vibes of WRPGs. Takes some time to learn the controls but once it clicks it's pretty satisfying. A bit too easy so far but I'm so early it's not worth mentioning yet.

Story, world, universe and characters... Everything here is pretty boring. Like I don't mind it because the pacing has been perfectr. No long winded cutscenes here. Straight to the fucking point, just how I like it, but the story overall package could have been better. Maybe I'll warm up to it, but I doubt that will happen. 

I read that there are difficulty spikes that force you to spend a lot of time grinding. I think that could end up being one of the bigger issues with the game.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I read that there are difficulty spikes that force you to spend a lot of time grinding. I think that could end up being one of the bigger issues with the game.

I'm always reluctant to believe people's issues about difficulty spikes. Sometime the problem is how the player made some poor fucking choices on his upgrades and what not and not so much the game. I'll tell you if you I experience real bullshit difficulty spikes.