The Ayaneo Air looks like a better portable gaming PC than the Steam Deck

If I were to get one of these handheld PCs I would definitely go for this

Has WIndows out of the box, so you have access to every single PC game regardless of launcher/client right from the start 

Its much smaller and lighter making it more ideal as a portable device

The 1080p OLED screen absolutely shits all over the Deck's

Obviously its not as powerful so performance/visuals will be limited for Triple A games, but if the whole point of these systems is to play Indie games on the go, then this definitely succeeds at that role more than the Deck does

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's already having buyer's remorse for his Gayaneo Airhead.  

Its his own fault, look at this shit.     "These devices are only for indies" he tells us, then he chooses Days Gone and Cyberpunk as the first games he installs You can't make this

I might be going through a mid life crisis already but I just bought this shit  I've never had one of these devices so I think this would be fun to mess around with, and like I said in the other threa

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't know why you would want to go for a smaller screen and weaker hardware but okay. 

From the perspective of portability, I would fine with sacrificing some screen size for a much higher quality panel that the average indie game would look better on. Of course that would make it harder to play Triple A games that have a lot going on, but again thats not intended to be the focus of these devices.

Twinkie is such a hater :lul:

1080p is retarded on a handheld like this, and DF has Steamdeck outperforming this, and Steamdeck is just better value. Also Windows fucking blows on low power devices and isn't designed for this, you can't compare that to Valve customizing an OS specifically for a gaming device.

Its good that there is choice. I dont get why you're so determined to shit on the Deck. If you prefer Ayaneo then good for you go buy one (you wont).

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

From the perspective of portability, I would fine with sacrificing some screen size for a much higher quality panel that the average indie game would look better on. Of course that would make it harder to play Triple A games that have a lot going on, but again thats not intended to be the focus of these devices.

I have a capable laptop, but I only play when it's plugged in. Otherwise, the battery last like an hour, maybe two at best with a cheap looking indie game. Not to mention significantly reduced performance.

I have yet to have found a use for that. It's not like I'm constantly traveling and if I'm traveling chances are I don't have time for games. I don't understand you guys and why you care about portable shit to begin with. 

8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Twinkie is such a hater :lul:

1080p is retarded on a handheld like this, and DF has Steamdeck outperforming this, and Steamdeck is just better value. Also Windows fucking blows on low power devices and isn't designed for this, you can't compare that to Valve customizing an OS specifically for a gaming device.

Its good that there is choice. I dont get why you're so determined to shit on the Deck. If you prefer Ayaneo then good for you go buy one (you wont).

Again, the Ayaneo gives you more options and a better gaming experience for indie games, which is the main reason why these systems exist in the first place. As someone who already has a relatively powerful gaming pc for standard Triple A games, I see no reason why I would choose the Deck over the Air.

I wouldn't consider a non-Valve handheld until SteamOS is generally available. Windows just sucks to navigate without a keyboard/mouse. It's cool that Aya has hit a new level of portability tho. The future of handheld PCs is very exciting.

5 hours ago, Cooke said:

I wish steam deck was windows. 

Not happening.

Aside from the fact that Windows 10 is a bloated, slow, bug ridden pile of shit, the fact is that its someone elses operating system. Valve would never have control over the operating system on their own device if they put Windows on there by default and is its not free and open source they can't modify it to better fit the hardware either.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo all use their own OS on their systems. Apple has ios and Mac for their own hardware. Android and Windows are the odd ones out, but Android is open so it makes sense and windows is only there because of their monopoly. For gaming devices most hardware manufactuers use their own OS.

Thats why Ayaneo is now working on Ayaneo OS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPF_LdqT6A

You can hear him talk about it here from 1:46 onwards. He rags on winblows :D but really it sounds like they have had a lot of problems 'making Windows fit' and they want a sleek custom solution like SteamOS so they're going the Linux route too.

Basically get used to this. I can understand that for people who frequently use other storefronts it can be a pain they just want that full game compatibility but its just growing pains, the more it grows then the more support it will get. Things are only awkward right now because companies like Epic or Bungie refuse to put out official clients or anti-cheat. They could fix this overnight if they actually wanted to.

I might be going through a mid life crisis already but I just bought this shit :hest: I've never had one of these devices so I think this would be fun to mess around with, and like I said in the other thread I would mainly be using it for smaller indie games so I wouldn't mind the weaker hardware compared to the deck.

There's a bunch of different SKUs and they're definitely on the pricier side. The base model only has 8gb of RAM and a 128gb drive so I upgraded to the next edition above which has 16gb and 256gb respectively - and that came out to $570.

• Ben 2
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

they probably use the same chinese manufacturers as Valve does.

at least the steam dreck doesn't sound like an air conditioner 

Edited by kaz
45 minutes ago, Remij said:

You can't make this shit up :tom: 

After making a thread mocking Hermits for spending $400+ on the Steam Deck "to play indie games".... this motherfucker goes out and spends $500+ to play..... indie games :tom: 

Vampire Survivors is basically a $4 SNES game. One of the first games I plan on using the Aya for will be Trails of Zero, which is a much more substantial game that still works very well on a handheld.

edit: Ill admit you have a point because I am technically backtracking in a sense.....so ill accept that i've been half owned, but no more than that :mjpls: