LOL there's a rumor that Sony are remastering Horizon Zero Dawn for PS5, and coming with a new Horizon MP game for PS5/PC

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Isn't this game backward compatible with enhancements already on PS5 and isn't this already on PC? 

Needless remaster

Yea I don't really understand it.

The ONLY thing I can see is that they're simply putting/keeping people at work while they get the next project going and ready for production.  Maybe this is a way to keep them busy?  It could just be a $10 remaster with the new Aloy model and improved NPCs and graphical touches... but they could also be using the MP game as a way to charge more than that.  It could be a "buy this MP game and get a free update to Zero Dawn on PS5" type thing.

Shame.. there's so many other games Sony have that could use remasters. :jordan3:

Would be friggin annoying but just like TLOU Remake this is no doubt a decision based on their tv ventures (which is annoying how much this is influencing their game resource decisions). The huge game sale spikes from game tv shows lately are too much to ignore for them and horizon will be getting a netflix show when this will be out. 

A remake for a game that still looks great and it only 5 years old.

And a multiplayer Horizon standalone game for a series that was praised for its single player campaign. 

Yep, Sony has gone full retard.  

Can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima remake and God of War Online: Battle Royale coming out next year.

I don't understand the hostile reaction to this. First I really want MP Horizon. Killzone 2 and 3 had an amazing MP package, and I've been waiting for Guerilla to get back to those strengths. As for the remake, again who fucking cares? Why isn't it better to have a better version of the game? If they can easily port the PC enhancements to PS5, why not do it? If you already played it and you think it's "too early" for an enhanced version, dont play it. Wtf.

Edited by sugarhigh
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

I don't understand the hostile reaction to this. First I really want MP Horizon. Killzone 2 and 3 had an amazing MP package, and I've been waiting for Guerilla to get back to those strengths. As for the remake, again who fucking cares? Why isn't it better to have a better version of the game? If they can easily port the PC enhancements to PS5, why not do it? If you already played it and you think it's "too early" for an enhanced version, dont play it. Wtf.

Because by that approach Horizon would have never been made and we would get a remake of Killzone Shadowfall instead. 

Just now, Ramza said:

Because by that approach Horizon would have never been made and we would get a remake of Killzone Shadowfall instead. 

This is not the effort required for a new game, let alone a new original concept. I mean flip your own point around: we got Shadowfall as a launch title (more than a KZ3 remaster) AND Horizon on PS4.

Sony making PC ports and Sony making remasters are very connected productions.

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

This is not the effort required for a new game, let alone a new original concept. I mean flip your own point around: we got Shadowfall as a launch title (more than a KZ3 remaster) AND Horizon on PS4.

Sony making PC ports and Sony making remasters are very connected productions.

Maybe but this is what you're getting, and this is what a part of the resources and manpower are spent on. A worthless remake and a multiplayer cash-in. 

Horizon is already on PC, no one was asking for a remake, PC nor Playstation. 

If the sequel is proving popular (its being packaged with the PS5, after all) there may be people who haven't played the first game.

Theoretically, they can play the first game for free, because (unless they've changed this) you get like 12 free PS4 games with your PS5 purchase through PSN+

I dunno, maybe they do that anymore.

But, I bet the way the sequel was made, they recreated every single type of object in the first Horizon game, they can probably replace all the assets in the first game with PS5 assets, and quickly rebuild the overworld assets rather quickly.

So, Horizon 2 has a PS4 and PS5 version.

Therefore Horizon 1 has a PS4 and PS5 version.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Guerilla is trying to split their development group to have a permanent group always working on Horizon.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Maybe but this is what you're getting, and this is what a part of the resources and manpower are spent on. A worthless remake and a multiplayer cash-in. 

Horizon is already on PC, no one was asking for a remake, PC nor Playstation. 

It's already better on PC than PS4, so if you got a PS5 you should have an option to get the best version. We'll see if the MP is a cash-in. KZ2 and 3 online were great. Shadowfall was a good package, but a mediocre game.

I really doubt this remake is taking away from whatever will be Guerilla's next AAA project. I don't think there's any reason to believe Last of Us had on PS4 took away from 1.5 Uncharted games and tlou2.