Would you rather play all video games at 480p or all games at 30 FPS?

?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• 480p
    • 30fps

I value FPS more but 480p is just garbage.

I game at 1080p which should be the bare minimum in 2022, most of my games run in the 80-90 FPS range with vsync on and 144hz refresh rate, which is really smooth. Next laptop I'm going with a 1440p screen, still far from 4k but good enough for me. I'll run my games in the 120fps range with even higher refresh rate. 

Fun fact, when I was playing the last Guilty Gear with Jonb I had a bug at launch that forced the game in 720p. You may think 720p is not that bad but there's night and day difference with 1080p. The jaggies from low resolution and shit, it was disgusting. As I've said, 1080p is bare minimum. 

35 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Have fun playing battlefield at 30fps

You wouldn't even be able to make out enemies at a distance at 480p :ben: Many people don't realize it but resolution does actually have an impact on gameplay just like framerate, BF is one of the biggest examples of this.

• dead 1
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You wouldn't even be able to make out enemies at a distance at 480p :ben: Many people don't realize it but resolution does actually have an impact on gameplay just like framerate, BF is one of the biggest examples of this.

Definitely. Draw distance too.