Who are your fav vidja characters?

I thought about this and while there are so many chars that I like my brain always warps to James Sunderland and I'm like "yea, makes sense" 

and 

- Recter from shadowrun: hong kong:

tumblr_inline_oxv7claQg61rd9n6b_1280.jpg

really well written. the guy is russian too, kinda like an aza but cool. 

- Scotchmo from Wasteland 2 recently makes me laugh, he's a drunken fool, mourning the death of his wife thus drinking heavily. He's delirious and says funny shit all the time 

"These are not my pants, who shit in my pants" :D 

nsc_scotchmo_portrait.jpg

and maybe all characters from planescape: torment. 😎

Edited by kaz
16 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Actually these are my three favorite game characters

1. The guy driving the car in Forza

2. Master Chief

3. Marcus Fenix

Pretty much the only 3 choices you had but shout out to the runners up: Voodoo Vince, Blinx, generic pirate from Sea of Thieves, fat woman from bleeding edge, and kid from grounded.

Hmm. That's a tough question. A lot of my favorite characters aren't exactly well written characters, I just really love their character designs. I feel like that applies to most video games actually. Even RPGs tend to stick with tropes instead of actually creating fully realized characters. Sure, you could find examples but they are few and far between.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Hmm. That's a tough question. A lot of my favorite characters aren't exactly well written characters, I just really love their character designs. I feel like that applies to most video games actually. Even RPGs tend to stick with tropes instead of actually creating fully realized characters. Sure, you could find examples but they are few and far between.

I know it's a tough question and I don't mean particularly well written ones, just the ones you enjoy, hero or villain. There are many more I like of course, I mean I like Cait Sith and that little shit doesn't even have much "screen time" in the game.

Or recently I played Alan Wake (god forgive me), it's without the doubt the worst game I have ever played, a story driven game without a story that goes nowhere but i loved that one character.

That goofy fucker that is apparently Wake's manager but does absolutely jack shit and is just useless in every regard. The guy made the game much more enjoyable to get away from the nonsense story.

Idk, maybe I'm the only true gamer left on SW to care about such things. :topo:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I knew what you meant. It's just your question sparked a train of thought in me that made me realize a lot of my favorite characters are actually pretty simple.

Just a few examples- Jill Valentine, HUNK, Hotsuma, Virgil, Ryu Hayabusa, Baiken, 2B, Beyond the Grave (Yes, that's actually the characters name LOL), Alucard, Solid Snake, Geralt of Rivia... With the exception of Solid Snake and Geralt who I find to be pretty well written characters, the rest of them are pretty vanilla and shallow.

• Like 1

I didn't feel very inspired the last time I posted itt for some reason. 

On top of my head:

Geese (King of Fighters) :geese: 

Frank West (Dead Rising)

Francis York Morgan (Deadly Premonition)

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

Mr. House (Fallout: New Vegas)

Postal Dude (Postal 2)

Doom Slayer (DOOM)

Magus (Chrono Trigger)

Ryu, M. Bison (Street Fighter)

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur)

Duke Nukem

The entire cast of Killer 7

Almost the entire cast of Final Fantasy VI 

Almost the entire cast of Xenogears

And some recent games that have played had a few noticeably well-written characters, not favorite of all time but I loved them:

Bestia Tabat, Syneros (Expeditions: Rome)

Andrias (The DioField Chronicle)

That's it for now.

• Like 1