The Nintonto Switch came out in 2017

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Xbox Series came out less than 24 months ago, and it has no games, and we're now hearing that developers don't want to develop for it.

What happened?:tom:

Honestly, I was thinking at work earlier last week... it's pretty sad that we're 2 years into the gen and none of these games are out yet:

Forza Motorsport

Hellblade 2

Perfect Dark

Fable

No Starfield yet either

It's been a fucking wasteland...

No games using mesh shaders, or sampler feedback streaming...  No Xbox games with sick ray tracing features... No Minecraft RT for Xbox yet... shit was cancelled..

Like jesus christ...

What's going on with The Coalition's game?  Let's see it.  How about new things?

Literally nothing for 2 years :cosby2: 

25 minutes ago, Remij said:

Honestly, I was thinking at work earlier last week... it's pretty sad that we're 2 years into the gen and none of these games are out yet:

Forza Motorsport

Hellblade 2

Perfect Dark

Fable

No Starfield yet either

It's been a fucking wasteland...

No games using mesh shaders, or sampler feedback streaming...  No Xbox games with sick ray tracing features... No Minecraft RT for Xbox yet... shit was cancelled..

Like jesus christ...

What's going on with The Coalition's game?  Let's see it.  How about new things?

Literally nothing for 2 years :cosby2: 

And what is going to happen is.. When those games do come.. They will disappoint because expectations will be so high because of drought of games from MS. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

And what is going to happen is.. When those games do come.. They will disappoint because expectations will be so high because of drought of games from MS. 

No, the expectations wont be high because of a drought of games from MS... they will be high because by then Sony will have started their ACTUAL next gen output...

Once Spider-Man 2 hits... which I'm going to consider Sony's first true next gen game... it's going to make most of these games look positively last gen...

I think Spider-Man 2 is going to blow away everything else when it releases.

The only studio I can see from MS coming anywhere close is The Coalition.  I'm sure Fable will look nice, and Hellblade 2 will look amazing, but it will still be a smaller in scope game I bet. 

I would love to be wrong about it... but once Sony starts getting these PS5 only next gen games out.. it's going to make MS' job a lot harder.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, the expectations wont be high because of a drought of games from MS... they will be high because by then Sony will have started their ACTUAL next gen output...

Once Spider-Man 2 hits... which I'm going to consider Sony's first true next gen game... it's going to make most of these games look positively last gen...

I think Spider-Man 2 is going to blow away everything else when it releases.

The only studio I can see from MS coming anywhere close is The Coalition.  I'm sure Fable will look nice, and Hellblade 2 will look amazing, but it will still be a smaller in scope game I bet. 

I would love to be wrong about it... but once Sony starts getting these PS5 only next gen games out.. it's going to make MS' job a lot harder.

Ratchet was Sony's first next gen game.... But I agree with everything else.

MS will be playing catch up. 

My theory is Nintendo planned to release a more powerful Switch along with the OLED screen but COVID and the worldwide chip shortage put them behind schedule. Guessing a new one next holiday with the new mainline Mario at launch. 

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

My theory is Nintendo planned to release a more powerful Switch along with the OLED screen but COVID and the worldwide chip shortage put them behind schedule. Guessing a new one next holiday with the new mainline Mario at launch. 

How much of an upgrade its going to be is what I want to know. Like is it even going to significantly outperform the steam deck? They're gonna aim for a low-price range.

46 minutes ago, Ramza said:

How much of an upgrade its going to be is what I want to know. Like is it even going to significantly outperform the steam deck? They're gonna aim for a low-price range.

Well, this is where I'm kinda glad that nvidia roped Nintendo back in 2016/2017.

Nvidia has no "older" GPU architecture being manufactured.

I think the oldest architecture they would still manufacture is Ampere-based. So Nintendo doesn't really have an option.

However, nvidia may be trying to price their shit too high, because of the recent two years of in-demand inflation of their video cards, they may telling Nintendo "we need to be charging you at the same rate, per graphics core, as we are with our bigger GPUs." And Nintendo may be trying to push back against that. May be why they decided to hold off on the Switch 2.

But nvidia has Nintendo locked into their hardware, into their development tools. Nintendo would have to rebuild from scratch, at this point, if they decide to leave nvidia.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Well, this is where I'm kinda glad that nvidia roped Nintendo back in 2016/2017.

Nvidia has no "older" GPU architecture being manufactured.

I think the oldest architecture they would still manufacture is Ampere-based. So Nintendo doesn't really have an option.

However, nvidia may be trying to price their shit too high, because of the recent two years of in-demand inflation of their video cards, they may telling Nintendo "we need to be charging you at the same rate, per graphics core, as we are with our bigger GPUs." And Nintendo may be trying to push back against that. May be why they decided to hold off on the Switch 2.

But nvidia has Nintendo locked into their hardware, into their development tools. Nintendo would have to rebuild from scratch, at this point, if they decide to leave nvidia.

The carpet being pulled too on most 3000 series cards. Probably could see 3060 type performance which would be more than fine for hybrid console doing 1080p. 

56 minutes ago, Ike said:

The carpet being pulled too on most 3000 series cards. Probably could see 3060 type performance which would be more than fine for hybrid console doing 1080p. 

I'd probably say something along the lines of a 3050, if one existed. Or just below 3060.

But hopefully, every newest iterations of DLSS and newest tensor core so that they could also do frame generation.

And if they were smart, just make the damn OLED or LCD screen work with built in VRR at all times. With Low-Framerate Compensation to help assist OLED whenever VRR drops into lower framerates.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I'd probably say something along the lines of a 3050, if one existed. Or just below 3060.

But hopefully, every newest iterations of DLSS and newest tensor core so that they could also do frame generation.

And if they were smart, just make the damn OLED or LCD screen work with built in VRR at all times. With Low-Framerate Compensation to help assist OLED whenever VRR drops into lower framerates.

No way a portable GPU in a handheld gets close to a 3060 or ''3050''. Or I'm grossly overestimating what a 3060 can do. 

5 hours ago, Ramza said:

No way a portable GPU in a handheld gets close to a 3060 or ''3050''. Or I'm grossly overestimating what a 3060 can do. 

no way. I can see it doing good 1080 fidelity with dlss 2/3 but 3060 level performance nah. steamdeck is not even there and that shit huge :sabu:

• Upvote 1