Microsoft misses Xbox Game Pass subscriber target for second year

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

"Game Pass achieved 28% growth for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022, but the target was 73% growth rate. This fell short of a target tied to the pay of CEO Satya Nadella and other top executives. This is the second year in a row Game Pass has missed the growth target (37% actual vs 48% goal), having exceeded the target in 2020 (86% actual vs 71% goal)."

:feelsbadman:

• Haha 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

"Game Pass achieved 28% growth for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022, but the target was 73% growth rate. This fell short of a target tied to the pay of CEO Satya Nadella and other top executives. This is the second year in a row Game Pass has missed the growth target (37% actual vs 48% goal), having exceeded the target in 2020 (86% actual vs 71% goal)."

:feelsbadman:

not a grower or a shower :feelsbadman:

• Haha 1

If they couldn’t hit it in 2020 when the world basically stayed at home jacking off and playing video games for the entire year what chance do they have now.

:mj:

Edited by Cell
  • dead 1

Plain and simple, their first party studios are failing them.  If they actually had these games ready in a timely manner, then subs would be much higher.  People don't want to sub for an upcoming game and then it gets delayed for a year...

Ultimately this is a failure of Phil Spencer to have these teams properly managed.  I wonder if he will hold himself accountable instead of just saying they've reached the peak of people who want to subscribe on console?

• Like 1
Just now, Remij said:

Plain and simple, their first party studios are failing them.  If they actually had these games ready in a timely manner, then subs would be much higher.  People don't want to sub for an upcoming game and then it gets delayed for a year...

Ultimately this is a failure of Phil Spencer to have these teams properly managed.  I wonder if he will hold himself accountable instead of just saying they've reached the peak of people who want to subscribe on console?

he will hold himself accountable by giving himself a holiday bonus :viktor:

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Cell said:

If they couldn’t hit it in 2020 when the world basically stayed at home jacking off and playing video games for the entire year what chance do they have now.

:mj:

You misread it.  They hit their target in 2020... But missed it for 21 and 22.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

That was his spin for his boss, the CEO of MS....remember his boss didn't get a bonus either because GP missed the target... So Phil has to spin it as saturation... When it was actually lack of compelling content. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All the fucking moronic Lemtards thinking Gamepass was the end of regular softwares sales, and everyone would have to adopt Microdick unprofitable market strategy to survive.................. I told you so, you stupid fucks. :kaz:   Sony didn't even had to react to this, Nintendo even less.

The best deal in gaming that none one wanted. :D This is their entire market strategy right there and it only accounts to %15 of their software revenue. :D 

Most retarded company of all time.

• dead 1
2 hours ago, Remij said:

No they are failing first party studios. All of them were better before becoming MS first party

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

vini  :hest:

That dumbass is wrong about everything. I swear. :D 

Exclusive CoD and Gamepass, Xbox gonna win!11 :adhd: 

I can't believe we posted on SW long enough to finally see one of the original factions being absolutely and utterly defeated.

I'm making it official. Xbox is dead. Lemmings are a dead faction. 

• Geese 2
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Remi....remi remi remi. What the fuck. We've been laughing at lemkids for like 10 years over this. 

spacer.png

:-*

Edited by Cell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • dead 1

LBox is living on borrowed time. How long do you guys think Phil can keep stringing Satya on with this bullshit? If GamePass keeps missing growth targets I think they will pull the plug eventually. If GamePass is gone then Xbox is fucked.

I remember when lemshits were saying that Sony should follow this losing model. Sony dodged a bullet by not copying the retards at MS putting all their games in a service day and date. This bullshit is definitely not sustainable and I don’t care what Phil says.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Cell said:

Remi....remi remi remi. What the fuck. We've been laughing at lemkids for like 10 years about this. 

spacer.png

:-*

I'm referring specifically to their inability to get things done and launched in a timely manner more than the quality of the games themselves :ben:

I really like a lot of Xbox Game Studios games.  Forza, Gears, Halo, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct... a lot of the PC franchises are awesome, Starfield will be great.

But man, their management is terrible.  It's just undeniable.  2 fucking years and no first party next gen only games yet... like WTF?! lol

Between Sony pushing their feminist agenda with their games and MS just buying devs to not do shit, we are fucked.

Incredibly, Nintendo is saving the gaming industry, but not without their rehashing of franchises.

Nope, we are fucked.

Wish we could have that small B support that carried on the PS2,Xbox and GC era. 

Tons of great games.

• NPC 1
1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Between Sony pushing their feminist agenda with their games and MS just buying devs to not do shit, we are fucked.

Incredibly, Nintendo is saving the gaming industry, but not without their rehashing of franchises.

Nope, we are fucked.

Wish we could have that small B support that carried on the PS2,Xbox and GC era. 

Tons of great games.

Malakius get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. 

The day MS came out and praised the muckleshoot for filming a video on there ancient land was the day you never got to play that card again. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nope, we are fucked.

Tons of great games.

Just get a PC. 

But remember, this period if from June 2021 to June 2022.

Forza Horizon 5 released in Nov 2021.

Halo Infinite released in Dec 2021.

And during the first half of 2022, all Xbox owners were being told "Yes, Starfield is coming by the end of 2022."

So we can't really use the excuse of "first-party delays" as the reason for lack of growth.

These people aren't buying month-to-month renewals............they would prepay an entire year.

Forza and Halo didn't help move the needle during second-half of 2021.

We are not in the "people are just discovering about this hot new service!" phase. GamePass should have already had serious momentum now.

Starfield is not going to cause an explosion in subscriptions.

Edited by jehurey