GoW Ragnarok reviews tomorrow - what we thinkin score wise? (edit: 9 at GS/10 at IGN)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last Xbox exclusive to score 94 or above was Halo 3 in 2007   The last PC exclusive to score 94 or above was Baldurs Gate 2 in 2000   Absolute loser platforms 

Spoiler: It's a PS4 game

God of War Ragnarok’s massive success has got lemshits and lemshit fakeboys hiding behind PC feeling some kind of way since the reviews dropped. Who knew one game could cause so many meltdowns? Were y

Posted Images

GS - 9

IGN - 9.5 

Meta - 91

It's gonna be better than the first in every way but reviews will focus on the fact that it isn't the same leap as the last one and the fact that it being cross gen is holding it back in noticable parts (Hidden loading sections like squeezing through walls, etc)

Reviewers will find a way to overrate it. Im sure it'll still be good but I really have no interest in playing the game at the moment, especially after reading that it takes over 50 hours to do most of the content. I really don't know why they turned GoW of all franchises into yet another bloated open world experience when there are so many of those games already.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Reviewers will find a way to overrate it. Im sure it'll still be good but I really have no interest in playing the game at the moment, especially after reading that it takes over 50 hours to do most of the content. I really don't know why they turned GoW of all franchises into yet another bloated open world experience when there are so many of those games already.

Meh, the first was probably like 30-40 if you do all the content.

Trick is, like with most open world games, to not do most of the extra stuff.

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

But... you don't HAVE to do most of the content.

To be honest... half the shit you did in GoW 2018 was grindy bullshit.  You literally aren't forced to do any of that shit.. and then it becomes a ~20 hour cinematic focused action adventure game.

Just now, Ike said:

Normal mode and just doing the main story :lawd:

Yeah.  I mean for me personally, I loved even the grindy shit about GoW 2018.  Because I loved playing that game.  I plat'd it twice lol.  GoW:R sounds like music to my ears.

But it's not for everyone.  The grindy shit can be entirely ignored with no consequence to the story.

16 minutes ago, Casual said:

Meh, the first was probably like 30-40 if you do all the content.

Trick is, like with most open world games, to not do most of the extra stuff.

~60h if you do it on Give me God of War difficulty lol.. and that was me playing through it a second time knowing what to do.

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

But... you don't HAVE to do most of the content.

To be honest... half the shit you did in GoW 2018 was grindy bullshit.  You literally aren't forced to do any of that shit.. and then it becomes a ~20 hour cinematic focused action adventure game.

Even if you ignore the side content the open world DNA is still very much present in the game. Everything from the pacing, to the set pieces, puzzle design, how combat/gameplay features are gated, etc. I just prefer the laser focused design of the original 3 games.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Even if you ignore the side content the open world DNA is still very much present in the game. Everything from the pacing, to the set pieces, puzzle design, how combat/gameplay features are gated, etc. I just prefer the laser focused design of the original 3 games.

Ehhhhhh... I'm not sure I agree with that too much.  I mean the game funnels you through every realm you enter.  The only hub is Midgard and it's not even really that big.

32 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ehhhhhh... I'm not sure I agree with that too much.  I mean the game funnels you through every realm you enter.  The only hub is Midgard and it's not even really that big.

The individual levels aren’t as well designed though. Just think back to all the elaborate puzzles the original games had, those weren’t anywhere to be found in GoW 2018 and I expect the same from this one.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The individual levels aren’t as well designed though. Just think back to all the elaborate puzzles the original games had, those weren’t anywhere to be found in GoW 2018 and I expect the same from this one.

I agree with you that the level design in the old games completely shits on the new games.  I love how they were like massive puzzle boxes.

But that doesn't mean that what's here is bad either.  It's just different.  They wanted to do something different with this arc of the series.. and they made the right call, because the old style was getting a bit long in the tooth by the end of Ascension.

I do think that a mixture of the two styles would be the perfect type of game though.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Remij said:

I agree with you that the level design in the old games completely shits on the new games.  I love how they were like massive puzzle boxes.

But that doesn't mean that what's here is bad either.  It's just different.  They wanted to do something different with this arc of the series.. and they made the right call, because the old style was getting a bit long in the tooth by the end of Ascension.

I do think that a mixture of the two styles would be the perfect type of game though.

I would be ok with different if it was something new and fresh, but it follows the typical open world template, which made it less compelling to me.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to GoW Ragnarok reviews tomorrow - what we thinkin score wise? (edit: 9 at GS/10 at IGN)