[Forbes] PlayStation Is Still A Hit Machine While Xbox Hasn’t Even Started Catching Up

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/11/04/playstation-is-still-a-hit-machine-while-xbox-hasnt-even-started-catching-up

"God of War Ragnarok has done the impossible. It’s arrived and matched the astronomically high scores of God of War 2018, a 94 on Metacritic, rarified air in the video game space, where only a few series have ever reached.

Microsoft’s Xbox, which excelling in the subscription value space with Xbox Game Pass, still has yet to not just match this, but really even start attempting to match this. They went an entire generation without many meaningful exclusive titles, and I’d argue none on the level of Sony’s offerings. The best exclusives for Xbox across two generations now have been Forza titles, and those are heavily reliant on players liking the racing genre in the first place.

Microsoft clearly recognized this was a problem, and starting buying up studios left and right in order to produce hits like Sony. This is not a dunk, Microsoft has literally stated many, many times that they know this is a shortcoming with Xbox, and they are taking steps to correct that.

The problem is that this is…not going very well so far."

:hest:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

When even the mainstream casuals call you on the fact that you have nothing to offer but Forza. :kaz: 

Halo has been completely forgotten. What a beautiful day.  :pavarotti:

guess what, they added a patch to FORZA!!

Looks like lemmings have their game to play during this winter.

• NPC 1
  • dead 1
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Jesus dude.. In every thread you make that same comment.  :viktor:

i know, he can't himself

he derails every single thread to try to talk about me.

Hot Sauce even moved his post one to make it very clear that the thread derails from the very moment he starts to talk about me.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i know, he can't himself

he derails every single thread to try to talk about me.

Hot Sauce even moved his post one to make it very clear that the thread derails from the very moment he starts to talk about me.

LOL Gouko had to come in to give you a pitty assist :lawl:

"bubu Rem why are you picking on Jerky in every thread about games? :cry:"

Play a game you stupid fuck:cruise: 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Tell your boy to play a fucking game then :mj: 

@bhytre tell your boy to stop crying like a little bitch, about me.

oh wait........we need a third lemming to tell the both of you, that

1 minute ago, Remij said:

go cry somewhere else.

you being a bitch isn't anybody else's problem. thats your problem

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

@bhytre tell your boy to stop crying like a little bitch, about me.

oh wait........we need a third lemming to tell the both of you, that

go cry somewhere else.

you being a bitch isn't anybody else's problem. thats your problem

LOL he's trying to copy me.... but that won't work for him as soon as I start playing a game :rofl: :rofls: 

Just now, Remij said:

LOL he's trying to copy me..

after he tried doing that in another thread

oh man, he's absolutely failing on every level:lawl:

i love how he couldn't respond to the fact that he does derail thread to cry about me.........so he just went back to crying about me some more. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

after he tried doing that in another thread

oh man, he's absolutely failing on every level:lawl:

i love how he couldn't respond to the fact that he does derail thread to cry about me.........so he just went back to crying about me some more. LOL

He can't even quote an entire post of mine.... which makes it REALLY easy to spot the exact moment his butt gets huert and he stards crying  :lawl: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

He can't

stop laughing at you crying and talking about you derailing thread

all because you don't like the topic of the thread

like in this case xbox being a complete failure to deliver exciting games, while playstation is crushing them

gee i wonder if he will actually stay on subject..........or cry about me like a little bitch?:bena:

Just now, jehurey said:

stop laughing at you crying and talking about you derailing thread

all because you don't like the topic of the thread

like in this case xbox being a complete failure to deliver exciting games, while playstation is crushing them

gee i wonder if he will actually stay on subject..........or cry about me like a little bitch?:bena:

Sony failed to get you to play any of their big games through of your own volition this year :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: 

This entire forum laughs at how much of a stupid retarded hypocrite you are :mj:

Gouko feels so bad for you he comes in to try to give you a set up.. but you fail to take advantage of it.. just like you fail to complete any game you start too :omglol:

They're *not* going to address it because their acquisitions double-down on the problem: franchise milking.

MS are the worst of the 1st parties in milking franchises. They assemble teams with the only task of continuing a franchise forever. What is 343 without Halo? What is The Coalition without Gears of War. The talented people at these studios can never bring an original idea to life unless it can be wrapped around a Master Chief side story. They're stuck tending to an IP the original creators long abandoned. This is the stagnation of culture. This is pure commerce.

We already know MS is trying to do the same thing with Fable and Perfect Dark. Two franchises nobody is even asking for. When the dust settles on the Xbox acquisition spree, it'll come down to like 6 important franchises and a lot of smaller teams shut down.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This has been the case for years but lemmings cant see it. The problems started in the 360 days, Microsoft just doesn't *get* gaming. They went off chasing that Wii market with kinnecg and thought gamers would be satisfied with HALOGEARSFORZA ever year, and a few of us called it out back then but I dont think everyone understood the extent of the problem. Fast forward to the XBO era and the third party games started to dry up, shit like Fable and Rare flopped out entirely and you could see Microsodt was still expecting gamers to be satisified playing the same Halo, gears and forza rehashes every year. Whem Gears and Halo flopped out too because the devs got bored of rehashing and left, this is what you end up with - forza every year....and now in 2022 they dont even have that!

Microsoft does not know how to run a gaming division so its absurd that lemmings want them to buy out all publishers and run the industry. These are people who would rather see gaming dead than not have their favourite trillion dollar corporation in first place. Fucking tools.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1