Official GOW thread (for those playing it - no spam)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man the combat in this game sucks ass.

About 3 hours in.  It's fucking goooood 

Beat it. Last 10 hours were great. No idea why they thought this needed to be a 20+ hour game, especially with how fast things progress in the last couple hours compared to the slow fucking slog of th

Posted Images

There's only one thing I don't like, and it's kinda minor.. at least for the moment.  Atreus could shut the fuck up and not basically suggest you the answer to every puzzle if you stop playing for a sec :D 

Oh, and Thor's character design and actor are fucking perfect :aitch: 

32 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's only one thing I don't like, and it's kinda minor.. at least for the moment.  Atreus could shut the fuck up and not basically suggest you the answer to every puzzle if you stop playing for a sec :D 

Yes! The puzzles are actually pretty cool, but homeboy gives the answer too soon. I agree about Thor! 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Remij said:

This is such a Sony thing atm. Aloy the same in Horizon. Needs to be a way to switch this on or off. It's a really cool hint mechanism for puzzles for people that want them but on default the speed at which the puzzle begins and then a character basically blurts out the answer is so fast lol

• Like 1

Very early thoughts.

- Thor super fucking cool and already some excellent moments between the characters. The direction of the cutscenes is superb as always and the writing top notch again.

- Svartalfheim is already a better, most detailed, dense and cool realm than any in the previous GoW. Level design in this one already seems a major step above the last (and i loved the level design in GoW)

- Side quests are really cool from the couple ive seen. One in particular was awesome. Think Horizon ZD to FW jump in the side quests. Much bigger, with cool characters moments and backstory given. There's one already that I think you would do a disservice to yourself and the game if you skipped it. Had some of the best puzzles in the early game and a major visual change to the realm. These aren't just your 'kill 4 dragons', although there still are some of those type of stuff.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Very early thoughts.

- Thor super fucking cool and already some excellent moments between the characters. The direction of the cutscenes is superb as always and the writing top notch again.

- Svartalfheim is already a better, most detailed, dense and cool realm than any in the previous GoW. Level design in this one already seems a major step above the last (and i loved the level design in GoW)

- Side quests are really cool from the couple ive seen. One in particular was awesome. Think Horizon ZD to FW jump in the side quests. Much bigger, with cool characters moments and backstory given. There's one already that I think you would do a disservice to yourself and the game if you skipped it. Had some of the best puzzles in the early game and a major visual change to the realm. These aren't just your 'kill 4 dragons', although there still are some of those type of stuff.

Yes! I’m doing a side mission right now,  and it’s awesome! This feels like a major evolution from the first. I agree with you on all fronts. 

Game is a fucking BANGER. I said got damn. I’ve played a fuckton of games this year and I’d say this looking to sit comfortably at the top.

My only issues is the menus are literally fucking atrocious. 

When I first started it I felt it’s good but kinda more of the same within the first hour, I’m now 5hours in and loving everything about it.

Combat, level design, puzzles, characters and cutscenes, visuals *chef kiss*

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, Delita said:

Game is a fucking BANGER. I said got damn. I’ve played a fuckton of games this year and I’d say this looking to sit comfortably at the top.

My only issues is the menus are literally fucking atrocious. 

When I first started it I felt it’s good but kinda more of the same within the first hour, I’m now 5hours in and loving everything about it.

Combat, level design, puzzles, characters and cutscenes, visuals *chef kiss*

yeah, it's like the leap 2 had over 1.

• Like 1

Early thoughts:

Pros:

-Looks absolutely incredible, both technically and artistically

-Characters all seem cool, other than Kratos, guys boring. But a nice contract between the others. Thor is awesome in this.

-Combat is a hell of a spectacle

Cons:

-Already done with the loot system. Just completely unnecessary in this type of game imo. I'm cool getting a new weapon/tool every so often but finding/upgrading armour? nah im good. Looks like we're upgrading the boys shit too? zzzzzzz. Keep that shit out of my action games.

-Combat is also a bit lacking on the gameplay side of things. Feels like they sacrificed a bit of tightness and speed to make it more cinematic

I definitely appreciate it. Great game with a ton of polish. It's certainly "that" game that Sony first party has been making for some time now. And while I don't love those type of games, I'm cool playing one every couple years, and this is certainly the peak of those games.

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1

Some of the setpieces and views in this game are just great.

Spoilers just past where the game opens up initially.

Spoiler

did all the initial side quests in the first area...freeing the turtle and all that. they're fun enough, some of the puzzles get a bit repetitive so I don't know how many I'll do throughout the game but I like to get some upgrades early.

the scenery when you take that initial train ride up the mountain and then look back on the bay is incredible

the combat is growing on me a bit

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Casual said:

Some of the setpieces and views in this game are just great.

Spoilers just past where the game opens up initially.

Hide contents

did all the initial side quests in the first area...freeing the turtle and all that. they're fun enough, some of the puzzles get a bit repetitive so I don't know how many I'll do throughout the game but I like to get some upgrades early.

the scenery when you take that initial train ride up the mountain and then look back on the bay is incredible

the combat is growing on me a bit

it only gets better!