Official GOW thread (for those playing it - no spam)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man the combat in this game sucks ass.

About 3 hours in.  It's fucking goooood 

Beat it. Last 10 hours were great. No idea why they thought this needed to be a 20+ hour game, especially with how fast things progress in the last couple hours compared to the slow fucking slog of th

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Whats the rough % split so far between combat, story, and exploration + puzzle solving?

probably equal tbh. there's a lot of talking during action scenes. lots of puzzles too, especially if you do the side stuff.

• Upvote 1

I’m closing in on the 10 hour mark. I would probably be much further if I was skipping the side stuff, but I love finding cool new areas and objectives. A lot of thought went into the exploration. Overall, I’m enjoying the game a lot. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I expected this thread to be more active. I just got the game so ill probably post my own brief thoughts soon.

Same. But yeah, I look forward to your thoughts. I have a feeling this will be a hard game to properly rate until I’ve completed it. So far, I like what I’ve experienced a lot, though. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Same. But yeah, I look forward to your thoughts. I have a feeling this will be a hard game to properly rate until I’ve completed it. So far, I like what I’ve experienced a lot, though. 

Im only a hour in and while I like the story setup and set pieces im not too enthusiastic about the combat. There's something about it that feels off. Im playing at 40FPS and not the performance mode so that could be part of it.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im only a hour in and while I like the story setup and set pieces im not too enthusiastic about the combat. There's something about it that feels off. Im playing at 40FPS and not the performance mode so that could be part of it.

I’m playing at quality mode. It feels nice. Then again, I’m used to playing games at 30 fps, so that may help. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, I’m loving this game! The Secret of the Sands side mission was awesome! Fun puzzles (without annoying clues), excellent level design and just a great mission, all around. These “favors” feel essential. They don’t feel tacked on at all.  Also, you get some sick loot. 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This side quest I just did was pretty cool

Hide contents

The one where you free that giant whale creature from its chains

Yeah, that one was awesome. So far, I’ve enjoyed all of the favors. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly... what the fuck were they thinking having the NPC completely fucking spoil every puzzle you do.

*JUST regain control of the character after being presented with a puzzle*

"Hey maybe we should do this!" *IMMEDIATELY after*

Fuck right off :shake:

And I'll also say this... some of the dialog is just weird.. and sounds all wrong in the context of the game.

Still an awesome game, but god damn..

I'm going to fully break it down once I finish it, but there's definitely some real issues with this game that knock it down.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Honestly... what the fuck were they thinking having the NPC completely fucking spoil every puzzle you do.

*JUST regain control of the character after being presented with a puzzle*

"Hey maybe we should do this!" *IMMEDIATELY after*

Fuck right off :shake:

And I'll also say this... some of the dialog is just weird.. and sounds all wrong in the context of the game.

Still an awesome game, but god damn..

I'm going to fully break it down once I finish it, but there's definitely some real issues with this game that knock it down.

I find the amount of hand holding in general to be absolutely crazy even by Sony game standards. All those symbols they use to highlight paths and platforms you can climb are so excessive at times that it feels like an insult to the player's intelligence.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I find the amount of hand holding in general to be absolutely crazy even by Sony game standards. All those symbols they use to highlight paths and platforms you can climb are so excessive at times that it feels like an insult to the player's intelligence.

It really does.  It's maddening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This might be nitpicky, but I'd go as far as to say that the constant symbols actually hurts the world and visuals in general. Instead of having to analyze your surroundings, take everything in, and figure out how to move forward, you see all these symbols plastered all over the place and you feel encouraged to just make a beeline towards the nearest ones.

Its starting to become pretty bad design and I think studios should go back to using the level design to naturally nudge the player towards where they need to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This might be nitpicky, but I'd go as far as to say that the constant symbols actually hurts the world and visuals in general. Instead of having to analyze your surroundings, take everything in, and figure out how to move forward, you see all these symbols plastered all over the place and you feel encouraged to just make a beeline towards the nearest ones.

Its starting to become pretty bad design and I think studios should go back to using the level design to naturally nudge the player towards where they need to go.

I think you’ll like Scorn. There’s literally no hand-holding..or map..or clear objective :D 

• Like 1

About 10 hours in now but I've doing every side thing possible so probably not that far in main quest wise. Absolutely loving the game, big step up from the first while still keeping it's core. Some of these realms look unreal.

Gripe atm is the menus and UI are again pretty average if not down right bad, but I'm getting use to them. 

• Upvote 1