A Plague Tale: Requiem patch 1.03 dropped

A Plague Tale: Requiem Patch 1.03 Release Notes

Patch Notes common to all platforms
Changes & Updates

• Balanced difficulty in “Nothing Left” and “Dying Sun” final arena fights.

Optimization

• Optimized AI, rats, terrain and navmesh to reduce framerate drops and freezing issues.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed HDR issues creating crushed highlights (not applicable to Nintendo Switch).
  • Fixed random crashes or blockers that could happen in some chapters.
  • Also fixed blockers or animation bugs that could happen during some crank interactions.
  • Fixed issue during reaction between Ignifer pot and Odoris in specific cases.
  • Fixed a script issue that could make the pine cones thrown by Hugo in “Under a New Sun” invisible.
  • Improved cart collisions to prevent going out of the map.
  • Fixed minor visual bugs in some chapters.
  • Fixed unexpected change of audio language when changing other options.
  • Also fixed minor issues in German language.

Patch Notes specific to PC
Changes & Updates

• The game is now compatible with Steam Deck.

Optimization

• Added new graphics options to improve visual and performance customizations (Frame limiter, Resolution optimizer, SSAO, DOF, Screen Space Shadows, Motion Blur).
  • Improved auto setting graphic profiles to better match PC configurations.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed specular flickering issues with DLSS.

Seems like they optimized the rats and AI to reduce FPS drops and freezing on all platforms.  Game has also been Deck verified, and they added some extra graphical options for the PC version.

Good stuff.

damn just what I was waiting for. I understand it's new gen stuff but if I was able to play the first on high at 30fps cap I should be able to play this too 😑I read everywhere that people complained about unoptimazation and funky performance

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, kaz said:

damn just what I was waiting for. I understand it's new gen stuff but if I was able to play the first on high at 30fps cap I should be able to play this too 😑I read everywhere that people complained about unoptimazation and funky performance

I don't understand why people feel so entitled nowadays when it comes to performance. They want the best looking games yet complain because they can't run one of the top 3 looking games this year at 12K and 200 FPS. Its ridiculous...

19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I don't understand why people feel so entitled nowadays when it comes to performance. They want the best looking games yet complain because they can't run one of the top 3 looking games this year at 12K and 200 FPS. Its ridiculous...

I hope and I think you don't mean me with that because I'm not at all, I didn't say or mean I want the best quality graphics, hell, I don't even care most of the time. But since this a TRUE next gen game it will be a bit different in performance, or so it looked like on lower-mid hardware. It looked a bit too rough even if you turn down the settings all down. 

I just want to be able to play this on my computer, I evne said I don't care if I have to cap it at 30fps. The first game I could easily play at high settings, but still decided to play it at medium because it looked good enough for me. :ben:   So I played it at 1080p all medium 30fps and I still LOOKED amazing, hell even on low settings most games nowadays still look insane! locking framerate is another thing but I got so used to it for single player games, I don't even care, I mean it was always the standard and it IS indeed playable for everything. at around 40 fps it starts to get smooth anyway but I still lock becuase I hate this jumping if I still get a scene when it drops down. 

I know you mean other people and I'm sure they exist that want too much or expect too much but like I said when I say performance I  mean actual performance only, like being able to play in the first place and when you think about that I was able to play GODpunk, then I really think I should also be able to play this? Don't ya think? But all tests i've seen it was really bad thus I know it was definitely some kind of optimization issue which definitely was confirmed too. ok even though I understand this comparing apples and oranges becuase every system is different, but it gives you good idea of how it will work.

If I have to play this all low settings 1080p 30fps I'd be happy, maybe put some medium, but I don't expect more. But some vids go even further and do 720p and then even reduce the resolution scale to like 50% :kaz:  so it looks like fucking snes game :kaz: 

shit sorry for the long text but I think it's maybe interesting to get a different point of view, like low settings in demanding games isn't bad, there still other games that I can easily max out then like Scorn for example because it just looks like, tight environments etc not too much going on. I'm just saying.  

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
Just now, kaz said:

I hope and I think you don't mean me with that because I'm not at all, I didn't say or mean I want the best quality graphics, hell, I don't even care most of the time. But since this a TRUE next gen game it will be a bit different in performance, or so it looked like on lower-mid hardware. It looked a bit too rough even if you turn down the settings all down. 

I just want to be able to play this on my computer, I evne said I don't care if I have to cap it at 30fps. The first game I could easily play at high settings, but still decided to play it at medium because it looked good enough for me. :ben:   So I played it at 1080p all medium 30fps and I still LOOKED amazing, hell even on low settings most games nowadays still look insane! locking framerate is another thing but I got so used to it for single player games, I don't even care, I mean it was always the standard and it IS indeed playable for everything. at around 40 fps it starts to get smooth anyway but I still lock becuase I hate this jumping if I still get a scene when it drops down. 

I know you mean other people and I'm sure they exist that want too much or expect too much but like I said when I say performance I  mean actual performance only, like being able to play in the first place and when you think about that I was able to play GODpunk, then I really think I should also be able to play this? Don't ya think? But all tests i've seen it was really bad thus I know it was definitely some kind of optimization issue. ok even though I understand this comparing apples and oranges becuase every system is different, but it gives you good idea of how it will work.

If I have to play this all low settings 1080p 30fps I'd be happy, maybe put some medium, but I don't expect more. But some vids go even further and do 720p and then even reduce the resolution scale to like 50% :kaz:  so it looks like fucking snes game :kaz: 

shit sorry for the long text but I think it's maybe interesting to get a different point of view, like low settings in demanding games isn't bad, there still other games that I can easily max out then like Scorn for example because it just looks like, tight environments etc not too much going on. I'm just saying.  

you expect us to read that book? wtf?

• Geese 1
20 hours ago, -GD-X said:

easily the most criminally underrated game of the year.

I missed this one but man how is that underrated? I hear everyone keeps praising it on the internet, some even say it's perfect and a perfect sequel lol :D 

Just now, kaz said:

I missed this one but man how is that underrated? I hear everyone keeps praising it on the internet, some even say it's perfect and a perfect sequel lol :D 

critics have been giving it it 7's, when it's easily a 9+ title.