God of War Ragnarok compared with A Plague Tale Requiem

There are some SLIGHT spoilers about a character in GoWR!  Nothing major.. but you've been warned.

It's amazing how damn good A Plague Tale looks.  The fact that it compares so closely with GoWR is a testament to the team, and their engine.  Fucking incredible job.  

Now obviously on the animation side of things, GoWR destroys APTR... but they're continuing to improve as their production values get higher and higher.  Regardless, it's insanely impressive how close these games are.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

GoW is more polished and consistent which makes sense. Their art team alone is probably larger than Plague Tale's entire dev team.

But based on the footage i've seen Plague Tale at its best definitely looks better overall. Ill know for sure once I jump into GoW soon.

The lighting in APTR definitely looks better at times.  I don't know about overall as I haven't played APTR yet.. but yea.. the lighting in that game is *chef's kiss*

16 minutes ago, Sabo said:

GoW is a last gen game though so is it really that impressive that Plague can compare?

Of course it's impressive.  It comes down to budgets and talent more than processing power.

4 hours ago, Remij said:

The lighting in APTR definitely looks better at times.  I don't know about overall as I haven't played APTR yet.. but yea.. the lighting in that game is *chef's kiss*

Of course it's impressive.  It comes down to budgets and talent more than processing power.

Is it? I don't think so but I suppose I'm in the minority here. Guess I'm just used to seeing Focus' game engine then. A lot of their games use it and they all kind of look the same to me.

Edited by Sabo
9 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Is it? I don't think so but I suppose I'm in the minority here. Guess I'm just used to seeing Focus' game engine then. A lot of their games use it and they all kind of look the same to me.

Let's just put it this way.  God of War Ragnarok would be considered one of the best looking games out today, regardless of "last gen/current gen"... and in many ways, this smaller team, with lesser budget... made something very comparable, at least on a more surface level inspection.  Of course God of War is better in animations and other areas... and of course it runs at 2x+ the framerate :ben: ... but I'm talking visually here.. it's impressive what Asobo has done with their own proprietary engine here.

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Holy shit, GoW looks fucking insane. Plague Tale looks great too but that's really my first time seeing non trailer footage of Ragnarock and its stunning.

It's a good step up over the original especially in the lighting.

Edited by Remij
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I haven’t really been blown away by GoW so far but the lighting is quite good. I think HDR might be a big part of that. I’m not really used to it because only my TV supports it buy I play most of my games on PC.

Hmm, I wonder why that is :reg: 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Because of greenmangaming discounts of course :mjpls:

Ah, so the console versions aren't worth the full price huh?  Not even with the comfy couch aspect?  Big OLED TV? Not even the bug free gameplay?  Not the better visuals and performance?  How about those PS5 Dualsense features?  Surely physical means something to you, right?  Could have sworn PS5 loads faster too... doesn't it?  Did I mention cheater-free online gaming yet? 

What about all that shit isn't worth the full price that they're asking on console Twinky? :mjpls:

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ah, so the console versions aren't worth the full price huh?  Not even with the comfy couch aspect?  Big OLED TV? Not even the bug free gameplay?  Not the better visuals and performance?  How about those PS5 Dualsense features?  Surely physical means something to you, right?  Could have sworn PS5 loads faster too... doesn't it?  Did I mention cheater-free online gaming yet? 

What about all that shit isn't worth the full price that they're asking on console Twinky? :mjpls:

Damn, console gaming is even better than I expected :wow2:

These comparisns are always funny.

God of war vs A plague tale

Horizon zero dawn vs Assassin's Creed

Infamous vs Prototype

And more...

Lemmings get butthurt seeing a popular playstation exclusive so they immediately start to compare it to some third party game.

Ok if you think Plague Tale looks better just buy it on your PlayStation alongside God of war

"No! Thats not how it works :cries: Its meant to be about Xbox" - lemshits.

This is why Xbox is worthless even if there's a good looking game on the system you can pick it up on PC or PS quite easily and skip the Xbox. There's never anything good that's actually exclusive.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1