Game Awards Game of the Year nominees

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Of The Year: - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Elden Ring - God of War Ragnarok - Horizon Forbidden West - Stray - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Direction: - Elden Ring - God of War R

Zero Xbox games?   But the Forza hot wheels expansion 

Awesome to see Plague Tale nominated. It won’t win but this is still a significant achievement

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I’m guessing vampire survivors is best played with a controller?

It doesn't really matter. You don't control anything except your character's movement and you'll spend a lot of the game just holding one direction or afk standing still. It becomes a build creator once you get familiar with it.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This shit actually seems kind of deep. Any idea which upgrades I should be prioritizing?

Off the top of my head Revive is an obvious one, and Amount.  Don't forget though that as you progress you'll unlock new characters which you also have to pay for.  Depending on the weapons they have, and your preferred style of play, you may want to grab a new character before any other upgrades.

But really my advice is to just play it organically and upgrade as you see fit.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Remij said:

Off the top of my head Revive is an obvious one, and Amount.  Don't forget though that as you progress you'll unlock new characters which you also have to pay for.  Depending on the weapons they have, and your preferred style of play, you may want to grab a new character before any other upgrades.

But really my advice is to just play it organically and upgrade as you see fit.

There were only 4 characters but I looked at the unlock list and it looks like there's a bunch more that you get by completing specific requirements like upgrading a weapon or spell several times in-game. It seems that there's a lot to strive for which is always a good sign for this type of game.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There were only 4 characters but I looked at the unlock list and it looks like there's a bunch more that you get by completing specific requirements like upgrading a weapon or spell several times in-game. It seems that there's a lot to strive for which is always a good sign for this type of game.

Yeah there's a lot more characters.  You don't start getting them unlocked for purchase until you start playing more levels that you've unlocked.

This game is fun as hell :wow2: My max survival time had been 13 or 14 minutes but then shortly after I managed to do a run where I got all the way to 25 & over level 60, also the first time I got to use one of the weapon evolutions (the big fireballs). Combined with maxed out lightning + garlic there was so much shit happening on screen :D but it was actually really satisfying to watch as dozens of enemies were being obliterated every few seconds.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This game is fun as hell :wow2: My max survival time had been 13 or 14 minutes but then shortly after I managed to do a run where I got all the way to 25 & over level 60, also the first time I got to use one of the weapon evolutions (the big fireballs). Combined with maxed out lightning + garlic there was so much shit happening on screen :D but it was actually really satisfying to watch as dozens of enemies were being obliterated every few seconds.

Every aspect of that game is deliberately designed to be satisfying.  The sound it makes when you kill enemies, the gem collection sound.. the powerup sounds... everything.

Don't sleep on Kings Bibles either.  I used to lean heavy on Garlic when I was first starting out too, makes some runs a lot better to begin with, but you quickly learn there's better things out there.

58 minutes ago, Remij said:

Every aspect of that game is deliberately designed to be satisfying.  The sound it makes when you kill enemies, the gem collection sound.. the powerup sounds... everything.

Don't sleep on Kings Bibles either.  I used to lean heavy on Garlic when I was first starting out too, makes some runs a lot better to begin with, but you quickly learn there's better things out there.

Bibles and garlic, some of my least used weapons. They are only good if you use the area of effect upgrade which I don't take usually. 

I mean it depends what upgrades and character you play as but there are better and more deadly setup. Want you want ideally are projectile weapons, get the duplicator upgrade and play as the character that gets a new projectile every 20 level. Or the one that start with double projectiles from the get-go. 

On 2022-11-20 at 1:46 PM, Twinblade said:

I got Vampire Survivors and did a few runs. This is actually pretty fun :ben: 

I thought you had already said you played it, when I mentioned it.

LOL the guy tr6ying to give you advice was making fun of the game, when I mentioned I was playing it. And now he's a fan of it.

Yeah, something that looks like a mini-game from a Warioware game is the best PC game of the year.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

I thought you had already said you played it, when I mentioned it.

LOL the guy tr6ying to give you advice was making fun of the game, when I mentioned I was playing it. And now he's a fan of it.

Yeah, something that looks like a mini-game from a Warioware game is the best PC game of the year.

I wasn't making fun of it... I was making fun of you sweetie.  I played the game long before you ever did... and also have more time in it.... but we'll... that's not hard.  Twinky probably already has more time with it than you by now :hest: