Game Awards Game of the Year nominees

On 2022-11-20 at 7:46 PM, Twinblade said:

I got Vampire Survivors and did a few runs. This is actually pretty fun :ben: 

Another convert :lul: I was the same I thought it looked stupid but the more I played the more I found. Videos don't really do this game justice.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Of The Year: - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Elden Ring - God of War Ragnarok - Horizon Forbidden West - Stray - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Direction: - Elden Ring - God of War R

Zero Xbox games?   But the Forza hot wheels expansion 

Awesome to see Plague Tale nominated. It won’t win but this is still a significant achievement

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Remij said:

Every aspect of that game is deliberately designed to be satisfying.  The sound it makes when you kill enemies, the gem collection sound.. the powerup sounds... everything.

Don't sleep on Kings Bibles either.  I used to lean heavy on Garlic when I was first starting out too, makes some runs a lot better to begin with, but you quickly learn there's better things out there.

The bible is legit when evolved :banderoos:

For the newcomers, its a grindy game if you like ublocking things. The better weapons come when you unlock more characters and discover the evolutions. Eventually you will become opyimal at evolving and maxing weapons during a run and going in with specific builds in mind.

The pentagram when evolved + cooldown is on another level but its probably not worth pursuing when you're new because it will take long to upgrade and hurts you early levels due to destroying xp gems.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

tbh after 32 hours of Ragnarok it just feels refreshing to play a game thats actually fun :hest:

yeah i think im done with Ragnarok after about 12 hours or so.

Vampire Survivors is a way better game.

Elden Ring got GOTY on lock though.

• Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, Casual said:

yeah i think im done with Ragnarok after about 12 hours or so.

Vampire Survivors is a way better game.

Elden Ring got GOTY on lock though.

I didn’t finish Elden ring but I definitely thinks it’s more deserving of GOTY, especially since it doesn’t treat its players like they’re retarded.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I didn’t finish Elden ring but I definitely thinks it’s more deserving of GOTY, especially since it doesn’t treat its players like they’re retarded.

I thought you loved "neon lights" pointing you exactly where to go, puzzles with no challenge with NPCs telling you how to solve it... You got exactly what you wanted with GOW Ragnarok.. But now that you have it you realize how misguided you were to want games to hold your hand so much :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I thought you loved "neon lights" pointing you exactly where to go, puzzles with no challenge with NPCs telling you how to solve it... You got exactly what you wanted with GOW Ragnarok.. But now that you have it you realize how misguided you were to want games to hold your hand so much :umad:

That’s not remotely accurate :D Requiem is one of my favorite games this year and most of the time it doesn’t even have any objective markers or indicators telling you where to go.

I can't stand the idea of cinematic third person games anymore, personally. Haven't played Ragnarok, haven't played Plague Tale, haven't played The Last of Us 2. I really don't give a fuck anymore. 

Same thing with open world third person action games. Haven't played Ass Creed Valhalla, haven't played Ghost of Tsushima, haven't played Horizon 2.

And the craziest part, despite being some of the biggest games out there, I don't feel like I've missed anything.

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That’s not remotely accurate :D Requiem is one of my favorite games this year and most of the time it doesn’t even have any objective markers or indicators telling you where to go.

Remember that next time you bitch about a game not holding your hand enough. 

5 hours ago, Remij said:

I wasn't making fun of it...

yes you were

sorry, you're not going to retcon your own embarassment.

you were even posting screenshots of the game, making fun of the game, along with jonb

you were clearly implying that the game was pathetic

little did you know you were talking about the best thing...............the PC.........has to offer........this ENTIRE YEAR

and you paid more for a video card than I did. so your own story doesn't even hold any logic.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I can't stand the idea of cinematic third person games anymore, personally. Haven't played Ragnarok, haven't played Plague Tale, haven't played The Last of Us 2. I really don't give a fuck anymore. 

Same thing with open world third person action games. Haven't played Ass Creed Valhalla, haven't played Ghost of Tsushima, haven't played Horizon 2.

And the craziest part, despite being some of the biggest games out there, I don't feel like I've missed anything.

Ghost of Tsushima technically doesn't do anything new in terms of gameplay mechanics, but its presented in a way that feels new-ish.

Like the "faceoffs" is just a thing that feels satisfying AND it helps you eliminate enemies quicker so that you can be on your way to wherever it was you were going.

And, many people are now starting feel nolstalgic for the "old" gameplay design of Assassin's Creed games, and Ghost of Tsushima scratches that itch quite well.

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

twinblade after playing  bargain bin star ocean and sonic games: "very solid,  i give it an 8/10  :mono:"

twinblade after playing a 94 on metacritic and  gotg contender: "not good enuff 4 me :fatcruise:"

I've heard game journalists who played the game after release (not for review) just straight up say Sonic Frontiers is more fun :D Im not sure how it has a 94, many people (not just myself) were left pretty disappointed by the game.

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've heard game journalists who played the game after release (not for review) just straight up say Sonic Frontiers is more fun :D Im not sure how it has a 94, many people (not just myself) were left pretty disappointed by the game.

who, xbox shill jeff grubb on the dying giantbomb youtube channel? :D im not sure how a barely functioning unreal tech demo managed a 73. what i do know is your gow impressions are super predictable, especially after it bodied A Poor Man's Tale :hest:

4 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i looked it up, saw "roguelike," and nope'd out.

yea lmfao, the roguelike part bothers me as well :D  truly the worst genre right after battle royal trash

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

who, xbox shill jeff grubb on the dying giantbomb youtube channel? :D im not sure how a barely functioning unreal tech demo managed a 73. what i do know is your gow impressions are super predictable, especially after it bodied A Poor Man's Tale :hest:

Mike Mahardy wasn’t impressed with it. Dan Ryckert said it’s a 8/10 at best. Vinny Caravella was 24 hours in and it still wasn’t grabbing him like the first one. These aren’t just one off opinions.